“They say smell of Chlorine is normal” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Lakewood, Washington
“They say smell of Chlorine is normal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The reviews are misleading. This hotel is way overpriced for what you get. You get two bath towels in a King-size Deluxe suite, the showers have no water pressure and they add a water softener so you never feel clean no matter what. The pool area has such strong chemicals you can smell them on the 3rd flr. Don't try getting in the pool, the chemicals burn the heck out of your eyes and nose. I was told this is "normal" and the hotel has passed its inspections. Parking onsite isn't great and neither is breakfast. I told the receptionist we wouldn't come back and she said cheerfully, "ok!" Alrighty then.

Room Tip: I talked to the manager and she said my expectations are too high.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Olympia, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very clean with close proximity to everything in town. Friendly staff. Nice view from our small deck. I'd recommend the view rooms. Quite a distance to the ocean beach but a path leads out to it. Good value hotel.

Room Tip: Get a view room. Second floor rooms much better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting family in town. Perfect for what we needed. The room was clean, bed comfortable. The pillows were the only thing we didn't like. Luckily I always travel with my own. We did not request an ocean view. The lady at the front desk (and really all the staff) was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was very good, but the breakfast area was quite crowded. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Front Desk staff was friendly and excellent, even suggesting a room over the pool so we wouldn't have to worry abouot the kids making too much noise. We were greeted by all the staff in a very friendly and welcoming manner, even by the cleaning crew

The breakfast was great, real bacon and make your own fresh waffles. The only drawback I would mention is the pool is small, but that's all we needed and we were often in the pool alone (we did a midweek stay). The beach is a bit of a walk but then again it was very easy to drive directly onto the beach (access nearby).

Room Tip: Was well worth it to pay extra for a view room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and had a great experience. Lady at check-in was fantastic (even recommended IGA as a place to get superior postcards), and showed us to our room on the first floor. I opted for a jacuzzi rather than an ocean view, forgetting I get bored of hot tubs like 30 seconds after I fill it up and sit down. For that reason, I'd recommend getting an ocean view instead.

Surprisingly, despite being on the first floor, the hotel was really quiet at night! I even slept with the screen door and window open to hear the ocean all night.

The path to the beach is through some sand dunes, and not immediately behind the property, so be aware of a 5-10 min walk depending on how good you are navigating in flip flops. Beach has vehicle access too, and horses, and is quite busy!

Room was huge, with a microwave and mini fridge. Bed was actually really comfortable, which is rare in hotels in general. Slept through the breakfast/opted for McDonalds on my balcony, so I can't comment on it. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and stay here again if I'm ever back in Ocean Shores.

Room Tip: Go with an ocean view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently stayed in Ocean Shores at the Quality Inn on a cross-country motorcycle vacation. I tend to like the Choice Hotels anyway and usually look for one of them when I need a motel. This one did not disappoint. It is obviously an older property but it is very well maintained and it's clean. I got a large room on the third floor with a balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The room was very nice and it was fresh and clean. The two queen-size beds had four pillows each and the bed linens were clean and crisp. The only minor problem was the shower curtain. The rod was loose and the desk clerk was very appreciative that I reported it at checkout. The complimentary breakfast was predictable but good and I was completely satisfied with all aspects of my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The check in staff were excellent - when we saw where we were located we asked if we would be able to upgrade from a non-view room to a view room and this was pleasantly and reasonably accommodated. We were able to see and hear the ocean waves from our room and there was a convenient path to walk down to the beach. The hotel itself was clean with a pleasing lobby and our room was spacious and clean. The bed was the best we encountered in our two week road trip down the Washington/Oregon coast. The complimentary breakfast was very good and there was adequate seating for everybody. The Manager made it a priority to come and say good morning to us and asked how our stay was. This was appreciated. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others. They deliver what they promise.

Room Tip: Definitely worth it to pay the extra for the upper floor room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn - Ocean Shores? Share your experiences!