“Close proximity to a lot of things but that is it” 3 of 5 stars

Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Freeway Drive, Mount Vernon, WA 98273   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Vancouver, Canada
“Close proximity to a lot of things but that is it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here over the long weekend and was pleasantly suprised to find the accesibility of the hotel from the I5. Close driving distance to the Bay View State park (off exit 231), shopping and the renowned Cascade mall. The room itself was clean and quite. The bed was fairly soft, but that could just be me because, I like a firmer mattress. I would say the value for money this is a good deal but I am sure for the same price you could do better. The front desk staff was very helpful and obliging and there was an all you can eat sushi place close by that gave a real good bang for the buck. Teh water pressur in the shower was not very strong and for some reason the water would not drain quickly ennough so all through the shower you would have your feet in a puddle. The breakfast was a let down. Nothing to write home about. Infact we did nto find it appitizing enough to even try out anything. The coffee was decent but that was all I had. Again please note this is my personal observation and nothing that the hotel did wrong. That is just what was available and I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Puyallup, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed Friday night June 21st,2013 for the Dirt Cup noticed a plastic baggie wrapped around the smoke detector on the way out of the room just great.Been staying here since 1994 this hotel is going down hill .Continental breakfast is a joke might as well go to IHOP.

Room Tip: Parkin lot sucks if you come late hardly any parking left.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
tulipinn, Manager at Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear RTSB:
Thank you for your review of our property and we are very sorry your stay was not satisfactory. Our hotel is a 100% Smoke Free Facility and unfortunately some of our guests still prefer to smoke in the rooms by covering up the smoke detectors. Our staff is diligent about these issues but sometimes these items do get overlooked.
Our breakfast served in our lobby from 7 AM to 9 AM is a Continental Breakfast as we do not have cooking facilities available. The breakfast consists of Bagels & Cream Cheese , English Muffins , Danishes, Muffin Slices, Pound Cake, Raisin Bread, Multi Grain Bread, Hard Boiled Eggs, Special K Cereal , Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, Honey Nut Cheerios, Yogurt, Hot Oatmeal, Bananas, Apples and Oranges. For beverages, Coffee, Tea, Orange Juice, Milk and Hot Chocolate are available.
Again we are very sorry your stay was not as pleasant as you have had in the past.
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The room was not very soundproof, especially when the bathroom door was open. The bed was comfy and we slept well after a tiresome day. The breakfast did not have waffles, but had poppy seeds bread, yogurt, cheese crackers, choco bread, bagels, danish, muffins, bread and butter, fruits, juice. The breakfast room and check-in lobby were the same, we had to take the items in a tray to our room. The coffee was good. We stayed on one of the rooms in the ground floor, the safety latch was broken.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a pretty average motel. The room was clean, but a bit tired. Beds were comfortable. It was not very soundproof, as our room backed onto the freeway so we closed the bathroom door to muffle the sound of highway noise. We could also hear the people in the next room apparently vacuuming at 9:00 PM (not sure what that was about) and voices of people outside the room, but it was quiet after about 10:00 so did not keep us awake. The WIFI worked great, no issues connecting. The continental breakfast was pretty basic, and no tables or anywhere to sit so I guess you are supposed to take it back to your room to eat it. Staff were friendly and helpful giving directions to downtown and the tulip fields. Overall a decent place in a convenient, easy to find location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel sounded fine on their website and even in TripAdvisor reviews; but frankly, for 69.00 per night, I didn't expect a great experience. I should have been smarter.I booked a 2 night reservation. The swing lock was broken. As a single female traveler booked into the ground floor facing the parking lot, I felt really unsafe. The curtains were torn all the way thru, the chair upholstery had several 8" tears on the seat with the foam poking through. The armoire housing the tv had broken handles hanging down on its drawers. I tried to iron my white linen shirt for a gallery opening and the iron leaked water ALL over the shirt and ironing board! I had also booked a room for my brother and his TV picture would not come on, although the light inside the tv was on and glowing. Worst was the little worm like bugs that I found on my clothing the following morning. It creeped me out big time. I gave the hotel staff a list of the problems and they did replace the torn chairs and the torn curtain. The lock remained broken.The broken handle remained hanging forlornly. No message, no offer to change my room, no apology for bugs and sub par room. Do Not book this hotel. Consider yourself forewarned.

Room Tip: Book the Best Western which was about 1 block away.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Comox
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. The rooms are quite dated - some of the furniture could stand replacing. Not very soundproof - we were kept awake by outside vocal exchanges and then woken up at 6:30 by the same thing. Comfortable beds, also very clean and by far the cheapest accommodation we could find in Mount Vernon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eagletown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I called to reserve my room for ten nights. When I make it to the lobby I was greeted with a very friendly smile and quickly checked into my room.
Of course the place is dated BUT I say that this is the cleanest, well kept place I've ever stayed in.
Housekeeping came by twice a day for the ppl that worked days AND nights which was awesome because my hubby was working nights. The rooms were quiet, I never heard the ppl next door.
Overall I would definitely stay here instead of a overpriced place without the charming ambience!

• Stayed March 2013
#4 of 5 in Mount Vernon
3.0 of 5 stars 108 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington

Been to Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!