“Love this inn right on the water” 4 of 5 stars

Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo
718 Front Street, Mukilteo, WA 98275   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Mukilteo
Victoria BC Canada
“Love this inn right on the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! From the moment we checked in staff were helpful and friendly. We have a lovely room with water view and fireplace, farthest from the ferry. The Juliette balcony doors, that open right over the water, are such a treat. The room is very clean and roomy with a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Love the new large screen TV. Complimentary breakfast has a lot of choice and you can make your own Belgian waffles! Very nice breakfast room with water view. We stayed for 3 nights. There is an Ivar's restaurant next door with very good food. P

Room Tip: Do get a water view room farthest from the ferry as the ferries start very early.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear BCroadtripper1:

Good morning and thank you so kindly for such a great review! I am so pleased to read that our staff was helpful and friendly during your stay and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast each morning as well.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Look this place is great, I have stayed there 3times now and I like the place. Up to now I have had the cheaper rooms, but this time the only rooms available were the sea view. (Right next to the ferry) avoid this like the plague, the ferry horns blazing at 4.45 and then the bikes after docking you have no chance of sleeping. Stay on the East side as far away as possible. The rooms are good the hotel great but between the ferry and the train ! Lovely place though

Room Tip: Just avoid the ferry side or you will regret it
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Jason A:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you for your review. I apologize that the ferry noise disrupted your stay with us as it is not a constant noise that is apparent in this area, and is only present during certain hours or weather conditions.

I am pleased to read that the rest of your stay was good and that you were a return guest. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should need anything else and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was the second time we have stayed at this inn and we were pleased that it was stil as good as the previous time,

We arrived early, around 1pm, and as our suite was ready the lovely receptionist checked us in immediately despite a notice in reception informing guests that early check ins were not possible due to the high volume of guests.

The king suite overlooking the water was spacious and well equipped. Everything was really nice and clean, with the exception of the carpet which could have used a steam clean, however, this did not detract from a really nice stay and we would certainly stay here again if in the area.

We were here on a Tuesday evening and were able to take advantage of the manager's reception - a really nice touch. There was a good range of wines and beers and plenty of pizza.

The breakfast buffet was very good and included hot items. It was pleasing to note that a member of staff regularly checked the temperature of the scambled eggs with a thermometer.

All of the staff are extremely helpful, friendly and greet guests with a smile.

Room Tip: IFor a few extra dollars it's worth getting a room or suite overlooking the water
Dear WizardBristol:

Good morning from Mukilteo! I am so pleased to read that you were a return guest and that this most recent stay was able to continue to meet your expectations as well. Thank you so much for such a great review and am so pleased you were able to enjoy our weekly complimentary Tuesday night reception.

New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is our second time staying at a Silver Cloud, and we certainly enjoyed delightful stays at both locations. Several years ago we stayed at their hotel in Tacoma, right on the water as well. We were greeted this visit by an incredibly welcoming woman at the front desk, Cassidy. Our room was a king with a water view, which was wonderful. We loved watching the ferries come and go. Our room was very clean, and we really appreciated the free use of a washer/dryer. Our only complaint would be the tiny toilets, which need to be replaced. It was wonderful to walk next door and have a lovely dinner at Ivar's. The breakfast was good and included our favorite, bacon. We were happy we had the opportunity to stay a night at this awesome location in Mukilteo.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear KellyNewMexico:

Good morning! I am so pleased to read that Cassidy was able to welcome you to our hotel and was able to portray the type of service we provide with our hotel. I will be sure to note your comments in regards to the maintenance items and review with our Chief of Maintenance.

Larkspur, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Last time I was in Mukilteo for the Lighthouse Festival I thought the waterfront area would be cool to stay on a future trip and I was thrilled that my hunch was right. When I first arrived to the Silver Cloud the night clerk was extremely helpful about the area and we all commented on the crazy lightning storm going on.

We stayed in a suite with a king size bed, a couch and two huge flat screen TVs in each room area for a little extra than we would normally spend, however, our stay was excellent and worth every cent. We continued to watch the lightning show from our suite where the backdrop was the ferry to Whidbey Island and a light show from mother nature. The bed and linens were super comfortable. I even wrote down the shower head information from the bathroom, (Speakman 2000), as it was an incredible massage/shower.

The hot breakfast in the morning had healthy options such as protein and fruit which I appreciate. Eating breakfast with harbor seals playing outside my window was awesome. i also found the parking easy and not so compact.

The Mukilteo Lighthouse, the Ferry Terminal to Whidbey Island and Ivar's are all a quick walk away from the Silver Cloud Inn. We drove 10 minutes the next morning to do the Boeing factory tour at Paine Field.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a partial or full view. It is so worth it.
Dear Oceandweller 7:

Good morning from Mukitleo and thank you so much for your kind comments! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to see some of our neighborhood "friends."

Ann Arbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I wanted a place in a pleasant location and treated myself by being willing to pay more than the usual budget motel by the highway. I was not disappointed. This is a small hotel right on Puget Sound, and that's the view you get from the common areas and the breakfast area. (Rooms with that view cost more, and I didn't have one of those rooms.)

Rooms are clean, modern, and with all the modern convenienes. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast comes with the room and I would rank it "very good" (not great).

All in all, the place is a definite winner.There is not much to do right n town, but there are a couple of restaurants and it's a pleasant location.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, choose a room with a view of Puget Sound.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear biophiliac:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you so kindly for your comments! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as that our rooms were up to your satisfaction.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Well, mixed feelings altogether.

My company sent me to Boeing for a meeting and due to some sport festival in town, every single hotel was booked out. So I stayed there as that was one of the only rooms left in the city.

The place is clean, well meant and the staff is really nice.
The hotel is okay, aside for being a bit dated and maybe could be refreshed accordingly (old TV, old furniture's etc..).
The breakfast was okay, slightly better than average Marriot's experience, but nothing to make you put the alarm on, not to miss it!

The hotel is stuck at the bottom of a hill, facing the sound, between the train station (behind) and the ferry wharf, on the west. If you are looking for a nice view and quiet experience, face the water and be as East as possible, as the occasional 'horn' of the ferry is really not so pleasant when you hear it at 5AM on the first ferry crossing of the day (and every 25mn from there on). Plus, as we are/were in summer, all the first vehicle to disembark were all the motorcycles (HD's) and their loud exhausts.

So, not the place to be in the morning, while dealing with Jet lag.
FYI, my room was on the 3rd floor, nr319.

Finally, the place doesn't hold a bar, or anything of that sort, as there is a pub right next door, and I can see already why they wouldn't bother. The patrons of the place are mostly itinerant retirees, and middle aged families with pre-teenagers.

So, if it is on your way to somewhere north or south, and you want a nice view for one night, why not. If you intend to stay for a week, I am certain you can find more for less, somewhere else.
Anyway, for business, it isn't the best choice.

Room Tip: spend the extra $$ and get yourselves the room facing the water. If not, you'll face parking lot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Ktulu:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you again for staying with us recently. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel's staff and that they were able to accomodate you during your stay. Please be assured that I will review your comments with our staff and that several of our guest's do love the restaurant and bar next door as they provide a great Northwest feel.

The hotel does offer a complimentary evening reception every Tuesday night for our guest's, which does include snacks as well as Northwest Wine and Beer.

Mark Lee

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo? Share your experiences!