“Good but.......” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Everett, Washington
“Good but.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went to John's Grill for my birthday this January. We had a reservation and were seated by a table directly by the door, it was freezing outside so we all had to wear our jackets at the table, which was a bummer, looking around at the other tables I noticed other diners wearing coats as well. I know heat is expensive but.....So much for our fine dining experience.It took about 10 minutes before anyone took our order and even though my husband told our (very harried) waitress it was my B-day, she never acknowledged it. I am not a child but I thought that was odd. I had read the reviews for the restaurant on yelp & trip advisor, which were mixed and I like to judge for myself so........When my husband asked about a few different selections on the wine list all the waitress could talk about was how much $$ they were, she was not very knowledgeable about the wine list.....and we could see how much each bottle was. I ordered the lamb and when it arrived there were three chops of which two were quite small and charred on one side, I ate the one that was a little bigger and cooked very nicely and took the other two home to my dog. My sides were also not hot enough, maybe it was the cold in the restaurant? Over all it was ok, but disappointing. I could tell the food could be good and the service too..maybe they are still working out the kinks? I would normally have said something about my food but being with friend and since my husband had made our arrangements I just didn't want to cast a shadow onto our evening by complaining. We might go there again...maybe in warmer weather.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Clinton
“Cozy and Quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took my parents here for their 65th wedding anniversary last week. There were 10 of us total and each dish was beautifully presented. I did not hear one complaint from the group other than there was a lot of food. Our party had anything from a hamburger to a nice steack with some seafood selections tossed in. I had the pork tenderloin and it was yummy. The wine selection was good too.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Carolina
“A fun evening and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A real neighborhood place. We went with friends and had a fun evening and nice food. I liked the assortment of entrees at dinner from a steak salad (which I enjoyed) to fancy salmon entrees. Very nice. I had wine, which was from a good selection of bottles, but others had beer and said Johns offers some great beers. The space is nice--small and cozy, and good looking. The service is great, and the family is everywhere taking care of the guests.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle
“Even the food manager in our group was impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

There were 5 of us last night. All of us fussy about our food and dining service. We just kept saying "wow" to me erything. What a great find due to TA reviews. Thanks to those who led us there. Iverson family.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lynnwood, Washington
“What mouth watering food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is the best steak house and restaurant in the Puget Sound area. All the food is taste great and is prepared by John himself. Its a family run place with John's wife and college age children out front waiting on you. The steaks is there best menu items. I have had there fish (salmon and steal-head) and a few other main courses on the menu and they are excellent also, but there steaks are the best. The will split the steak between you, if you are not hungry for one all yourself and it taste just as good. The crab cake appetizer just makes your mouth water it is so good. They have a nice selection of hand picked wines also. The only improvement the could do is have a wider selection of single malt scotches. The only offer 2, but one is Oban which shows they have class.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to John's Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage John's Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.