“a great place to relax and enjoy each other” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Totally Truffles Package
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
federal way,wash
“a great place to relax and enjoy each other”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

My wife and i stayed at the judith ann inn for our 41st anniversary this past june.This is our 4th stay in less than a year.We picked this motel because of its cleanliness, location, and friendly staff.

The room are like being at home. Whenever we had a question,the manager "Amy" was more than helpful. Whether it was finding a restaraunt or showing us how to operate the controls for the high quality stereo and media systems,"Amy" was always there.If we had any concerns she addressed them in a timely manner

We have recommended this motel to our friends and when they stayed here, were also impressed.We are going back in sept for our birthdaysand will doubtless make several more trips in the coming months

We especially like the location.It is close to town shops, the beach, the movie theater and the casino for its fabulous food, yet far enough away from the noise.
Ya gotta go yourself someday!!!!!

Paul and Delsie Feist

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

No clean towels, no cleaning, NO housekeeping in 4 days. Really? For almost $700? All with an attitude of "the policy is in the notebook". Never mentions it on the web site, no notes in the room, and who reads the notebook? (I did and didn't see it mentioned.) So, avoid it. And Ocean Beach is drab, restaurants suck, & the weather is marginal. Go to Long Beach, WA or SF.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
judann, Manager at Judith Ann Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2009
Just a reminder the Judith Ann Inn is more like a condominium than a hotel. Most people familiar with condo stays don't expect maid service. After this guests stay I have made it a point to openly state this on our registration cards. I also make a point of telling guests if they want that kind of service we are more than happy to accomodate them if they will let us know.

We set the rooms with a total of 9 bath towels, two or more hand towels and 6 wash cloths located in the bathroom, by the jetted tub and in the hall closet.

In addition this particular guest I gave access to the suites' laundry closet which had a new frontloading washer and dryer set and more clean towels.

I saw the guest several times over the course of the stay and asked how things were. I am surprised he waited to mention his issue with maid service until he checked out and handed me his keys at which point there is not much I can do about it. If people need or want something I am happy to oblige if they would let me know what it is I can do for them.

I want all our guests to have a positive experience.
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

My husband and I were looking for a two day getaway for some rest and relaxation. We were more than pleased with the quality of Judith Ann Inn. We stayed on the first floor, and were delighted to see a jacuzzi spa and fireplace in the living room, full kitchen, and our balcony overlooked the ocean. The suite was impeccably clean and romantic. We spent two days relaxing and enjoying our mini getaway. We have stayed in other hotels and Ocean Shores, but this inn definitely is where we would go back.

Stayed January 2009
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

Magnificent and luxurious, this beachfront property delivered everything promised. The manager Shirley went above and beyond to make our stay the best. Drinking wine watching the wildlife from the deck with the ocean in the back ground is something I've only seen before this, I will tell everyone. Thank you Judith Ann Inn.

• Liked — It was just very friendly. It made me feel at home but nicer.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Bellevue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

My husband and I have been going to Ocean Shores now for 10 years for mini-vacations away from the city every chance we get. We have stayed at many of the hotels in Ocean Shores and I have to say that the Judith Ann Inn is clearly the best choice for a romantic and quiet getaway. It is now the only place I want to stay when we visit. I truly love this place and feel like we get our moneys worth everytime.

We usually stay in the "Richmond" room that is a corner unit on the top level. It is very spacious, kitchen is well equipped, gas fireplace, jacuzzi, surround sound television, king size bed, and deck to view the beautiful sunsets and the deer that pass thru. I always thought the "Richmond" room was the best UNTIL we stayed in the Bridal Suite on our last visit. IT IS THE BEST ROOM IN THE PLACE!! It is a corner unit as well on the bottom floor but there are no rooms above you and the room next to you is the banquet room which is usually empty so there is no noise! Also the Bridal Suite room comes with a TV in the bedroom and complimentary robes for getting in and out of the jacuzzi which none of the other rooms have. I highly recommend the Bridal Suite room even if you are not a newlywed or on your anniversary.

Do keep this in mind though - if you are used to room service or maid service, then this is not for you. You are not going to get a mint on your pillow with a card that says "Room done by so and so, please tip". These rooms are unique and are meant to be private. You do not have people barging in or maid service which I think is fantastic. I never liked the idea of someone in my room with my personal things when I wasn't there. These rooms come with plenty of towels, extra pillows, blankets, and anything else you should possibly need but if you ask the staff for something in the office, they are more than happy to accommodate you. They are very friendly and accessable.

• Liked — Everything really....but the private Jacuzzi has to be the best thing.
  • Disliked — Not a clear cut path trail thru the dunes to the beach
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

I booked this locale for one night on our roving honeymoon through the Puget Sound area. This night followed another burst of shopping and sightseeing in a metropolitan area, so I booked it in anticipation of us needing a good nap.

The Judith Ann Inn is a relatively new construction aspiring for a "Southern antebellum feel", I guess you could say, and I don't know if the effect totally comes off, even if they named the rooms after Southern locales like "Richmond". A climb up a lengthy, wide staircase (which gets a little slippery in the rain) leads you to a spacious front balcony with the room doors. The suite we booked was extremely spacious, with very high ceilings, a partial skylight, a serviceable bed and nice rear balcony, although the high vegetation immediately behind the property limited views of the shore from the first floor. The "living room" area was nicely furnished with a couch, large television and a hot tub - spartan in terms of decor, but quite nice. The kitchenette area was large and well equipped. Everything about it screams "modern", so again I don't recommend it for its faux-"Southern charm", but as far as lodgings in the area go this is a nice one. You can certainly do a lot worse in Ocean Shores.

The only problem we ran into that might be of concern to travelers is the location. It's very easy to find if you've seen the pictures, but there's not much in walking or driving distance in terms of eating or entertainment. I'm not complaining about that, as the whole point of our staying there was to get out of the "city" areas for a brief break, but it might be of note to researching travelers. If there's any shore access nearby, I didn't see it.

• Liked — Intended atmosphere aside, it's a roomy, well-planned lodging.
  • Disliked — All that brush out back kills the view - that's annoying!!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Carson, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

My husband and I have stayed at the Judith Ann Inn many times. We keep going back because it is very nice, has Jacuzzi tubs overlooking the ocean, a nice full kitchen, living room, gas fireplace, etc. It is at the end of town so there isn't a lot of outside noise. The beds, bedding, etc are nice quality. The rooms are very clean and well thought out. It is a nice change from the usual hotel rooms that the average hotel chain offers. When we want a romantic getaway we go to Ocean Shores.

I can't understand the other review who said she was ripped off. The maid fee is very standard for condo type rentals, and they tell you about it up front. Tax has to be paid in Washington, it is the state law, so no reason to even mention that it had to be paid. I didn't find the TV to be in the way of the view, and the tub was easy to get in and out of. And who needs a TV in the bedroom where you're there for a romantic getaway. Many of the reasons this lady listed as to why she didn't like it are pluses for me. I like that it is NOT like every chain hotel room out there. It is different, and not in a bad way.

In any case, we highly recommend this place for anyone who wants something a bit out of the ordinary, especially if you are looking for a romantic spot. And don't miss the Galaway Bay Irish Pub while you're in Ocean Shores, the food, music and beer are worth the trip.

• Liked — The Quiet Romance and Jacuzzi Tub with Ocean View
  • Disliked — Internet Connection didn't work very well, kept getting disconnected
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Judith Ann Inn? Share your experiences!