“Slightly less than what I expected” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Queen Ann Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Harbor
Queen Ann Motel
You added Queen Ann Motel to your Saves list
450 SE Pioneer Way, Oak Harbor, Whidbey Island, WA 98277   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Oak Harbor
Seattle, WA
“Slightly less than what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've stayed at cheap motels around the country, and this was one of the saddest. To whit:

-The bed was hard as a rock. I kept waking up every hour to turn over to my other side. -There was a bar about 20 feet away from my room and that made things noisy.
-Even better was the family staying in the room next to mine - I think they live there because there are flowers outside the door. They used the parking lot as a place for their kids to play - right next to my room.
-The blanket on the bed was very thin and the bottom sheet wasn't fitted right, so it came off the bed while I was sleeping.

I've had much better rooms at a Motel 6 (and they were cheaper). But honestly, this whole town was sad. I wouldn't stay here ever again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I recently stayed here at this motel with my family. The looks on the outside are almost a mirror image of what you find on the inside- rundown and old. It looks like they have attempted to update and modernize the motel, but it was a poor effort. And the management- There is very poor management there. In our room it stunk of cigarette smoke (and we specifically asked for a non-smoking room), the air was stale.
I will say that this motel is in a great area. The beach is right down the road, restaurant is right next door and it has an indoor swimming pool along with stores just right down the street.
But I do not recommend this motel to anyone who comes to stay in Oak Harbor.

Room Tip: Don't come to this motel if you are looking for something nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

i stayed at the queen motel,in oak harbor,wa.on the weekend of 4th-6th of may.the rooms are clean and tidy.the staff,are great.the restaurant is great.great service.

Room Tip: stay here,you will enjoy yourself.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed at the Queen Ann Motel for a couple of nights recently. At our request, we were given a non-smoking room. The signage in the room itself claimed it was a non-smoking room. A staff member confirmed that it was a non-smoking room. Unfortunately that's where it stops -- the room *reeked* of cigarette smoke. So much so that my pajama also stunk of a nasty cigarette smell when I came home.

Otherwise the room was pretty old and sad - but we expected so much for the price. It was also very noisy because of the bar across the parking lot. Needless to say, we won't be visiting again...

Room Tip: Check out your room before committing to stay there...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edgewater, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My father and I had stayed at the Queen Anne Motel on September 9th, 2011. The owners could not have been more hospitable. Not only was the motel spotlessly clean, the room was extremely affordable. The area was beautiful & there was a restaurant and pool on site. I strongly recommend staying at the Queen Anne if you are in the Oak Harbor area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
California, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

someone recommended me queen Anne motel
when i came to spend my vacations from California
i used to some parcels from my girl friend,
the manger of the motel was so friendly and cooperative
they took nice care personally,,,,i really appreciate there
hospitality and would like to come back again in my next vacations

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed here during WIRW. I was quoted $55 per night and having read another review I made sure I wrote down the quote and when I made the reservation because when I got there they tried to charge me $71 a night. The rooms are ok and perfect for just spending the night. The housekeeper failed to show up one day so I came back to the room just as I had left it. The owner said sometimes the cleaner just doesn't show up. He didn't seem to think is was anything to worry about.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Queen Ann Motel? Share your experiences!