“fair place to stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Oak Harbor B&B and Inns
Hanford, California, United States
“fair place to stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Checked in and when I got to the room I found there was a short in the cord on two different lamps. The shower had very low pressure and had to stand right under the shower head just to shower. The second day I started having trouble with the internet and called the front desk and the clerk said "well I have internet here I dont know what to tell you." I had to put a pillow between the wall and the headboard because everytime I moved the headboard would bang on the wall. overall I think knowing the problems I had I would have stayed elsewhere.

Room Tip: I had room 111 so get a different room if possible maybe others are better
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was the perfect place to stay. Very close to everything you would need. The staff there are extremely helpful and genuinely nice. So affordable. Just compare the prices and you will see. Zayne is the manager there and she is fantastic! Willing to go above and beyond what needs to be done to keep her customers happy!

Room Tip: Call Zayne and tell her concerns and she will help you!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed here with a friend in a twin room during Whidbey Island Race Week in 2011.

From the outside it looks a bit run-down. Maybe it is showing its age a bit, but for only 6o dollars a night or so, it did everything we needed it to: it was clean, secure and spacious, and it got us going with a light breakfast.

This is not fancy in any way, but next July I will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Concord, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Went out of town for work. Stayed in the hotel for two nights which was very comfortable. Rooms were nice and clean and the beds were comfy as well. The remainder of the trip was spent living in the mobile units located behind the hotel. The unit was clean and homey and the rates were excellent. Both my roommate and I felt very safe especially for two women staying alone. The staff was awesome and every request we made was fulfilled. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and I will most definitely be returning there even for a vacation. Thanks to Zane, Linda, Bob and all the staff, we really enjoyed ourselves even though we were there for work.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel was really nice, but stayed longer in the mobil park behind the hotel, had all the comforts of home, price was excellent, covieniant to work in anacortes, very clean and quiet. the service was great. What ever we didnt have Ms zane took care of it before we got home. We will defintely go back there again. Not to mention we had a beautiful view of deception pass every morning going in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed at the Auld Holland Inn for a week in September 2011. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Always available to help when needed. I knew beforehand that the hotel was not your upscale modern contemperary type and that was in my opinion a good thing. The room had the feel of a home with some furnishings that I would expect to see in a house. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to get a warm and home based atmosphere and a one-on-one with management .... the price was affordable also.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I spend three nights at the Auld Holland Inn booked on the www.
Since our travels take us rarely into the US I am not entirely sure what to expect for U$ 79. In one of the comments I read " "you get what you pay for". As far as our room was concerned - we picked the slightly more expensive non- smoking room - I tend to go along with that assessment. I suppose it's all relative and depends on what your expectations are. "Old world charm" aside, frayed comforters, burned out light bulbs and make-up stains on the pillow case is not what one relishes. The beds were comfortable enough - I never could get used to the blanket/bed sheet bedding - but I did appreciated the three pillows, each being of different density for added individual comfort. The heater/air conditioner (a sore point in a lot of more modern hotels) worked like a charm, once I established the desired setting.
A lot of ink has been wasted in the mention of the "Antiques, handpicked by the owner". Not that we cared one way or the other, but our furniture/art work was just plain old and more of the swap shop variety.
The most irritating thing however had to be the fact, that the single wash facility was situated inside the room, not allowing for any privacy at all.
Although not advertised, there was a small continental breakfast included which served oatmeal, orange juice, hardboiled eggs, some danish and coffee or tea in the main reception area which indeed is very quaint.
The service was friendly throughout and since my wife and I spent most of the daytime sightseeing our stay overall turned out to be comfortable.

Room Tip: pick an upper room ! since it is an older Hotel/Motel (wood-frame construction) the "creeking&q...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Auld Holland Inn? Share your experiences!