“It was just ok... But I would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay midweek and SAVE!
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Ocean Shores
localpunks_909
“It was just ok... But I would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend in Ocean Shores. When we first got to our room I thought it was really cool that it smelled like pineapple especially since casinos always smell like smoke. I liked the pool and the hot tub it was cool to be able to look out at the ocean while swimming indoors.

The one thing I would say is don't waste your money at Emily's the onsite resturant. It's really pretty to overlook the ocean at sunset and my boyfriend got some awesome clams and something with scallops but my best friend and I got the exact same thing a steak medium rare and it was well done. I don't like to ask to have redone so I just had them take it off the bill which they did without a problem. It was just way too spendy for what it was. We ate at the breakfast buffet at the Shiloh the next morning though and paid a lot less for a better meal.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Puyallup, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We arrived a little after 4pm on a Saturday and our room was ready. I was fairly impressed with the room. Nice king size bed with a fireplace and love seat. Beautiful ocean view. I was also impressed with the large bathroom area with double sinks and stool outside the toilet/shower area. The room had a coffee maker and small refrigerator. The only downsides I saw with the room were that the love seat was worn and should be replaced and it would have been nice to have a balcony. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We didn't eat at the restaurant as there was a 1 1/2 hour wait. Instead, we went into Ocean Shores and ate at the Irish Pub, Galway Bay. Very good.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Redmond, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Traveled with 2 kids (12 & 9). Had a great time at the beach, and inside at the pool. Lots to do both at the hotel and in Ocean Shores (just down the road). Having the casino just downstairs was a big plus (after the kids went to bed) as well. We will be back. Staff was very pleasant and helpful (read a lot of bad reviews on that before). Beach did have fireworks residue (they should clean that up), but nothing of major concern.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
north bend
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

From the moment I booked over the phone where it took me at least 5 times to tell the person I wanted a non smoking room for myself and a smoking room for my mother in law well it just went down hill from there. When I arrived they still had it wrong. I had just left the Holiday Inn Express which was great. It was a lot cleaner, friendly staff, and they were very attentive. The beach in front of the hotel, which is solely used by the people staying at the hotel, was littered with garbage and fireworks from three weeks ago. The beaches two miles down the road where all of the other hotels are were clean and maintained. It is obvious the the tribe and its managers have no interest in keeping the natural surroundings clean and only care about where they can make their next buck. The room I was in at $179 a night had wallpaper coming off the wall, the carpet was filthy, and the furniture had a big rip in it. What really disgusted me is that in their pool area the only camera they had was directed to where people grab a towel at the end of the pool, yet there is no camera facing the pool where it could actually help prevent a drowning. This place is just gross and the staff has little or no training. I will never stay here again and would rather stay in a budget hotel in town for $59 a night. If you want to have your kids play with the garbage while building a sand castle then the casino would be the place to go.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We have stayed several times since it opened and it just keeps going downhill.
Rude and inconsiderate staff,dirty and old casino with horrible payouts,not so clean rooms,yada yada. We wrote a letter to the GM after our last visit,listing everthing that happened from the moment of check in to check out. We did not receive a response.The worst part is the attitude of the staff.It's like "Ok,you're here,we'll gladly take your money but don't give a rip if you come back,because we have so much business who cares if we lose yours."
Mu husband and I are not hard to please,we would simply like a little respect and decent service.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
FEDERAL WAY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

We had a nice room (though windows were grubby) facing the water with a seating area and bedroom separated by a gas fireplace you could turn on with a switch. We had a seafood salad in the bar that was delicious and huge. We also ate in Emily's, main restaurant, but the salad wasn't quite as good and slightly more expensive. Both the hotel room and meals were reduced by 20% when we got a player's card (which you didn't have to use).
But the gambling was awful. Don't expect to make a dime and you'll be OK. Actually, skip the gambling.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
kenmore, wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

We had originally planned on staying there for two nights, but decided several days before our arrival that we wanted an extra day, so I called several days prior and changed our reservations to come in a day early. When we got there, our room was not set up for the romance package that I had previously ordered - flowers, champagne, etc. When I went to the front desk to complain, the gal I spoke with made it sound like it was my fault since I changed the original arrival date. She was mean, condescending, and rude! Also, when I requested that they replace the ottoman in our room with one that didn't have gross stains on it, they just moved it out into the hall, where it remained for our viewing pleasure for the duration of our stay.

After we got home, I decided to email the manager to voice my complaint. Long story short, after almost a year of trying to get someone to respond to me, I got the BBB involved to finally get a response from them! But, instead of apologizing, they went on & on about how their customer service is (and was) so great, and that I was the one who showed up unexpectedly, therefore it was AGAIN my fault. aargh!!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Quinault Beach Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!