“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acorn Motor Inn

You added Acorn Motor Inn to your Saves list
Acorn Motor Inn
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   31530 State Route 20, Oak Harbor, Whidbey Island, WA 98277   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Oak Harbor B&B and Inns
Poulsbo, Washington
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise! Furnished in Antique style furnishings, it was a beautiful room. The room was very clean and the bathroom was modern. It is a older hotel but has been remodeled and very nice. The continental breakfast was simple, coffee, tea, juice muffins and bagels but adequate fro the price. this hotel was an ecellent value and the manager was very kind and helful. It is near many things so you can walk if you need to. Starbucks, graocery store, restaurant all near by along with a Walgreens directly across the street. Free HBO allowed us to watch movies in the room and just relax. Definately will stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Friday Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was a find I just stumbled upon. Acorn is a older motor hotel however it has been newly remodeled... No smell of rancid smoke, no threadbare sheets, no stains all over the carpet and at a price equal to those dives. The owner is helpful and accommodating and the room comfortable.

No pool or excercise room but hey! They will take pets!

I will be making this a regular stop on my travels to Oak Harbor.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing away from the Main Street is quietest.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I saw the hotel on hotel.com then called to see if i can get a better rate. He quoted me slightly higher and he said it was impossible hotel.com was offering that rate. ???? I booked it with him since he was insisting to book with him. I called hotel.com and they said everything you see is true. I asked him when i checked in then he started to look at me with a rude face and a high tone voice denying. we just left it at that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am even upset to even see the name of this place. Long story short, we checked in (not so friendly but wasn't expecting anything). We were really sick the next day, so I called to see if we can request for a later check out. All I said was " Is it possible to get a later check out today?" Then the owner started to scream saying we need to come down right now and start screaming so loud that my friend could over hear everything what he was saying. We packed up very quickly then went down, and he started to scream again!! saying I will charge you. We said we had no problem paying for the room if we could stay bit later but why he needs to start screaming at customers. Its not like we were being difficult, but simply asked a question. Then he keep saying, I will charge you 50%, then we asked him to stop screaming and he said NO YOU PAY FULL PRICE NOW!! and charged my credit card.

I have traveled around a lot of places - city, remote places, camps etc.. but WOW never had anyone screaming at my face for no reason.

I will NEVER EVER stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Upon entering, I felt at ease. Nice decor and welcoming. Excited to be on a date with my husband, far from Seattle, I felt we were given special treatment. We were upgraded to a king sized room at no extra charge. The room was gorgeous! The furniture was beautiful. The TV was huge. It was clean, cozy and inviting. I would have been happy just staying in and curling up on the love seat for movie night, but we had plans in Oak Harbor. A simple continental breakfast of toasted bagel and coffee was an added bonus. I could not have been more pleased with our experience. One of our best date nights ever.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel directly, you can skip the on line service charge. As if the price isn't a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Acorn Inn was the last stop on our journey through the San Juan Islands and my only wish was that we had stayed there the entire trip. The price was the most reasonable of the hotels we stayed at, yet it was the nicest and cleanest. The hotel offers ample parking, morning coffee and pastries, and is conveniently located near local restaurants and tourist attractions. I am looking forward to returning to Oak Harbor and the Acorn Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
La Center, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a newly re-modeled motel. Room was very spacious and clean,with some very nice unique furnishings. Smaller motel, clean, and quiet during the day and night. Wi-fi worked great, and 68 channels of T.V. to choose from. There is a great seafood place, Seabolts, a 1 block walk from the motel, that I would highly recommend, with moderate prices. We came here on business, and will definitely come back on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
The Coachman Inn
The Coachman Inn
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor
4.0 of 5 stars 190 reviews

Been to Acorn Motor Inn? Share your experiences!