“"Creative" billing makes me wary” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 76 Restaurants in Oak Harbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Freeland, Washington
“"Creative" billing makes me wary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Three of us tried this restaurant for the 1st time today on the recommendation of another friend. The chips were hot but not homemade, salsa good and the items ordered from the lunch menu were generous and tasty - enchilada + taco and super burrito vegetarian style. My husband ordered a large Negro Modelo on tap, listed price on the menu of $5.99. What we did not expect was to be charged $4.00 more for the tap beer and $1.50 more for the burrito than the listed menu price. When we questioned the waiter, he took the bill away and had it adjusted. It was corrected somewhat but still overpriced by $1.00, so he again took the bill and had it adjusted a 2nd time. Now I know that most people may not have even noticed the overcharge the 1st time, and one would certanly think that the 2nd time it would be correct, but that was not the case. I don't know if this is common practice here, but I will not return. The food was OK but I think overcharging 2 times is quite unethical. I wonder how often this happens here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“excellent chili rellanos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you are a chili rellano lover this is the place for you. The chili used is the traditional fresh poblano pepper stuffed with cheese and the sauce is delicious. Salsas are good !( both hot & mild as well as pico de gallo were offered). Prices are fair, and portions are large.. would definitely recommend.

• Visited January 2013