“Never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Nautilus

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocean Shores
The Nautilus
You added The Nautilus to your Saves list
835 N. Ocean Shores Blvd, Rental Office 659 Ocean Shores Blvd. N.W, Ocean Shores, WA 98569   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We recently stayed in Unit 304...dump! Ratty torn furniture, Outdoor furniture plastic and cheap, Bed squeeked so bad you could hear it in Westport. No logs for fireplace, no spices, no wine glasses, no dishsoap, disposer would not work, no matches, TV is a joke, washer/dryer room locked off, no cd's, no games, no nothing...place was dismal....Never again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Our stay at the Nautilus was great...After a long drive through "nightmare" traffic, we were greeted by Kimberly at the desk. Her smile and friendliness was a well needed change from what we usually recieve at check-ins. She told us of places to eat out, and places of interest to check out during our stay. Our room was very quiet and comfortable, especially the private covered deck and fireplace, both with ocean views. Our friends came to Ocean Shores to visit, I cooked a seafood feast for all of us, in our kitchen. What a grand time. I would totally suggest this condo, to anyone who is looking for the perfect getaway. We will be back, and thankyou, Nautilus, for catering to all our needs.

Room Tip: 3rd floor for the best ocean view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

these simpletons who run this, dare I say it, "motel", are sub-humans straight out of
"The hills have eyes". But, hey, who am I ? Go ahead and stay there. Don't take my word for it. Enjoy the rice-paper thin walls and s**t-hole accomodations. Don't forget to bring plenty of cash. And make sure you use your credit card. It's all non-refundable no matter what. This place is truly the best place to send your worst enemy ( but only if you truly hate him/her and don't mind burning bridges with that person)

Room Tip: most OTHER places in ocean shores are fine.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Pros:
Beach view, nice deck, pet friendly, hot tub (in common area), full kitchen, separate bedroom, clean, reasonable price, wildlife/deer all around, fireplace

Cons:
No elevator, furniture/decor dated (80's), very uncomfortable worn out bed, cheap plastic patio furniture, about 1/2 mile or so walk to the beach

Each unit is individually owned, so I guess the one we got was not one of the nicer updated ones. I was disappointed how far it was to the water. Overall it wasn't bad, but if I were to return I would want to make sure the unit had a newer bed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
puyallup
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

I had the misfortune to stay at this dive last year, what a waste of money. As soon as you check in you know you are in trouble, I spent almost $300 for 2 nights and they give you a free fire log, cool I thought until I ask for 2 since you know, we are staying 2 nights...$300. lady looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears. So, we go to one of the local stores and I drop a bunch of cash and I buy a whole case of fire logs. Go back to the room, start a fire, oh ya, can't burn real wood, they don't tell you that till you get there. Anyway, get the fire going, drinking a few beers, listening to some Ted, then BANG, BANG, BANG..someones pounding on the door, damn...musics not loud what the hell, so I answer the door and its one of the folks that checked us in and they are concerned that we are burning fire logs that are TOO BIG...you got to be kidding me right? I payed good hard earned money for this, don't make my mistake. Do yourself a favor...read the other reviews, there are plenty of other places that would love to take your money, and would at least smile as they do it.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
rlw1960, Manager at The Nautilus, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
This review is untrue and very insulting. You claim you stayed 12/29/12 and delt with the front desk lady you refer to as Broomhilda who sold you fire logs. Here is where the false statements start. There has been no "front desk lady" sense September 2012 the building is managed off site by my rental agency. Looking back thru the reviews you claim you stayed August 21 2009 and had a horrible experience and would never return. My company has worked very hard the last 6 months to make sure all the guests have a pleasant experence and to have a false review for no apparent reason is very frustrating to say the least. Rick Winningham Owner At The Beach Rentals and manager Nautilus Condos
Boise, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

We have stayed at many other locations in the past and ran across this place on Ricksbeachhouses.com and thought we would try it out. We stayed in Unit 108 and we will now stay there every time we go! It sits on the dunes and is a short walk to the beach and ocean on a well made trail. Although we didn't bring our daughter this time, there is a sofa bed and lots of great games and kids stuff for her to do. Plus there is a fireplace, dvd player and tons of movies. This truly made us feel like we were in our home. Clean, bright, cheery are all great ways to describe this fabulous place. You can tell the owners of the unit take pride in making sure you feel comfortable!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Beautiful spot. Nicely furnished. Filthy accommodations. Not enough toilet paper, kleenex, towels, no cleaning supplies. Had to clean the bathroom and the windows.
Would not go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Nautilus? Share your experiences!