“Just Right!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Just Right!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What a great little hotel! We have found our home away from home here and will be back for years to come!

The staff was great, got our room key's super fast and we were on our way. The room was just right for 2 adults and 2 kids. The beds/pillows were comfortable. The room was very clean and didn't smell funny. Carpets didn't make your socks black and walking barefoot didn't feel gross. Bathroom was simple but clean. We had a little mini fridge and we could see the ocean from our beds (even though it's far away). It has a clean, small pool that worked great for a 8 and 5 year old for hours.

At night the place is quiet and we were able to sleep soundly.

For a little hotel I wasn't expecting anything great for their free breakfast. My past experiences with free hotel breakfast weren't great, but this one blew my mind! There was so much to choose from, waffles, bagels, muffins, jellies, cream cheese, coffee and assorted creamers, juices (apple, orange), fresh fruit, danishes, cereal, yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon (I'm sure I'm missing something) something for everyone, even for the pickiest of eaters!!! All brand names and good looking produce. Not a day did we go hungry.

One of the male owners (I assume) is always out and doing rounds to be sure the place is clean and in working order.

They even have a little putt putt course that kids loved doing after breakfast.

Just a great little place!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Will stay here again. It was clean and quiet and I thought it was cool that they had a little putt putt golf that is included in your stay. Friendly customer service and the breakfast was good........

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was just ok, nothing to write home about. Clean rooms. The beds seemed really hard, but were ok. Breakfast was good. Biggest disappointment was the pool. It was very cold. Need to turn the heat up some!! Staff were nice people. Just average hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Post Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Perfect holiday! The staff here are very personable & helpful! Can't say enough about how great they were to us! We planned a stay with our Grandsons and had a great time. Rooms were spotless and updated (new carpet was nice!) & beds very comfortable. The pool was perfect temp for us as well as the hot tub. The G-son's (and me too) loved the waffles and breakfast provided. I like the fact that this is a "no pet" hotel. Allergies are an issue for us and pet hair are a "pet" peeve! Top floor has a great view/balcony and the dunes have trails to get to the beach or you can walk/drive to it just around the corner. We will be back here this summer for another great time!!

Room Tip: Top floor beach side has a great view and balcony. Dune trails: with the rain, some trails have stan...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Yelm, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

I came for an overnight just to rejuvenate myself from everyday life. The front desk staff was kind and friendly. My room was clean and I loved the balcony room to sit and look at the ocean. It was very quiet while I was there. They were in the process of replacing carpets but this had no effect on my stay. Its nice to see they are keeping themselves updated. I did not have breakfast or use any of the other options available. The policies were very clear when I checked in as to what I could and could not do. I appreciated the time away.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Freeland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

The friendly front staff suggested we ask for the AARP rate which was better than booking.com. The hot tub felt so good after several hours in the car. Pool was too cold to enjoy, probably in high 70's. Variety of choices for breakfast, although scrambled eggs were somewhat dried out from sitting in warming tray. Seattle Times in the morning was an appreciated extra. They have a small miniature golf course. Bed very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

I stayed for one night in march for a convention although conveniently located directly across the street from the convention center the service I received was absolutely horrible I have to service dogs that are registered with the ATA that we're not allowed into the hotel even though I had all of the paperwork readily available and the dogs were clearly marked they still refuse them after a long conversation and contact with the headquarters they finally allowed them to stay for one night the next morning went into the room to get some breakfast and those signs were clearly posted I did not see them had no shoes on was asked to go put shoes on so as I was getting food to bring it up to the room was been targeted again by the manager and said no food was allowed in the room but you could go get food from outside and bring it into the room I will never stay in this hotel again and I don't recommend it for anybody who has special needs even though they're clearly marked as service animals very very displeased with the hospitality that this hotel provided I have been in tears all morning long and just want to leave

• Stayed March 2015
hoas, General Manager at Quality Inn - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, March 17, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,
I’m sorry you feel you did not receive great customer service on your stay with us. Considering the circumstances, I believe we tried to accommodate you in the best possible way. We gladly provide accommodations for service animals. At the time of your arrival, your two service animals were not with you, so the guest service agent asked what task they perform for you and your son. By ADA regulations the agent is allowed to ask: Does the animal provide a service for a disability and what tasks is the animal trained to perform? I’m sorry that you feel she was wrong to ask these ADA permitted questions. The paperwork you provided was not a valid certification from an approved ADA source, nevertheless I still allowed you and your family to stay.
Later that evening my Guest Service Agent called me and said that a mother with a small child complained about loud barking coming from your room. Her child was terrified by the loud disruptive barking. I advised her to go check. She went to the room and found that the dogs were there alone, barking loudly. Our concern is always for the safety of our guests. We do have the right to refuse service to any guest or ask any guest to leave if we feel there is a concern for the safety of other guests. Because of the large conference and other local activities in Ocean Shores that night, there was no other accommodations available for you and your family, so out of courtesy I allowed you to stay. I apologize if you still felt this was bad customer service. We are always committed to give all our guests the best accommodations and customer service.
Shoes at breakfast are a requirement from the health department for the safety of the guest. However, the hotel policy requesting guests not to take BREAKFAST items to the rooms is in place for a reason: breakfast items such as egg yolks, syrup, jelly, cream cheese, muffins, cereal hot or cold, etc., somehow end up on the carpet and then it becomes very hard for the housekeepers to clean in the time they have. We offer courtesy early check-ins, but extended time is needed to clean breakfast foods out of the carpets and sometimes requires us to shampoo the carpet causing further delays. I hope you will understand this policy benefits all guests and allows us to always maintain and provide clean, comfortable accommodations.

Gurbans Bains
GM

Been to Quality Inn - Ocean Shores? Share your experiences!