“Interesting choices in breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Freeway Drive, Mount Vernon, WA 98273   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Mount Vernon
Austin
“Interesting choices in breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The room was not very soundproof, especially when the bathroom door was open. The bed was comfy and we slept well after a tiresome day. The breakfast did not have waffles, but had poppy seeds bread, yogurt, cheese crackers, choco bread, bagels, danish, muffins, bread and butter, fruits, juice. The breakfast room and check-in lobby were the same, we had to take the items in a tray to our room. The coffee was good. We stayed on one of the rooms in the ground floor, the safety latch was broken.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a pretty average motel. The room was clean, but a bit tired. Beds were comfortable. It was not very soundproof, as our room backed onto the freeway so we closed the bathroom door to muffle the sound of highway noise. We could also hear the people in the next room apparently vacuuming at 9:00 PM (not sure what that was about) and voices of people outside the room, but it was quiet after about 10:00 so did not keep us awake. The WIFI worked great, no issues connecting. The continental breakfast was pretty basic, and no tables or anywhere to sit so I guess you are supposed to take it back to your room to eat it. Staff were friendly and helpful giving directions to downtown and the tulip fields. Overall a decent place in a convenient, easy to find location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel sounded fine on their website and even in TripAdvisor reviews; but frankly, for 69.00 per night, I didn't expect a great experience. I should have been smarter.I booked a 2 night reservation. The swing lock was broken. As a single female traveler booked into the ground floor facing the parking lot, I felt really unsafe. The curtains were torn all the way thru, the chair upholstery had several 8" tears on the seat with the foam poking through. The armoire housing the tv had broken handles hanging down on its drawers. I tried to iron my white linen shirt for a gallery opening and the iron leaked water ALL over the shirt and ironing board! I had also booked a room for my brother and his TV picture would not come on, although the light inside the tv was on and glowing. Worst was the little worm like bugs that I found on my clothing the following morning. It creeped me out big time. I gave the hotel staff a list of the problems and they did replace the torn chairs and the torn curtain. The lock remained broken.The broken handle remained hanging forlornly. No message, no offer to change my room, no apology for bugs and sub par room. Do Not book this hotel. Consider yourself forewarned.

Room Tip: Book the Best Western which was about 1 block away.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Comox
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. The rooms are quite dated - some of the furniture could stand replacing. Not very soundproof - we were kept awake by outside vocal exchanges and then woken up at 6:30 by the same thing. Comfortable beds, also very clean and by far the cheapest accommodation we could find in Mount Vernon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eagletown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I called to reserve my room for ten nights. When I make it to the lobby I was greeted with a very friendly smile and quickly checked into my room.
Of course the place is dated BUT I say that this is the cleanest, well kept place I've ever stayed in.
Housekeeping came by twice a day for the ppl that worked days AND nights which was awesome because my hubby was working nights. The rooms were quiet, I never heard the ppl next door.
Overall I would definitely stay here instead of a overpriced place without the charming ambience!

• Stayed March 2013
Mukilteo, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I made an online reservation for the Tulip Inn for a two night stay and received a confirming email. I later received a call saying that the motel was booked for the 2nd night and they needed to cancel my reservation. They did not offer any recourse other than for me to call another hotel.

I will not bother making a reservation with them again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cowichan Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was travelling by myself and stopped here for the night.
It was Clean & Safe at a very good price.
The lady at the front desk at night was extremely helpful and made sure that I got a
comfortable room, it had a kitchen if you need to make your own meals,
I wanted breakfast in the morning and got there at 9.30 got my coffee and went to turn to get
a muffin and the Morning clerk whisked the tray right out of its display case without even asking me if I wanted any. I thought he was extremely rude to have done such a thing.
He told me that breakfast was over, and did I not read the sign on the window. Ha!!!

Other than that strange incident I would recommend this motel if you need a quick night stay at a good price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!