“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This Hotel is Awesome. I travelled on business and it is close enough to I-5 to get to Everett in less than 10 minutes but far enough from Payne Field to not hear the planes from Boeing. They don't have a bar or restaurant which is fine with me because they do have small kitchens and the rooms are designed to be like a studio apartment. It is close to the grocery stores, the ferry landing and the beach. It is clean, well maintained and I didn't feel like I was staying in a hotel for two weeks. It actually felt like my own little apartment. I travel a lot and this was one of the nicest places I've stayed in recently.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here over the July 4th holiday with my pet. The set-up of the room is nice--kitchen, bathroom, small couch, work area and bed. It'd be nice to have a "dog scoop bags" somewhere in the room or nearby where you walk the dog. I often stay at the Towne Suites in Hillsboro Oregon and they have a nice area to walk the dog with plenty of scoop bags. The location is just up the hill from the Mulkiteo ferry to Whidbey and the Mulkiteo lighthouse beach park. There are plenty of restaurants and services near the hotel including some nice ones such as Arnie which overlooks the water.

My only main complaint is the hotel walls seem to be thin and I could hear the kids above me running on the ceiling until midnight. It'd be nice to put the kid rooms on the lower levels so you don't hear them running around all night.

Overall, it's a good place and I would stay again, although I might ask for a room on the second floor and that was in the back, quieter part of the complex. The room I stayed at was on the main road and I could hear the road noise all night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chapala, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with our four year old grandson. He loved the pool and hot tub. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast included all that we would want and expect of Marriott. Parking is free as is internet access. Location is a little out of the way but handy to Boeing if that is your destination. Walls are thin and noise from the kids upstairs was annoying but did not last long. Room rate was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just imagine a Residence Inn, with each 'room' being a separate suite with its own outdoor entrance. A fairly large compound, about 5-10 minutes off the highway.
Location:
I had a newer GPS, so found this place with ease. Decent signage. Not too far off the highway. Across the street is a strip mall, with a couple of restaurants (Thai being one of them - I hear it's decent). Fairly close by to many things: a minute drive to a supermarket (QFC I think), about 5 minutes to the water where there is a water park for the little ones and Ivars (the seafood restaurant), and less than 5 minutes to the Boeing factory.

Check In
After a long drive (due to the bridge detour), Cynthia greeted us with such genuine enthusiasm. Always a smile on her face. Checked us in with ease, while at the same time making recommendations of what to do near by.

Suite
We had the top floor of the building (second floor). We had requested a quiet part of the complex, and got one near the back facing a stone wall. Very quiet. Like I said, it's like a Residence Inn, but only smaller. It had a kitchen with all the cutlery and plates, refrigerator, sitting area, small dining table and the bed. Good quiet AC unit. Bathroom was a good size. Good water pressure. I think the place was recently renovated, because it looked in very good condition. Laminate flooring in the bathroom, carpets looked clean. Standard Marriott colours.

Amenities
Never got to enjoy them, but had an outdoor swimming pool with hot tub, a basketball court and a work out area. Free wi fi is always nice.

Free breakfast buffet is appreciated. Only draw back is that when we got there 40 minutes before closing, they were already out of oatmeal and waffle mix. The kitchen crew worked so hard, so no fault to them. Decent sitting area, but lots of people. Food included self serve waffles (when there is batter), oatmeal, cooked white rice with seaweed flakes and fish (yes, you did read that right), boiled eggs, bread, milk, juice and yogurt. It's free, so can't complain. It can fill you up, but don't expect anything gourmet. Too bad that they ran out of things so early on. From Monday thru Wednesday, they have an evening reception with food (varied each day).

Overall
Great place. I'm not sure what else is around Mukilteo, but this is a good place to stay after a long day of shopping at the outlets (about 15 minutes away). Clean, good amenities, great staff and included breakfast with free parking. Will stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ShannonMyers, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Wanderlost16 Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel and great to hear it felt similar to a Residence Inn. I know many people read reviews and take into consideration feedback from guests like you!

Thank you for mentioning Cynthia at our front desk as she is a great example of going above and beyond and we will certainly pass along your comments to her. I also appreciate you mentioning your experience at breakfast and will discuss this with our staff to make sure we are not running short on items.

Thank you again for a wonderful review and we look forward to hosting your stay again in the near future! If I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me directly.
Shannon Myers
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

this venue is located a bit off the freeway but easy enough to find if you do not give up when you are driving through green areas and residential areas - we ended up there on a managers dinner night and what was served was more than enough to suit us for dinner and of course breakfast was included so we did all right in that area - and didn't have to go looking for a place to dine - we were upstairs and one row of condos was between us and our car but it was quiet and the room was really nice - the pool area has a hot tub and pool and BBQ's as well - we were very happy to stay there and will again if the need arises

Carmel, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here a week (wed to a Wed), so I think I'm qualified to make a more informed rating of this property that someone staying one night.
First of all, the staff needs training. The man at the front desk in the evening was fine, but the female and the maid staff needs serious work.
We stayed upstairs, facing the pool area but slightly downhill from it, mostly facing the parking lot. Of the nights we were there, Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sunday nights had children (ages 8-10, old enough to behave) running and screaming in the pool and parking lot area. Nothing was done about it. I called the office and was told the pool area closes at 11. (yes...11. Great for business people with morning meetings, right?) Sunday night we called security because it was just ridiculous having these kids playing around the cars. Why should a few people be allowed to ruin the stay of everyone else paying the same price, or more for their room? Why should we have had to call the desk at all?
The room itself was smallish. I was surprised, as I like other Towneplace Suites. The kitchen is adequate and has a full size frig. The bathroom is small, but workable. I was disappointed by the amount of mold in the shower tile. (bleach pen, anyone?) This brings me to my point about housekeeping. The batteries in our TV remote were dead. A bulb in the bathroom was burned out. This ought to be on a checklist before releasing a room to be rented out again. The maid service was sketchy- some days getting coffee/sugar refills, and some not. I always made my own bed and left a note not to touch it, so who knows how that would have been done.
The room doors slam loudly, and our upper porch had four doors off of it, with slamming going on at different hours when people would arrive.
The morning breakfast had the usual dry cereal, oatmeal, waffle maker, yogurt, etc. No pastry. No to-go bottles of milk- just pitchers. We never had a chance to rate the evening "social" hour as they did not have it the week we stayed! It is usually Mon/Tues/Wed, but since it was Memorial Day on Monday, I assume the staff was..on vacation?? Not sure why it wasn't back on Tues, as there were plenty of people staying that night.
All in all, I'd say if you are location oriented, on business, and MUST stay in Mukilteo, try another hotel. However, if you have kids and love to stay up all hours and let them run wild, please, stay here, so I can go somewhere else for quiet.

Room Tip: stay as far from the pool area as possible. Road noise is not the problem- unruly guests are.
Dear Minx_in_LA Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience during your visit to the Mukilteo, WA area.

We appreciate your feedback specifically regarding Housekeeping Service in general and noise at the pool and pool hours. We will certainly share your experience amongst our staff in order to improve for the future as this is certainly not up to our expectations!

I can understand your disappointment and please be assured that this is not typical and we would love the opportunity to have you as our guest once again. Please think about giving us another try should your travels bring you to the area. We’d like the opportunity to make a memorable stay for you!
Shannon Myers
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We chose this location partly because it was a little less money being 20 miles or so from Seattle, but we ended up loving this area. My wife wanted to visit Whidbey Island and this hotel is very close to the ferry. We also wanted to do some wine tasting and we found this is a good location to visit the wine tasting rooms and wineries in Woodinville. Nice staff, clean rooms, and they had fish, soy sauce, and steamed rice as well as the regular breakfast items which was a nice surprise. The morning breakfast gal said they have the fish there for their Japanese clientele visiting Boeing. We loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo? Share your experiences!