“Delightful weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Wenatchee, WA
“Delightful weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

As a senior couple, we felt well cared for with the safety items in the bathroom; enjoyed each having our own sink. Enjoyed being able to walk to nearby beach as my husband grew up near water & misses it. We would have hired a taxi or carriage to get around a bit more but did not see the opportunity. The coffee down in lobby was delicious & being Norwegian, I would have appreciated it being available all day instead of removed at noon. We enjoyed eating fresh seafood and all local sales people seemed very helpful & friendly. We would make the trip again.

Room Tip: Depending on your mobility ability, be a bit closer to elevator but not right next door either.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Overall I found my stay at the Ocean Shores Shilo Inn to be adequate enough on most counts, but my first impression of the room (which was a nice suite with a king size bed, small balcony and living/dining areas) was marred by the fact that I was there on a working vacation. I work online and specifically asked when booking the room about the free wifi, which I was assured was available. Well, it is, sort of...
After getting my belongings unpacked I set up my laptop and logged in to the internet. Only nothing happened. I checked the connection various times and still nothing. I rebooted my laptop and still nothing. I found this quite odd, since I have stayed at various hotels over the years and have never had any difficulty connecting to the hotel wifi, so I called the front desk. I was informed that maintenance would look into it and get back with me. Eventually someone knocked on my door and I found a maintenance man, who, although was quite polite, was not up-to-date on what it takes to get wifi working in a hotel of this size. I showed him what was happening and after I rebooted my laptop yet again to no avail he suggested I walk down the street to McDonald's and see if I could connect to their wifi. If so, then come back and I should be able to connect with Shilo's wifi.
Connecting to their wifi wasn't the issue. I managed to connect each and every time. The problem was they had too weak a signal in their router to reach my room, which although it had a nice view from being at the end of the hotel overlooking the ocean, was unable to successfully receive a wifi signal sufficient to allow internet logon.
So I walked down to McDonald's and was able to connect to their wifi (no surprise there). I handled my work email, then went back to my room at Shilo where I was not able to connect. Again, no surprise there.
I finally went down to Ace Hardware and purchased a USB adapter in order to beef up the signal strength and use the available wifi.
The room was lovely and spacious, the bed comfy, but the wifi sucked big time. Had I not been able to resolve this issue on my own my stay at Ocean Shores would have been a wasted trip, since I did have to work while there and Shilo Inn's wifi was NOT going to allow me to do my job.
Everyone was polite, but they were not knowledgeable in resolving the issue. Move into the 21st Century, will you, Shilo Inn?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Jacob D,

Dear Jacob,

We are so sorry for your inconvenience when our wifi was not connecting properly with our server, due to an upgrade in our provider's equipment which they did not tell us about. Our staff tried everything they knew for several hours, to no avail. We finally called our Corporate IT person who called our provider and upgraded us so that we are able to receive wifi. It works perfectly now, and we hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with Shilo Inn's Affordable Excellence in the very near future.

Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is by far,one of the best hotels We have stayed at on our 18 day cross country road trip. Beautiful rooms,lobby, resteraunt, beach view and pool. I could not ask for a better place to stay,.Walking distance to the pub and resteraunts and beach and we got up in the morning to watch the deer eating under our balcony. The room was so comfortable, beautiful and spacious it was almost difficult to leave to explore our surroundings. Would love to come back and stay longer.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found the Shilo Inn in Ocean Shores to be a very nice hotel, very reasonable, with amazingly beautiful views from the balcony of our 4th floor room. In addition, the view from the 1st floor restaurant was spectacular. The room was very spacious and clean, and the staff extremely friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view/front. There is a large wilderness area that separates the hotel from...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear RoxieRK,

We certainly love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be reasonably priced with clean guest rooms and friendly staff. Our motto is "Affordable Excellence" and we are glad that you found your experience to be just that. The views from our balconies and restaurant are magnificent and we are happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

calgary alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

These rooms are so clean! They all face the ocean with balconies! Our room had a kitchenette sitting room, bedroom and 3 tv!~ The coolest of the tv's was in the bathroom!~ I get a kick out of it every time we go to this resort! Unfortunately is is so cold and windy in June, that it is hard to do much else

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the ocean side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Decemberborn,

Thank you for sharing you great experience during your stay at Shilo in Ocean Shores. I will share your wonderful comments with our housekeepers. They love hearing that they have done an excellant job in cleaning your room. I'm so happy your stay with us was a good one, and hope to see you again very soon.

Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked a room for the Memorial Day weekend on line a few weeks prior to the weekend. My husband informed me that he also had Tuesday off so we decided to extend the weekend. When you book on line they always use the disclaimer that if you make any changes to the reservation it could change your rate. I decided to modify our reservation and suck up and additional charges. Wow was I pleasantly surprised when yes my rate did change but it went DOWN by $52 a night. This was more than enough for us to cover the additional day.

We arrived at the hotel at 1pm, earlier than the 4pm check in time. Much to our delight they were able to check us in. The computers were down and it was manually done by two women named Sarah. They were very pleasant even though there were a couple of other couples who were making it difficult for them. They kept apologizing for the distractions.

When we got up to our room and opened the door we were surprised to see someone standing at our door on the inside about to come out of the room. She apologized and said she has just finished sanitizing our deck. About that time I would guess it was her supervisor just happened to come by and told her....this is why you always keep the door opened when you are in here cleaning. They both apologized and left.

The room had a lot of room, nice king sized bed that was comfortable with plenty of pillows and two end tables, not just one so we could both put stuff on our side of the bed. Plenty of room in the bathroom, although we needed an extra bath towel every night we stayed there so I had to get it off the housekeeping cart. There was a clothes line over the bathtub that I used to hang my wet swimming suit on so I didn't have to use the shower head. Didn't think I would like the TV in the bathroom but I did. Nice large vanity outside the bathroom also. Enjoyed the refrigerator and microwave. Husband thought the coffee maker was a little small though. He ended up going downstairs to the hospitality room and getting coffee every morning. The wood furniture looked like it had water stains on it but oh well. The electric fireplace...what can I say good thing its just for looks. Wished we could have used the deck and sit on the chairs and enjoy the view from our 4th floor room but it was just too rainy. Room was very clean! Plenty of free parking even with the big weekend.

They have a steam room, sauna and exercise room. I did not use these but would have used the exercise room if it had a treadmill which it did not. Used the hot tub 3 out of the 4 nights I was there. Did not use the pool either but it was rather large. You do have to ask for pool towels at the front desk but they are so tiny and thin its almost why bother giving out towels.

The only complaints I would have about this hotel and this is only me and it would probably not bother anyone else.....the gutter on one end of the desk was completely full of something so with all of the rain it was running over and onto the desk making large splashing noise all weekend long. 90% of the rest of the gutter was cleaned out so it was fine we heard no noise from that. The other is that every time we used the water in the bathroom other than the shower the pipes in the walls would vibrate and make sounds for a couple of seconds. We never mentioned this upon checkout as we had paid up front and didn't have to stop by the front desk except to drop our keys off on the way out.

We have stayed at other places in Ocean Shores and I think we have found a new hotel that we will be staying at from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pacific NW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Spacious rooms, very clean - well-designed, including an extra sink/vanity outside bathroom; terrific mattress/pillows, more in keeping with a higher-end hotel.
Balcony was smallish, but with nice ocean view & breeze.

If you don't want to pay the somewhat steep breakfast prices, it's an easy walk to a couple of coffee shop options; or, buy a few things ahead and use in-room coffee maker.
The bar/restaurant has comfortable tables, sweeping view of ocean and shore area; Pretty nice happy hour offerings. Dinner was excellent - fish cooked just right.

Staff was consistently very pleasant and accommodating at front desk and in the dining room;
When I realized I had left my keys behind, and only found out after many miles away, staff happily helped to track down immediately, and carefully took down information; Housekeeping was contacted, & located keys while I was still on the original phone call! These were mailed to me right away - - along with, to my pleasant surprise, 2 other items I hadn't realized were also left behind. Very classy and considerate.
Good choice for lodging at Ocean Shores.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear NWJumble,

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in our beautiful hotel, and enjoy hearing that our guests appreciate the extra attention to guest service, cleanliness and quality that Shilo is well known for. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Nikki Hoggan

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores? Share your experiences!