“BBQ! I'm There!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert
Description: We have much more room on the inside than it appears from the outside. Plenty of room for large groups and we are able to serve you quickly. We pride ourselves on great food, friendly service and a sparkling clean restaurant. Real southern BBQ made by real Texans.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“BBQ! I'm There!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love BBQ! So where ever I go, I always look for a BBQ place. I've been to a number of BBQ places in the Salt Lake City area and they sometimes tend to taste like each other. The Joint had a very good southern taste and so tender was the meat. The ribs were delicious and the meat fell right off the bone. One literally did fall on the floor. Man it looked so good that I was tempted to still eat it off the floor, but I didn't. (Really, I didn't). I had the three meat plate, ribs, chicken and sausage with 2 sides, beans & potato salad. The beans, ehh..were so so, but the rest was great! So dig in when you there!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We truly appreciate the 5 star review. It means so much to a family business. If you should happen to drop a rib next time, we will give you another one:-) Thank you.

North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Amazing BBQ in Pacific northwest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Just being a tourist, I discovered this little gem. Great food, atmosphere and of course SWEET TEA.

Btw, I'm from South Carolina and I know bbq .

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We are so glad you came in. We really appreciate the good review. We love when folks that know BBQ like us. Thanks again.
“Amazing food!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love BBQ and this restaurant is fantastic! All varieties of bbq (ribs, brisket, pulled pork, chopped beef and 2 varieties of sausage) all deserve 2 thumbs up. The women behind the counter are very friendly and make you feel like they are happy you are there. Open, bright and clean atmosphere and a great place to use for catering. Make sure to get some sweet tea!

• Visited December 2012
BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We want to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. We really are happy when you come in, and want you to be happy when you leave. Thank you.
Tumwater, WA
“yummy in the tummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I always check trip advisor for places to eat when going out of town...I talked my hubby into stopping here as it wasn't very far from our motel...boy am I glad I did.....very delicious and filling...we shared a rack of ribs and we each got two sides...so good I couldn't eat all of mine...very meaty and good..I lovely lady and sweet young man who were working were very nice,..
I was born in Georgia and now live here in WA I will tell anyone going to Whidbey Island and Oak Harbor that they must try this resturant.

• Visited January 2013
BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you very much for the five star review. We are so happy you enjoyed our Memphis Ribs. It means a lot to us to hear from you. Come back soon.
Washington State
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

When traveling to Oak Harbor, this is a must do. I have never had such good BBQ. You have to try the corn muffins!

Visited November 2012
BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We really appreciate your review. Good reviews are everything to family owned restaurants like ours. Our Homemade Honey Cornbread is our recipe made from scratch, delighted you loved them. Thank you.