“Great spot to get away from it all” 4 of 5 stars

Bonneville Hot Springs Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1252 E Cascade Drive, North Bonneville, WA 98639   |
Hotel packages
Needham, MA
“Great spot to get away from it all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I took my sister and my son for a night out at the Bonneville Hot Springs Resort and Spa. As son as we walked into the lobby, we fell in love with this place. The llovedAs a gorgeous great room with a central fireplace, surrounded by comfy seating, soft lighting and bookcases. It has a hunting lodge feel to it. We also loved the room which had a private balcony with a large jacuzzi tub. The room itself was well-equipped with two queen beds, desk, entertainment center, alarm clock, refrigerator and coffee service. Hanging in the closet were three cean, fluffy terry cloth robes.

The hotel has a restaurant and lounge which serves an upscale menu. We did not try the dinner, but I can vouch for their breakfast menu which included standard breakfast fare like bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, as well as fancy upscale breakfast items, such as smoked salmon omelette. A gourmet coffee bar is located in the lobby.

The hotel has a wonderful rock garden courtyard with a huge hot tub. There is also an indoor pool and jacuzzi, an exercise room, a full service spa and a gift shop. The spa rates were pricey.

For me, the best aspects of the resort were the natural mineral water hot spring and the beautiful setting. The hotel looks a bit like a Holiday Inn from the outside and is surrounded by a parking lot. However, once you walk beyond the parking area, you'll come to Greenleaf Lake, Moffatt Creek, and the Bass Lake Wilderness Preserve. This is an excellent place to leave city life behind for a while. Also, once you go inside the hotel, any resemblance to a Holiday Inn fades away and you realize that you've stumbled across a very unique hotel.

Our only difficulty was with the online booking. Upon making my reservation, I received an error message stating that my receipt could not be emailed to me. I simply called the front desk, who assured me that my room was reserved.

We will definitely return to this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Be aware that the "Timberline View" rooms overlook the parking lot. The "Courtyard V...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place is awful.
Loud out of control patrons disturbing massages and dining, hot tubs out of service, and fire alarms going off at 9:00am. NO compensation offered for any of this, and an extremely rude and condescending manager who was not at all helpful. I would never recommend that anyone go here unless I disliked them a great deal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these North Bonneville hotels

Trout Lake, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

It is unfortunate when a hotel that claims to be a resort is unable recognize their problems. Instead this hotel makes a habit of apathy and an overall unwillingness to care for the safety and comfort of their guests. If you receive poor service or are injured at this hotel, do not expect to receive condolences, apologies, or efforts to help from either the front desk or management. When I first entered the hotel I thought it looked gorgeous. The lobby is elegantly designed and they even offer suites with private hot tubs! Unfortunately, the poor service in conjunction with malfunctioning and outdated electronics (lights, TV, coffee pot) makes it impossible to justify the price tag. However, the primary issue at this location is customer service. Barring all other problems the general disinterest of the staff makes it hard to enjoy your stay. I would rather pay twice as much for even slightly better service than I received at this "resort". It's unfortunate that this was my experience considering how excited I had gotten from looking at the photos online. Do yourself a favor and head elsewhere, otherwise you might just be kicking yourself that you ruined your trip by picking a bad place to stay. I know I was.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great day at the hot springs. Went with a friend who had a gift card she was sharing. We got there pre-spa and had breakfast. We were alone in the restaurant ( a Wed), service was great, the drink was very good, but breakfast was just bland. Services at the spa were great - you are paying top dollar and they delivered. I had a massage and facial and was extremely pleased with both of them. Professional and informative service. We hit the outdoor mineral hot tub in between treatments and it was clean and very soothing. Went to the lounge at the end of the day and received excellent service from the bartender, although the food was again just fair. Chicken nachos - piled high, but mostly nachos. Inside is definitely more attractive than the outside.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have been coming here since the resort opened. This is the first time I have been this disappointed. It makes me sad what has happened in terms of customer service and upkeep. I've watched rates skyrocket while service diminishes. Flickering lights, rooms dated, slow service in the dining room. To top it off, I came here with my best friend to relax and have some peace and quiet after the passing of my mom. Instead of peace, they had a piano player banging on the keys which we could hear in our room. 5 day cancellation? Who gets away with that? I hope the new management reads these reviews. I will say we both had an awesome facial in the spa. Next time we will be going down the road.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell them you don't want a parking lot view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hickory, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Silence. Absolute silence.

This resort is out of the way for a great reason. If you are looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place for you! The beauty of the Columbia River Gorge can't be compared to anywhere else. The lobby is spectacular with an enormous fireplace, vaulted ceilings, and great places to sit and relax. I wanted a blanket, book, and cup of hot chocolate to cozy up with, but being the middle of summer I opted for the scenic view outside instead.

The staff was outstanding! Helpful, informative, and kind.

The room was nothing special and could use a little updating. Tube TV's are a rarity in hotels anymore.

The spa was fabulous! I could just move in there and stay all day. We opted for the couples mineral bath, wrap, and massage and were able to go back upstairs and sleep off the relaxation and then soak in the hot tub again (and again...and again)!

There isn't anything around them for about a 15 minute drive, so bringing food with you or opting for the in hotel restaurant are your only options for meals. The restaurant was rather expensive, so we opted for meals on the go instead.

Hood River is about 30 minutes away which offered great wineries, breweries, and fun places to explore and enjoy. Rafting the White Salmon was fabulous and highly recommended for any adventurous folks.

I can't wait to be able to come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Bonneville Hot Springs RESORT is a joke. I have been there a few times with family and friends and I don't know why I keep going back (I suppose its the mineral water). The Place is old and out dated The bathroom looked like it was salvaged from a trailer park, all they did to make the bathroom attractive was to add granite. The carpet through out the place is stained and old. The mini golf coarse is a pathetic slapped together coarse. The grounds could be so beautiful if it was landscaped and taken care of. This "resort" is in the middle of the beautiful columbia gorge, the views should be breath taking and the grounds shouldn't look as awful as they do. That being said DO NOT book a room that over looks the parking lot! Most of the staff was nice, just consider that the location is far from a big city and has small town employees. If anything goes wrong during your stay don't expect a discount, compensation or anything! You don't get what you pay for, this place's prices are too high. I would say that the positives of this place is the mineral water and spa treatments. I highly recommend the signature "rock n' rain massage" and the mineral bath and wrap, its the spa that keeps me coming. Come here or carson for the mineral water but stay at Skamania lodge or Columbia River Gorge Hotel.

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK the parking lot view! 1. The view sucks when you are enjoying the hot tub 2. The smoke f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bonneville Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!