“Excellent in all respects” 5 of 5 stars

Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo
718 Front Street, Mukilteo, WA 98275   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Ann Arbor
“Excellent in all respects”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I wanted a place in a pleasant location and treated myself by being willing to pay more than the usual budget motel by the highway. I was not disappointed. This is a small hotel right on Puget Sound, and that's the view you get from the common areas and the breakfast area. (Rooms with that view cost more, and I didn't have one of those rooms.)

Rooms are clean, modern, and with all the modern convenienes. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast comes with the room and I would rank it "very good" (not great).

All in all, the place is a definite winner.There is not much to do right n town, but there are a couple of restaurants and it's a pleasant location.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, choose a room with a view of Puget Sound.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear biophiliac:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you so kindly for your comments! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as that our rooms were up to your satisfaction.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else.

Mark Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Well, mixed feelings altogether.

My company sent me to Boeing for a meeting and due to some sport festival in town, every single hotel was booked out. So I stayed there as that was one of the only rooms left in the city.

The place is clean, well meant and the staff is really nice.
The hotel is okay, aside for being a bit dated and maybe could be refreshed accordingly (old TV, old furniture's etc..).
The breakfast was okay, slightly better than average Marriot's experience, but nothing to make you put the alarm on, not to miss it!

The hotel is stuck at the bottom of a hill, facing the sound, between the train station (behind) and the ferry wharf, on the west. If you are looking for a nice view and quiet experience, face the water and be as East as possible, as the occasional 'horn' of the ferry is really not so pleasant when you hear it at 5AM on the first ferry crossing of the day (and every 25mn from there on). Plus, as we are/were in summer, all the first vehicle to disembark were all the motorcycles (HD's) and their loud exhausts.

So, not the place to be in the morning, while dealing with Jet lag.
FYI, my room was on the 3rd floor, nr319.

Finally, the place doesn't hold a bar, or anything of that sort, as there is a pub right next door, and I can see already why they wouldn't bother. The patrons of the place are mostly itinerant retirees, and middle aged families with pre-teenagers.

So, if it is on your way to somewhere north or south, and you want a nice view for one night, why not. If you intend to stay for a week, I am certain you can find more for less, somewhere else.
Anyway, for business, it isn't the best choice.

Room Tip: spend the extra $$ and get yourselves the room facing the water. If not, you'll face parking lot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Ktulu:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you again for staying with us recently. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel's staff and that they were able to accomodate you during your stay. Please be assured that I will review your comments with our staff and that several of our guest's do love the restaurant and bar next door as they provide a great Northwest feel.

The hotel does offer a complimentary evening reception every Tuesday night for our guest's, which does include snacks as well as Northwest Wine and Beer.

If I can ever be of any service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Oh my goodness, on a recommendation from my cousin who lives with her family in the area, we stayed for one night on our way to Vancouver, BC - highly, highly recommend this little gem, hidden on a pretty long road that leads you to the ocean. You are right next door to the ferry, pretty cool; we are from Florida, so all this is new to us. We really enjoyed the hotel, staff very friendly, the views will take your breath away. If you are on your way North, I recommend this little gem to rest and recharge. Breakfast is great, again the views are awesome.

Room Tip: stay in room with water views !!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear mlg214:

Good morning and thank you so much for staying with our property recently. I am so pleased that the recommendation you recevied delighted you.

If I can ever be of any service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a small bike group of 11 staying at this hotel and not only did the staff go above and beyond to accommodate all our cycling needs, but the location, rooms and little extras were excellent. We happened to be there on an evening when they offered wine and snacks (the snacks were amazing - like fresh shrimp and yummy sushi), plus the free breakfast was outstanding. This place definitely gets two thumbs up !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear ytc50:

Good morning from Mukilteo, and thank you again to everyone for staying with us. I am so pleased to read that everyone enjoyed their stay with us.

Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We are impressed with the Silver Cloud Hotel in Mukilteo. Needed to stay in Mukilteo 1 night in transit during a larger trip. Usually we choose more budget oriented hotels if we are just 'in transit.' However, hotel rooms were scarce on the weekend night we trying to reserve, and Silver Cloud Mukilteo had a vacancy. We were extremely pleased to find our room with large windows that opened and with a side view of Puget Sound. The fresh salt air in our room was so refreshing. The room was well appointed, spacious, well decorated and clean. The beds were very comfortable. We requested a quiet room and received one on the north side of the building, facing a quiet beach access road. An active railroad track is about a block east of this hotel but the room we stayed in was on the north side of the hotel and about a block away from where the road crosses the rail line and there was very little train noise in our room - thankfully. The lobby and lounge area fronts right on the water where there is usually lots of boat and/or scuba diving activity to watch. The breakfast variety was generous -- delicious maple scented sausages, scrambled eggs, good varieties of breads, juices, yogurts and teas. The hotel staff was smiling and gracious. I have stayed in hotels in nearby Edmonds before and this Silver Cloud in Mukilteo was a much better experience for me. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front part of the hotel might be subject to train noises, especially the ones on th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear BABASMOM:

Thank you so much for such a great review. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able accomodate you during such a sunny season. If I can ever be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Beautiful location, very comfortable and homey hotel, and a great staff. Right on the water, I loved relaxing in the lobby and looking out over the sound. Breakfast was excellent, eggs, waffles, many different breads and great juice and coffee. They even had an afternoon reception with top notch beer and smoked salmon among other things. Certainly not the cheapest hotel you'll find, but excellent in all regards otherwise.

Room Tip: Get an ice cream at the adjacent, outdoor Ivars fish bar.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear JeffandMonica:

Good morning and thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and Tuesday night reception. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything at all.

QUINCY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have stayed here several times and it is a great place. They have a nice continental breakfast and they are right on the water. Front Desk is always pleasant everytime we are there. They have a washer and dryer on the third floor if you need it.

Room Tip: if you can afford it the king suite jacuzzi is a must. If you can afford the upgrade get on the wat...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Pandee:

Good morning from Mukilteo! Thank you so kindly for such a great review. I am so pleased to read that our front desk staff exceeds your expectations. If I can ever be of any service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Mark Lee

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo? Share your experiences!