“Try the Food, It's Delish!” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #3 of 70 restaurants in Oak Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Gilbert, Arizona
“Try the Food, It's Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had the sampler & chips. I never knew fried fish could taste so good! The "samples" I got were cod, salmon, and halibut. From that day on, every piece of fried fish I eat will be compared to this one: was it as good as the fried fish at Seabolts?

I substituted a salad for the chips and was impressed that the salad wasn't iceberg based, which I very much appreciated since I prefer the greener, leafier varieties of lettuce.

Visited October 2013

87% Recommend
Whidbey Island
“The best Clam Chowder that I have ever tasted!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We decided to give Seabolt's a try one day for lunch. When we arrived we discovered that the cafe was almost full. We were happy to have the hostess find us a table quickly, we thought that we would be waiting. The inside is very different than any Deli-Cafe that we have visited. There are cold cases around the room with all manner of seafood inside for sale. A person could stop in a buy Salmon, crab, mussels and many other types of seafood, take it home and cook it up themselves.
I ordered a salmon sandwich on a good deli roll, and the Clam Chowder. I am always trying clam chider, and this one was outstanding, excellent flavor and consistency. The chowder have a some bacon in it, wow, bacon in clam chider, I never would have thought of that. I told the waitress how much I enjoyed it and wished that I had ordered a bowl for lunch instead of a cup to go with my sandwich. Seabolt's also has a fish smoking business adjoining the cafe. Fisherman can bring their catch, there is a minimum weight, leave it and pick up fabulous smoked salmon, or whatever.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I visited this place on my visit to Whidbey Island, Oak Harbor in the recommendation of the hotel owner. I would definitely return. The best mussels and calamari I've eaten. Freshness of the seafood was evident. Great price and food. Obviously the locals all know it. Come in your jeans and enjoy the high quality of food!!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Fresh seafood, friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This smokehouse/ fish market has a café area and great menu choices. We had crabcakes and fried prawns. Both were fresh and delicious; one of the best crabcakes ever. This is up the hill a bit from the old town shopping and seems to have a loyal local clientele. The employees were all friendly and helpful and we had a wonderful lunch here.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Balmorhea, Texas
“Fresh fish atmosphere with good food ample portions and friendly helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The clam chowder was the excellent! Fresh fried fish, crab cake good. Small dining area adjacent to a small smoked fish business. We enjoyed dinner and would recommend it

• Visited September 2013