“Excellent Location, Very Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Ogden, Utah
“Excellent Location, Very Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We found ourselves in Ocean Shores on the eve of the Fourth of July. We thought there would be no chance of getting a room, but we did and it was nice! The rooms are very spacious and sooo clean. Pristine almost. The decor is very dated, but if you like the Golden Girls you will love it. The proximity to the beach is an added bonus. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We did not eat here, but it does have a restaurant. Comfortable beds and rooms. It was expensive, but we were more than happy to pay given the holiday.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

52 year old woman and teen aged daughter stayed mid-week. Nice setting. Uncomfortable old beds. Rooms have plenty of space. Elevators. Beach view rooms. Not terribly impressed with the service. I had come into the lobby before 9pm alone and after a rough day of hiking looking terrible. I interpreted the front desk attendants questions regarding my ability to pay for the room as if she thought I was a newly release convict or fresh off a turnip truck. I did need a bath and bed. That's why I was there. The restaurant breakfast the following morning was nice as well as the service. There was a nice swimming pool and immediate beach access. I gave the Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores 3 stars because I went there to rest and get cleaned up - and felt tired when I left.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SeaTac, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband, my black Lab and I live near Seattle. The days my husband was off work were going to be hot (90 + Degrees) so I made a reservation for this Hotel the night before. We got there and I was very pleasantly surprised. Check-In with Terri was great. She is very professional and friendly ( even gave my dog a treat). The Room was ground floor (great, because of my Puppy) big, clean, 3 TVs (1 in the Bathroom !!!), faux fireplace. (We had a King Suite Deluxe). Next morning went to the Restaurant where Cheryl was our Server. Good food, nice view, nice atmosphere and great service. If I had to say something negative, it would be that the A/C was not working very well. Other than that - we'll be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Gina,
Thank you for your great review that you posted on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you loved your room and enjoyed the restaurant food service. This is a great place to come for relaxing, and for getting out of the heat. We look forward to your next visit. Nikki Hoggan, General Manager
Tumwater, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stay at this hotel once a year for a convention. Each year the hotel is more run down than the previous year. The elevators were slowwwwwwww. The food was just average. The hotel bar closed at 9:00 PM. We were holding a convention here but I guess the hotel didn't care about their evening revenue! The floors carpet and tile need to be replaced. The Shilo Rewards program is limited to only Shilo properties so it has little benefit. The heater/air in our room was broken. Staff told me to use the thermostat on the wall instead of the one on the unit. Still did not work.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jdarnall,
Thank you for your review on your experience here. We appreciate Kudos, but we also appreciate constructive criticism. Your words will be taken to heart and we will use this to make our guests experience better in the future. Nikki Hoggan, General Manager
Yakima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We loved it everyone was so kind and friendly and helpful. Muriel checked us in friendly and fast she was such a doll. We were catered to the staff were so helpful in letting us know where to take the children to have a good time, the children loved it were planning for our next stay, we had a blast.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Familiaroman,
Thank you for letting us know that your experience here was a great one. I will let Muriel know that she was helpful to you. We are so happy that the children loved it here. We look forward to your next visit with us. Nikki Hoggan, General Manager
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great place to stay ,great pool and fish tank and the Restaurant has great food and severs ask for Chris B section and say hi to " Mike ". They let us park are bikes BMW/KTM under cover by the front door out of the weather. Great Veterans discount !!
thanks
WE WILL BE BACK
GS

Room Tip: 423 great sunset
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear GW,
Thank you for your kind review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your thoughts with Chris and Mike to encourage them to keep up the excellent work. We look forward to seeing you again.
Nikki Hoggan, General Manager
Poulsbo, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My friend and I stayed here last weekend. The room was spacious and had a great view of the beach and the ocean. The Decor is shabby and could use an update from the mid eighties color scheme. It is right in the middle of things as far as beach and town activities are concerned.
Positives:
I had an unexpected business issue come up and had to send a large fax. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful with this. (Special kudos to Sarah!)
We had a toilet that was running water a little and it was fixed quickly and effectively when brought to the attention of the hotel staff.
There is a large lounge area where fresh coffee is available in the morning.
The indoor pool is a definite plus.
The sculptures in the lobby are nice.
The Large fish tank is enjoyable.
The lobby also features an unusual collection of large scale model sailing ships.
In fact the lobby is worth a short visit even if you are not staying at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Orcamike,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts about your stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our beautiful lobby, with the ships, sculptures, fresh hot coffee, and the huge aquarium. I will share your Kudos with Sarah.
Nikki Hoggan, General Manager

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores? Share your experiences!