“Micro Roaster is the first thing you see walking in the door!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 74 restaurants in Oak Harbor
Cuisines: American
“Micro Roaster is the first thing you see walking in the door!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I just ordered a cup of brewed coffee here. It was good! A refreshing change from Starbucks. I really appreciated that as a paying customer I could sample each of the roasts they had brewed (there were 6) before making a decision. That is much nicer than just going off of a description! Also, no matter what size brewed coffee you want, it only costs $1.50! They had all sorts of whole bean coffee for purchase too and it all seemed reasonably priced.

Visited July 2013

100% Recommend
“Great coffee, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went looking for a local coffee shop and found this neat little place off the beaten path. Location was not the greatest being in a small strip mall behind Walmart but the coffee made up for it. So good we came back for seconds the next day on our way back through town. They are a micro-roaster with a wide assortment of beans and roasts. The staff was ridiculously knowledgeable in their product and not just there to sling espresso. Friendly and helpful with recommendations on what to try and buy...I'll go back if I'm in town again!

Los Angeles, California
“Local roast, local brewing...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I'm bored with Starbucks' sameness, but will admit, on average, they do a pretty consistent job of serving decent-to-good coffee. I'm an espresso fan, and as much as I love independent coffee houses, I usually end up throwing my orders away because they're too bitter. Someone said that "...espresso should taste like freshly roasted coffee smells." Turns out, that's easier to say than to do and explains why most people battle bitterness by dumping a ton of sugar and milk into their drinks. Not so for Honeymoon Bay (knock on wood). I've been over a dozen times and will keep coming back. They even roast their own beans, so prepare for a sensory treat when you walk in the door. It's a funky local experience and their free Wi-Fi is blazingly fast (18 mbs the last time I was there; Starbucks is usually around 1.2 mbs). The owner/roaster obviously cares about his craft and the staff is friendly. Lots of choices. I'm told that they started out wholesale-only, supplying restaurants, etc., , however, their taste got so popular that they now serve retail at the store. I have friends who drive all the way from Seattle just to restock their supply of Honeymoon beans. If I were to wish for something, it would be for later hours, regular local entertainment (poetry readings, music, whatever), and some restructuring of the seating to promote easier socializing. They're tucked out of sight, just a block northeast of Walmart. Worth the effort.

• Visited January 2012