“Wonderful place, great view and casino!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Hot Summer Savings!
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Wonderful place, great view and casino!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here for the night and it was great! As you walk in you pass the casino opening , it had a slight smoky smell but not as smoky as I had imagined after reading a previous post. You are coming to a casino if you mind smoke a casino isn't the place for you. The view was great and the room was beautiful! I loved the electric fireplace and you can open the window to hear the waves. Our kids were w us. The bummer was we came for crab dinner but you have to be 21 to enter that part of the hotel. The pool closes at 9. Very limited for kids. My dad chose this place for us and paid so we thought we check it out lol. I will definitely stay here again!!!

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Onalaska, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Quinault. Vey vice room, quality amenities, great ocean view & cozy fireplace. The staff bent over backwards to be accommodating and I was able to forget my handicap during our whole visit. I didn't notice excess smoke in the lobby or casino area and found Emily's By The Sea Restaurant to have outstanding food. Love valet service and plan on going there as frequent as possible. I even came home with more than I took...the gaming was fantastic! Ka-ching!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The casino is fun (even though I didn't win) and the restaurant is okay, but the best part of this hotel is the view. The hotel is pretty much on the beach and the view of wide sandy shores and small waves is so relaxing.

There are also fireplaces in the rooms, so the combination of the fireplace and beach view is just what a vacation should be.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your comments! We must agree - there is no better view than the lapping of the waves on the shore! Come back and visit again soon!
Renton, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our last stay at a Resort Casino was at the lovely Northern Quest in Spokane so perhaps we've been spoiled, but the smoke smell in the lobby assaults you as soon as you walk through the doors at the Quinault. If smoke bothers you, read no further and look else where for lodging. The casino area is adjacent to the lobby and we were unable to leave the odor until we reached our third floor room or in the restaurant. We made a quick walk through the casino and did not see any smoke-free gambling area.
We had booked the midweek package of two nights for $149, plus extra for an ocean view room, plus we were going to stay an additional day.
Our room was on the third floor, and I'm hoping they plan renovation there, now that the fourth floor is complete. This would explain the very stained, dirty carpet and lack of maintenance in the room. The bathroom is nice, with two sinks and a stool for the vanity. I see another reviewer mentioned the double soap holders in the tub/shower area. I thought this was a nice touch, making it easier to reach standing or sitting. However, the reviewer was right about the soap, and there are not towel bars or hooks near the sinks to hang your towels. Beware if you are 6 ft tall, my husband hit his head on the curved shower curtain rod, but did appreciate that the shower head was at a good level for him.
There was a gas fireplace in the room, but placed where it is useless. It blocks the view of the ocean from the bed, and since it is located at the foot of the bed, on the floor, you can't even enjoy watching the fire. Removal of the fireplace, or putting it on another wall would much improve the layout.
We cancelled our third night after we found a lovely smoke-free establishment closer to the water.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your candid comments. I'm sorry to hear that the smoke was bothersome. We do have an extensive filtration system that clears the air of the smoke, but during heavy traffic periods, it may be more pervasive than usual. I hope that you enjoyed your visit to Ocean Shores, nonetheless, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had booked a 4th floor Non Ocean view room for Memorial Day weekend. Showed up at the hotel around 3:30 Friday and were told by the valet our room was not ready and check in time was 4:00, I thought that a bit odd since I’m sure the hotel was not very full on the previous night. We took a walk and went back to the front desk at 4 and were told that the 4th floor just reopened after renovation and we would be the first ones up there.

When we got on the elevator there were still notices that the 4th floor was closed. Once we got up there the new carpet smell was apparent, and maintenance people were busy fixing light fixtures and gluing the room numbers on the wall. The room was nice, with new wallpaper, bedding, pillow top mattress, furniture, the tile in the bathroom and double sink granite vanity I believe were also new. 42” flat screen, Keurig Coffee maker, small microwave, and fridge.

There was one thing I found odd about the bathtub/shower. There were 2 soap dishes mounted on the center of the bathtub wall, one at 2 feet and one at about 4 feet. Since they stuck out so far every time I took a shower I would bang my arm/knee against one or both of them. And the odd thing was there was never any bath soap left in the room. We got shower gel and hand soap on the vanity, but no bath soap to go in the strangely positioned soap dishes.

My wife did some sort of body scrub/massage treatment and really liked it. She is a bit of a spa snob, so I believe the spa must be pretty nice.

The smoke in the Casino, front desk, bar was pretty heavy the first day but seemed lighter the other 3 days. Since it is a Casino hotel the restaurant had several good deals, we had the omelet bar for breakfast on Sunday, and it was only $4. I think basically the casino supplements the price of rooms and food. Overall I thought it was a good value, and we will stay there again when we go to Ocean Shores.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your review - and for being one of the first guests to stay in our newly renovated Fourth Floor rooms! We were, indeed, just opening them the day that you arrived, and apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay, and look forward to serving you again soon!
SeaTac, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had a great long weekend at Quinault Resort. Easy beach access, rooms on the 4th floor have been renovated and are very nice. Staff here is amazing and friendly. Machines were a bit tight but probably because of the Memorial Day Weekend. Ocean view rooms are amazing, with large windows to take full advantage of the seascape views! Definitely will go again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor, as the others haven't been done yet. Ask for an ocean view room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, and for being one of the first to experience the newly renovated Fourth Floor! The other two floors will follow in the coming months. Do come back and see us again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My mom and I take a gambling trip every year to a casino. This year, we chose the Quinault.
I had to book a smoking room, that was all that was left, and our room was clean with all the needed amenities.
My only complaint was our room was near the front entrance and it was noisy. When you book, ask to be away from the entrance or book an ocean view.
We go to gamble, so most of our time was in the casino. The only time the cigarette smoke was bothersome to us was Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Crowded casino, more smoke. We run into this no matter which casino we go to.
We received good service from all the staff and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Book an ocean view, worth the extra money if you are looking to relax.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for your review! I would agree with you - do book an ocean room! Not only are they on the quieter side of the hotel, but you get a view that is like no other!

We appreciate your comments, and look forward to serving you again soon.