“Pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Seattle, Washington
“Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed here and had a very pleasant stay. The room was very clean and had a nice kitchenette. The beds are ultra comfortable with nice feather pillows.
It is in close proximity to the ferry over to Whidey Island and the Mukilteo lighthouse.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Very happy with my stay here. They have a good breakfast buffet and a managers reception 3 times a week, which was a pleasant surprise. The room was very comfortable but I could hear the folks upstairs. When I checked in they recommended an upstairs room but I didn't feel like lugging my suitcases upstairs.

The grounds are lovely.

Room Tip: Take an upstairs room. I don't know if the front rooms are noisy from street noise, but the one...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Stayed twice in one week at Townplace Suites, Mukilteo and the staff was wonderful, good recommendations for local food, walks for our dog, sights. Rooms were well appointed, lots of pillows on the bed.

Room Tip: The rooms appear to be very quite, we had a room near the back of the area. They have excellent are...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My room was clean and fine for a few days on a business trip in an area where there aren't many hotel options. I was a little frustrated by three things: there are suites with lock-out doors that really carry noise from adjacent rooms, and the walls and floors were really thin so I could hear everything my neighbors were saying. I had to sleep with noise-cancelling headphones on and I felt weird sitting in the room without the television turned on.

Technically these rooms aren't suites like an Embassy Suites, so it would be important to know that if you were hoping to have a separate sitting area while kids sleep or business colleagues come over. Also, there is no wi-fi available in the rooms, so you are tethered to the desk to do work. My desk faced the rest of the room and was a decent place to work, but in different rooms I imagine that this would be an annoying constraint.

My bathroom was clean but smelled horribly of spilled cologne. I'm not sure if it was the cleaning products that were used or actual spilled cologne residue, but it made that part of the room quite unpleasant. I had early meetings that ran late, so I couldn't schedule time to switch rooms to fix the situation. The mattress was also really saggy on one side. I experience this a lot at Marriott properties and I don't know if it's the mattresses, the replacement schedule, or something else, but it continues to happen from hotel to hotel.

The location is tough if you don't have a car, but great if you enjoy running or serious walks. The grounds are also tidy and well-kept and make it feel like a cute little townhouse complex. There is a 7-11 across the street which is helpful for quick snacks or drinks.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ShannonMyers, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your experience at the Marriott TownePlace Suites- Mukilteo! We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and any suggestions on ways we can improve. I am sorry to hear of the noise you experienced during your stay with us. We do offer rooms on the second floor as an alternate to assist in having a quieter room for future. Along with the room our work space does vary based on the room type requested.

We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms my apologies that you did not experience this service with regards to the smell. This is a good reminder to make sure we are not over spraying with cleaning products.

Again thank you for your feedback and we do hope should your travels bring you to the Mukilteo area again in the future that you will consider staying with us again!

Shannon Myers
Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Townplace at its best. Very good breakfast buffet, 3 times a week managers reception in the evening. perfect for the business traveller or small family. Location is in a residential neighbourhood about 2 miles from the ferry. Very quiet. Good housekeeping, enough parking. Nice pool. Downsides: The rooms are not too big, so with 4 persons it gets crowded (anyway still better than other hotels!) Only issue we had: We had to turn off AC during the night, as it is directly besides and towards the sofabed. Keep this in mind if You want to use sofabed during warm summers or cold winters,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mission Viejo, Ca.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Let me start by saying I am a fan of Marriott's, I always stay there when I can because I find they have never disapoointed me for cleanliness or safety. I was travelling from Seattle area with a friend and this was on the way to Marysville/Everette from there. The room was at the very back of the property so it was a bit of a hike to the lobby for breakfast, etc. the property is laid out more like a condo/apt. feeling with separated units and exterior stairs for the upper units (I am glad we had a lower unit as I would not have wanted to haul all of our heavy luggage up the stairways). The upside of this is that there was no tv noise from neighbors the downside is you could hear the cars and people walking by and I would guess if you were near the pool in summertime noise would be an issue. The unit was a suite but I have to say it was very small but fine for two people. I think it would have been crowded should the third person we were travelling with decided to stay. The kitchenette was a nice size but we didn't use it especially since they served up a nicer than expected breakfast buffet in the morning. When we checked in I was given a little welcome gift of candy, etc. which I thought was a nice touch. The main thing I thought was good about this hotel was the proximity to Mukilteo which is an adorable little town with a beach, lighthouse and several restaurants of different price ranges. We ate at the seafood restaurant Ivars which was fab! Register online before you go and they wend you a discount coupon. There is a ferry that runs all day and it's a beautiful ride even if you just take it round trip. The hotel has a free shuttle that will take you to the area.

Room Tip: The property is large and spread out so ask for a room near what is important to you, pool or parkin...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Henderson, Nevada, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is great hotel with a very quaint atmosphere. The grounds are immaculate and the room was very clean. The area is also quite at night and close to so many things. The only thing I can say that I would suggest improvement to, would be the morning breakfast. What they had was quite tasty, however, it was very carb heavy. Maybe, cut back on some of the carbs and add a piece of ham or sausage. But otherwise, it was a great stay with helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo? Share your experiences!