“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Harbor
Houston Texas
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was leary of staying in an independant hotel, but after reading previous reviews, I felt it was a safe bet and it was. The other hotels in the area looked a bit iffy. Its not a "new" or a chain but very comfortable. Staff was very friendly. We stayed for 4 days and would recommend it to others and would come back. It was the perfect place to stay to get to the farry's to the San Juan Islands. Only thing is the roads leading in and out of town are not lit and very very curvy and at night there is sometimes fog or rain making it difficult to drive an unknown road at night.

We ate the free continental breakfast each morning and it was acceptable as free breakfasts go (coffee/Tea/cereal/oatmeal/toast/donuts/bagels). There are not a lot of options for dining in town.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We reserved here with anxiety not sure which reviews to believe but were very happy with the accomodations. The hotel was very clean and up to date. Room was like any hotel room basically but with a few upgrades - crown moulding and really cool faucets. The continental breakfast was pretty good too. Hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, cereals, juice, english muffins, various muffins, peanut butter, coffee and apples. There was plenty to satisfy a simple appetite.
We did not use the spa area, but many people were there enjoying the pool and hot tubs.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This was a pleasure trip. My girlfriend lives here in Oak Harbor, WA. I came to visit her and she showed me Oak Harbor and all of the island. We went on a Ferry Ride to PortTownsend, Wa. Such a cute town! We also visited Seattle, Wa. Was a great visit!!

My room had one large bed and a sofa, table and chair. Very clean. Nice staff and a delicious breakfast at the office. I brought my breakfast back to my room to eat it. I slept so good. So beautiful to look out at the trees! It was a very comfortable room. I know older persons would like the room with the pretty view. I had a downstairs room. Very easy to get into and out and close to the office. Families might need a larger room.

Room Tip: If you are bringing your breakfast back to your room--get a room close to the office.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is a great hotel on Whidby Island. This is the 3rd time we've stayed here. The room is always clean and always has great features. One had 2 TV's, another had a kitchenette. The beds are comfortable. The free breakfast is average. Locations is good with restaurants with-in walking distance. The location also seems safe and quiet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Puget Sound, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Room was fine, clean and with a useful kitchenette. But the internet didn't work, and the older woman working at the front desk really seemed bothered by my inquiring about it. In the morning, the desk person gave us a small deduction on our room rate for our trouble. But if you need internet access, I wouldn't recommend that you stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Our room was quiet, clean and tidey and the queen bed was very comfortable. The bathroom, shower etc. was in excellent condition and very clean. All the staff were very pleasant and helpfull. I thought the larger screen television was just the right size for the room and the reception was good. Although we did not use the pool we did use both jacuzzies and found them quite hot and very relaxing. The continental breakfast was a very nice extra and some times was so busy that some guest took their breakfast back to their rooms. Their location is also close to many good resterauns and tourist locations.The only draw back I found was with the high speed internet. I work for my self and often need to keep in touch with my telephone answering system and my customers. sometimes my internet phone was very choppy and when I questioned my customer service department they told me the internet speed at my location may have been too slow, possibly because of high usage. I was still able to communicate with my customers and company.
Last but not least I found the room rates very reasonable, and taking everthing into consideration We would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Nice atmosphere and reasonble rates.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Coulee City, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Room was more than we expected for the price quoted. We enjoyed our kitchenette and extra room with a king. There was room to gather and watch a movie in the main area. Nice breakfast. The friendly staff catered to our every need and was most appreciated. We will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: We had the King Room, two queens and a king.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Coachman Inn? Share your experiences!