“Why so Rude and Lie?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Oak Harbor B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Why so Rude and Lie?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I saw the hotel on hotel.com then called to see if i can get a better rate. He quoted me slightly higher and he said it was impossible hotel.com was offering that rate. ???? I booked it with him since he was insisting to book with him. I called hotel.com and they said everything you see is true. I asked him when i checked in then he started to look at me with a rude face and a high tone voice denying. we just left it at that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am even upset to even see the name of this place. Long story short, we checked in (not so friendly but wasn't expecting anything). We were really sick the next day, so I called to see if we can request for a later check out. All I said was " Is it possible to get a later check out today?" Then the owner started to scream saying we need to come down right now and start screaming so loud that my friend could over hear everything what he was saying. We packed up very quickly then went down, and he started to scream again!! saying I will charge you. We said we had no problem paying for the room if we could stay bit later but why he needs to start screaming at customers. Its not like we were being difficult, but simply asked a question. Then he keep saying, I will charge you 50%, then we asked him to stop screaming and he said NO YOU PAY FULL PRICE NOW!! and charged my credit card.

I have traveled around a lot of places - city, remote places, camps etc.. but WOW never had anyone screaming at my face for no reason.

I will NEVER EVER stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Upon entering, I felt at ease. Nice decor and welcoming. Excited to be on a date with my husband, far from Seattle, I felt we were given special treatment. We were upgraded to a king sized room at no extra charge. The room was gorgeous! The furniture was beautiful. The TV was huge. It was clean, cozy and inviting. I would have been happy just staying in and curling up on the love seat for movie night, but we had plans in Oak Harbor. A simple continental breakfast of toasted bagel and coffee was an added bonus. I could not have been more pleased with our experience. One of our best date nights ever.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel directly, you can skip the on line service charge. As if the price isn't a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Acorn Inn was the last stop on our journey through the San Juan Islands and my only wish was that we had stayed there the entire trip. The price was the most reasonable of the hotels we stayed at, yet it was the nicest and cleanest. The hotel offers ample parking, morning coffee and pastries, and is conveniently located near local restaurants and tourist attractions. I am looking forward to returning to Oak Harbor and the Acorn Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
La Center, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a newly re-modeled motel. Room was very spacious and clean,with some very nice unique furnishings. Smaller motel, clean, and quiet during the day and night. Wi-fi worked great, and 68 channels of T.V. to choose from. There is a great seafood place, Seabolts, a 1 block walk from the motel, that I would highly recommend, with moderate prices. We came here on business, and will definitely come back on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SEQUIM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Like another recent reviewer, I can't understand why some folks are knocking this fantastic Inn. There is absolutely no other place in Oak Harbor where you can stay in a beautiful room with two queen size beds for $59. The closest price for similar accommodations was over $100 per night in Oak Harbor. I read the reviews that said the manager, Gary Wing, made some comments about preferring customers to book direct with the Inn instead of using a booking service (which by the way can take 8.5%-20% of the price of the room). For $59, I wanted to make sure they got the entire amount of the money, so they can keep the prices low!!! There was no problem with reserving the room by phone - we got exactly what we requested. Keep in mind that they have recently spent about $1 million refurbishing this place (I stayed there many years ago before the renovation and it was very "dated" back then). Like another reviewer said, "don't judge a book by its cover". It doesn't look like much from the outside because all their money for renovation went into their rooms. For example, our room (#219) had a completely tiled shower/bath, solid wood headboards on the beds, extremely comfortable "living room" type chairs (best we have ever had in a hotel); solid wood dresser drawer (with tongue and groove joints on the drawers), flat screen TV, comfortable beds, etc., etc., etc. The only "knock" on the place is that the room appears very small because the large and high quality furnishings!! Nevertheless, the room is extremely comfortable. The continental breakfast is very limited, but the muffins are huge! Keep in mind, folks, we're talking rates of $59-$69 for all this!! Make your reservation by calling Gary at the Acorn Inn instead of booking on-line. You'll help all future visitors to this outstanding property enjoy excellent accommodations at an extremely good price!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Congress, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My daughter and I were extremely tired by the time we got to Whidbey Island so we appreciated a first floor room that was clean, pleasant, comfortable, and had free Hi-Speed Internet. It was well placed to local stores and as with everything on Whidbey Island, close to sightseeing. The breakfast was adequate. Certainly for the price, it was an excellent choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Acorn Motor Inn? Share your experiences!