“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
South Florida, Florida
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I really don't understand the bad reviews. About 10 years ago we started going to Galway Bay each time we went to Ocean Shores, most times, they are the reason we went to Ocean Shores! The food has always been fantastic. The staff has always made us feel like family. The Limerick Sausage Roll is my favorite, but everything I have had has been excellent!

Ignore the bad reviews and give this place a shot!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ocean Shores
“It just can't get better than this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

Music, great food, and Megan as a server makes going to Galway Bay better than vacation. There are not many privatly owned quality BARS out there any more. I do not like franchise facilities as people try and teach people how they want the staff to act rather than let them be themselves and show off the culture of where you are at the time. When in Rome do as they do. When in Ocean Shores go to Galway Bay. Try the 9 different Irish Whiskeys available the tour is quiet fun. Mix in some food from the region and music and you have a perfect Saturday night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Covington,Washington
“Galway Bay,not what I thought it would be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

My family and I met some friends for luch prior to us going clamming this past weekend 2/7-2/8 of 2009. We were there for 30 minutes before someone even noticed that we were seated. It then took over an hour before our luch came.When it did show up,it was cold,and not much flavor to it.
The sad part is that there weren't many people there at all,so I don't know how much worse the service would have been had they actually been busy.
The nice part was that our waiter was friendly.All in all I'd have to rate this as Okay.
I was very disappointed in the whole experience. It's not something I would like to do twice.

Seattle, WA
“Inspite of poor reviews, I found this to be the perfect place for Irish food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

My husband and I spent Thanksgiving weekend in Ocean Shores this year and talked about going to the Irish Pub up the road from our Condo. I got online to read the reviews and was horrified to see so many poor experiences and bad reviews. I read each one outloud to my husband and we decided, even with the poor ratings that we would try it. We took our parents with us on Saturday afternoon. The house was not full but there were many patrons enjoying the fire and the soups. Our waiter, Brodey, was a delight. He had mentioned the poor review he received and said the party came in on St. Pats day right after the parade and everyone and his brother was in the pub. Of course, the service would be a bit slow with standing room only. Anyway, I ordered the potato soup, my husband had bangers and mash, my father had Irish Stew and my mother had an egg breakfast dish. I can honestly say, the service was superb! Brodey was very friendly and quick with the drinks and the soda bread., which by the way is the best I've had! The soups were excellent and we received them in a timely fashion. We had the most delightful experience. I would like to say this. IF you considered going to this establishment but are afraid of the reviews, please go anyway. You will probably not be disappointed. Brodey, you were wonderful! Thanks!!

Stanwood
“The only place I will eat Clam chowder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

Every time I go to Ocean shores or if I am within a 20 mile radius, I go to Galway bay for clam chowder and soda bread I have never had a bad experience here as long as I stick to the chowder but its so..worth it! Mmmmmm. don't order the pasties ( their not what mom used to make) . for a nice Irish pub experience t his place cant be beat.