“Spendy, but a wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
New Year's Eve Party!
Pendleton, Oregon
“Spendy, but a wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My friend and I just came back from two days at Bonneville, and just loved it. I read one of the reviews where the staff evidently had gotten things all wrong, but we found just the opposite. The staff, to a person, treated us like we were the only ones there and were quick to accommodate whatever we asked for, It's clean everywhere, the spas and pool especially nice, and the restaurant is just wonderful. I thought the spa treatments were pretty expensive, but they were pretty darned great too. The restaurant is outstanding and not overpriced at all, especially the breakfast, which was wonderful. Great choices. Dinner is a little more expensive, and not an extensive menu, but varied enough, and beautifully served. We will definitely come back. It was a wonderful time.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was quiet, and our view was to the inside (not sure which side that is), but this is the s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

This is my Trip Advisor review. I make that point because my recent experience was outstanding and I rely on TA reviews to make my decisions. My other half and I enjoyed our stay tremendously. Cleanliness is extremely important to me and everywhere I looked it was very clean, the room, the lobby, the dining room, the hallways, the restroom, pool and spa area, etc. Additionally, the staff and the level of service were seriously on par with my experiences with the Four Seasons and Ritz Carleton (seriously!) The staff at the restaurant, the bar, the spa, housekeeping and front desk were pleasant, helpful, and friendly. In fact, we made an effort to tell the manger at the front desk that our experience was exceptional and I highly recommend the resort.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked a night the last Saturday in February. We had stopped by and looked at a couple rooms when we were in the area and I had been to the spa before but never stayed. It was very nice, the room was pretty quiet (there was a toddler in the next room), the bed was very comfortable and the hot tub and pool were great. The meals at both the restaurant and lounge were very good. I will definetly come back here again. It was a little spendy but a nice indulgence.

Auburn, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I booked a hot tub room for the 20th-22nd over the phone with a gentleman. While booking, he had asked for my card number for holding purposes, so I did so. No harm there. I also told him that I had a $400 gift card that I wanted the room charged to and I'd just pay the rest. So besides that, I had about $300+ brought with me to enjoy the wineries/restaurants while we were there. Embarrassing enough, when we went to Naked winery, my debit card was declined, so my husband had to pick up the wine I wanted.

When we checked in the hotel, instead of looking at the notes, the girl at the front desk swipes my card and tells me AGAIN that it's declined...so I tell her I had a gift card. She was like "...oh." and takes my card, $100 in cash, then the rest actually went through on my debit. Confused, I check my online banking when we get up to the room.

After a $750ish charge and 2 $250ish charges, I was needless to say...overdrafted.

Stressing and furious, we went back to the front desk to ask what was up. She told me that upon booking, they had to charge a holding fee of $250...a fee the gentleman I booked with FAILED to tell me about. I was shattered to hear this and told her that I wasn't told about it. The only thing she told me was that if we went to the restaurant or got room service, add it to the room tab and it would be taken off the refundable hold.

This did NOT help the fact that I wanted a VACATION and couldn't GO ANYWHERE while overdrafted!! I literally wanted to go home our first night.

Even worse was the spa.

On Feb 18th at approx. 6:34 pm, I called the spa to make an appointment for my husband and I. I told her I just wanted a bath and wrap and that my husband really wanted a deep tissue massage. She had asked if he had one before, and I said no. Immedietly she said it was highly not recommended that he get one unless he gets them regularly. Um...somebody's got to start at SOME time, right? So instead, I just told her we needed to book a female that did REALLY firm massages, so she said the best time for us to get in together was the 21st at 2:00pm so we'd get that lady. We said okay and booked. She also told us that we would get a confirmation phone call over the next day or so.

We never got a phone call, so I figured they just forgot.

On the 21st, we went down at 1:30pm ready for our treatments.

The lady at the front desk was really nice and asked for my ID. Apparently she could not find us in the system. On top of what happened the night before...I was even more infuriated. The girl that had 'booked' us apparently didn't do a damn thing.

I was trying really hard not to cry when the lady at the desk only apologized and said she didn't know why the other girl didn't book that appointment. Only thing she did was offer to get us in the next day at 10am together. What if that next day was booked? I couldn't speak as my husband said we'd just take the appointment for the next day.

ALL of this was INFURIATING!! I would have been okay if they had offered maybe a small percentage off the spa treatments for their mistakes, but nope.

We left feeling we really didn't have a vacation and just wasted 2 days and a lot of money. They had 'refunded' about $275 to my account on the 21st, and I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE REFUND!!!

Horrible stay. Horrible vacation. NEVER thinking of going back again!

Room Tip: Bring PLENTY of cash for the toll bridge if you plan to go winery hopping! Also, restaurants are at...

Travelers are raving about these North Bonneville hotels

Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The resort is great but they need to decide if they want to be a resort or a locals pools. Stayed there 4 days for relaxation, but real pool hours were severely limited by local activity, which while by adults was often VERY LOUD. Hotel guests were very quiet and but the noise of the locals drove me from the pool more than once.

Rooms are great, staff is great. Pool management not so good.

Parts of the spa are very good and parts very bad. I had one massage that was very, very good and so booked another which was awful and which left me in pain. The spa was just too busy to address my concerns. Lesson learned, if I want a good consistent massage, get one at hone where its much better and way less expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a very relaxing night here for Valentines day. We did not experience any of the poor experiences with hotel staff as others have reported. Our wait staff in the dining room for dinner and breakfast were friendly and knowledgable with their recommendations. The menu selections were unique and well prepared...lobster and crab pot pie was out of this world. The wine prices were very reasonable and they are obviously of the mind set to sell wine, not just fill out a wine list. We did not use the spa services due to lack of availability, perhaps because of the holiday. Agree the pool is nothing special and is indoors. We had a spa on our balcony, make sure to avoid the parking lot view, which we unfortunately did not. The room itself was comfortable, clean and well appointed. A fitness center is needed.

Surrey, British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was our second time at this hot springs resort. Our room faces the hill for TOTAL privacy in our mineral water filled hot tub free of chlorine. The room was first class with coffee maker, flat panel TV and fridge but no microwave. We had dinner in the lounge but do expect the service to be relaxingly slow. The burgers are huge and if you're a beer drinker, do try the Copper Line ale on tap. The restaurant is exceptionally slow-maybe because it was a weekday. The courteous staff made it all bearable. Just remember the resort is remotely located. We would definitely return for another relaxing experience.

Room Tip: For total privacy in the balcony hot tub, choose the hill side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bonneville Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!