“Great place, but prices are rising.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ivar's Mukilteo Landing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Mukilteo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mukilteo Speedway
Transit: Whidbey Island Ferry, Sound transit light rail, Metro busses.
Description: Ivar’s Mukilteo Landing is pleasantly situated on the water next to the ferry dock in historic Mukilteo, just 30 minutes north of Seattle. From the scenic dining room and outside deck, you can watch the ferries come and go as you enjoy mouth-watering seafood and a wide assortment of Ivar's famous original recipe entrees and many other Northwest favorites. Ivar's Mukilteo Landing is open for lunch and dinner.
USA
“Great place, but prices are rising.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stop here when out to visit friends on Whidby Island and have never been disappointed. This time I had a great seafood saute with salmon, crab, shrimp (small and jumbo), and about five other items. Ate every bit and mopped my plate, as did the others in our party. I thought the wine was somewhat expensive, $32 for the least expensive. Perhaps Ivars is getting too many tourists--it was almost filled at 5 PM on a Tuesday, so they can charge what they want.
The next day we ate at Ivars Express at the airport (SEA), and the clam chowder was even better, as were the prices. Try the Chowder/Fish and Chips/Diet Coke medley

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Federal Way, Washington
“Enjoy dining at a Puget sound Fav'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Ivars has been a Seattle area favorite for over a half century for one reason - good service/ food! Atmosphere and water view is a signature of all Ivars restaurants ...

Visited June 2013
houston, tx
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Like like and like. Ivars looks like an expensive restaurant. I never visited until my friend brought me to the special treat on Ivar's birthday once in march. Ivar always have a special for 2.99 on all entree with one at full price on his birthday. All seafood are delicious especially the salmon chowder. And the fireplace in the restaurant is always my photo background... Plus the great Sound view. The food is a bit pricy if not on special, but the good food and the ambience are all worth the price.

Visited March 2013
Bellevue, WA
“Ivars Dependability on the Mukilteo Ferry Dock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

From shoreside, the Mukilteo Ivar's is a non-descript building. My wife thought I was taking her to one of the Ivar's fast food chowder and fish and chips joints. However, once inside, we were treated to a very good meal with a decent view of the Sound. That is, it would have been a decent view had it not been one of those rainy, foggy, grey Pacific NW evenings in May. But we didn't care. We still enjoyed the maritime atmosphere. I had the grilled Copper River Sockeye and it was excellent, even if a little pricey. Sherry had the Northwest combination with salmon, halibut, and crab cake. We had a couple of glasses of Mt. Baker Viognier, which was crisp and delicious. Service was pretty good; waiter needed a little more experience. We were in the mood for a good meal to grace our overnight stay in Mukilteo and we were not disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, California
“Typical tourist clip joint- ONLY eat at outside window”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Sort of torn about this review. We had fish and chips here twice. Once inside in the restaurant, waiting an hour (didn't call ahead, stupid...) and paid far more.
Inside we had two soft drinks, a baked salmon, and a fish and chips. No salads, no dessert. The bill was close to fifty. The service was slack, and I was handed my ( three dollar fifty cent) gourmet black cherry pop bottle with no glass with ice and not even a straw. I guess I was supposed to swig it like a beer! In fairness, the salmon with the berry sauce was good. My fish and chips were the same as outside, however.
It was loud inside, and the ambiance was not conducive to romance, that's for sure.

So outside (same view!) you can pick up To Go chow at the window. Notice that all the locals are doing this! Again, the fish and chips were the same as inside, but far cheaper. I got four huge pieces for easily half the price and husband got four huge pieces of fried salmon that were delicious! We also got a shrimp cocktail, bursting with celery, green onion, and red sauce with tasty tiny shrimp- and the whole bill was about half. If it's cold, they even have a little indoor seating area for the To Go window patrons. Most people are stopping at the window to get a bite before they board the ferry, so the indoor seating was never full up.
Don't forget to snag an ice cream cone while at the outside window too. It's apparently never too cold for the locals to eat ice cream!

• Visited May 2013