“no thanks” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Seattle, Washington
“no thanks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Wed 7/3/13 2pm: Sweet Rice Thai cuisine/Oak Harbor WA: Our lunch didn’t deserve a rating but we felt obligated to write something. Their price is reasonable compare to others in the area like Valle Azul family or Kyoto sushi & grill. We were very surprised that restaurants in Oak Harbor are priced much higher than Seattle.
• Pad Thai – tasted all vinegary instead of lime/lemon zing - 0 star.
• Vegetable delight – not much seasoning except to the soy sauce flavoring, what happened to the spices and garlic? - 0 star.
We stopped here, and pack all to go, not coming back for sure – 1 star.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Anacortes, Washington
“The Best Thai Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We absolutely LOVE Sweet Rice! OMG the Tom Ka (Sp?) soup is fantastic! The staff are more like family than servers. They have a full bar and room to spread out if you have a group. This is authentic Thai food and they always will substitute and accommodate if asked. I like cashews in my fried rice even though it is not part of the dish. They always go above and beyond in every way. Careful with the hotness selection, as they will ask you how many "stars" you want. I usually go with 2 stars which gives the food a little heat without setting your mouth on fire, but if you want it hot, they'll make it hot for you. We think Sweet Rice has the best Thai around.

Visited June 2013
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Average restaurant!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a pretty average place. The food is good, but not great. The prices aren't outrageous. The service is pretty good, and it's clean. Nothing remarkably positive or remarkably negative.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Oak Harbor, Washington
“Surprisingly delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been here several times, previously my visits have been unremarkable: decent food, good service, and a clean restaurant. However, after a long hiatus I went back. I don't know what they changed, if anything, but my food this time was great! I had the daily special of Mango Salmon Salad; it was tangy, spicy, fresh and vibrant. I was served a large portion of salmon, cooked to perfection, moist and flavorful, on top of a bed of red and green bell pepper, carrot, Thai basil, cilantro, and romaine with a tangy, sweet lime vinaigrette. My husband had the green curry which was also lovely. On top of the really delicious food our server was very attentive and prompt. Overall, a great experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“"I'll Have Some Of That!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Took the family, Step-daughter, her Hubby (Navy Pilot), Grandson Trenton, and Grandaughter Elaina "B", and can't forget wife, Jen. Now the place was really clean. And I love a place with clean bathrooms. They were clean. I can't remember the dish I ordered but our waiter Josh recommended it and I liked it. It had chicken, peppers, veggies, mushrooms and you can pick the hotness from 1 thru 4. My wife had an orange chicken dish, and I tried some of hers. Good taste. My step-daughter (Queli) had a Thai dish of chicken, noodles and bean sprouts, so I reached over and said, "I'll have some of that!". (She lets me cause she loves me, and I was buying dinner). My son-in-law (Robbie) had a Thai pepper steak and of course I had some of that. The grandkids had a chicken fried rice but they were'nt so sharing so I had to sneak in and grab a bite full. All good! I would highly recommend this place

• Visited February 2013