“We loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Salem, Utah
“We loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Thanks to everyone else for the great reviews. We booked it and loved it. The hotel is located on the main strip with all the other beach hotels. We checked in and dropped off our things. One bonus, the room had a FAN. That really helped keep the air circulated and let those ocean breezes come through.

The room was clean and the beds were decent. We took off on a walk to the beach. It isn't for faint of heart. We walked through bushes, high grass, and some areas that felt like they weren't on a path to get to the beach. The nice thing about Ocean Shores though is that you can drive right on to the beach. We enjoyed our walk and loved seeing the waves. Somehow we got a sunny day.

When we got back, we went straight to the pool. It was pretty good size and heated. The hot tub was also nice.

The main deal breaker was the breakfast reviews. The breakfast was great. We had oatmeal, sausage eggs, waffles, English muffins, toast, milk ,juice, yogurt. It was quite the spread. I would recommend this hotel for a great beach experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Selah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Comfort Inn in Ocean Shores, WA was disappointing for our weekend. The price was good, but I guess you get what you pay for.

The staff was great and very helpful, but this hotel needs some serious upgrading, including walls and ceilings with some insulation for all that noise. I could even hear the people above when they got onto their bed! If you are a very sound sleeper it might be OK, but not for me..

We did not take advantage of the breakfast, but it looked good, and the beds were pretty good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Malden, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel one night during a recent trip to the Pacific northwest. We ended up with a huge loft room for an unbelievably low price. We never even used the upstairs except to take a picture. Room was clean and well appointed. 3 large screen TVs, view windows, a gas fireplace, frig, microwave, couch, chairs. The frig never got very cold and we didn't see any way to change the temperature. Downstairs king bed was very comfortable. We used the fireplace after the sun went down due to temps in the 50s. There is an easy trail leading out to the beach which is about 1/4 mile away. The hotel had a pool but we didn't use it and we left too early to take advantage of the free breakfast. Check in and out were super fast and easy. The clerk that checked us in was very helpful and made suggestions for places to eat and we were not disappointed. We will definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Upper rooms will give you a better view of the beach
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have been in the hospitality industry for over 20 years, so I know what to look for, & what makes me happy, & what is a good deal. I have stayed here more than 5 times, & plan to make it back whenever I can. Daniel & Larry at the front desk recognize me & call me by name, & even ask about my daughter. They even go so far as to get out the pool towels for her, as they know that the pool is her first destination after check in. Very nice & personal touch that is much appreciated. The breakfast is your usual fare of scrambled eggs, bacon (very thin), waffles, biscuits & gravy, etc. But it is warm/hot, abundant, & the area is always well stocked & clean. The rooms are always comfortable, clean, & without odors, & provide great views of the ocean & the "resident" herd of deer that seem to be there every morning. I recommend this spot highly to all. It is a GREAT spot for families, & provides a good HQ from which you can walk to most everything in the Ocean Shores core area.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the parking lot view rooms. Spending a little bit more for the partial or full ocean vi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hawkins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had been anticipating my trip to Ocean Shores for over a year. Although I used to visit Ocean Shores back in the 90's when I still lived in the area, (used to dig for razor clams), I was amazed at how much this quaint little town had grown. And I cannot tell you how nice all the people were that I interacted with at the Comfort Inn and Suites. They could not have been more hospitable. I stayed there for about 8 days and the staff began to feel like a little family. Helpful, resourceful and very pleasant. What a lucky group of people who get to work with the current GM, I believe it was Larry? I was house hunting and intend to move back to OS from Texas. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and at the last minute, a friend of mine met me and we were able to get him room right away. Great time.. will definitely go back again. I only have one complaint. The hotel owner needs to spend a little money on updating the rooms with better mattresses and pillows. For a dynamite little property, it would take so little to make this a property to brag about. The location is excellent. Just walk over the dune to the beach, watch the deer come right up to your hotel room door(slider). The rooms need to be inspected in regards to the furniture placement. In both my room and my friends room, the furniture was covering the heater vents. Yhe vents had no way to circulate. As a matter of fact, the heater in my room was not working . The reason more than likely, was because the living room type chairs had been pulled up the table in order to plug in one's computer, cell phones, etc. Most people do not think about these thngs, but this is a potential fire hazard. In fact in my friends room, the entire couch had been moved and covered the entire area. The couch was VERY hot... We moved the furniture around so the heaters could work properly. I am sure there have been a lot of heaters that go out and this may be one of the reasons why. Another point I want to make in reference to there quests complaining about having no a/c.. the reason is people like to smell and hear the ocean as they sleep and relax.. I know I did.. I have never slept so good in ly life.. I can't think of a better way to fall asleep than listening to the , Oh, so close waves crash and the oxygen and salty air, WOW, who doesn't like that.!!!! Because of the hospitality of this little town, all the people I met in Ocean Shores were some of the nicest I have met in a long time.. I am looking so forward to coming back and I will be staying with these guys again.... just bring your own pillow...

Room Tip: I like this room because it was on the ground floor and I could walk right out and go straight to th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Spanaway, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our room featured a full panoramic view of the ocean; however, this this hotel is situated a bit further off the beach than some of the other hotels on the ocean strip here. We stayed in Room 311, which was clean & furnished with a king bed & separate sitting area, gas fireplace, microwave, & small frig. The hotel staff were very friendly & courteous & knowledgeable about local restaurants & places to see. We enjoyed a full breakfast bar every morning - eggs, waffles, the works. Extra perks: free newspaper delivered to your door every morning, wifi, a nice exercise room, complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby. Only complaint - no AC. There is a ceiling fan above the bed, but the room got very warm during the day.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms offer best view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dime Box, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had a nice stay after a drive from Portland. Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a suite for being a Choice Gold member. Nice perk. The hotel was in a convenient location to the beach. Pay extra and book an ocean view.

No complaints but we are fairly easy going. Very friendly staff. I would return to this hotel.

Prices in April at $62 before taxes.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple