“Very nice for the money!” 4 of 5 stars

Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Freeway Drive, Mount Vernon, WA 98273   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Austin, TX
“Very nice for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Older motel but well maintained. The front desk personnel were very pleasant and well informed about the nearby activities. Nothing was new but owners have done everything possible with the age of the facility to provide you with a nice, clean place to stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We had a horrible experience at this motel! In the middle of the night a man was pounding on the door. When he finally went away, I looked out the window and he was in the parking lot staring up into our room window and shaking his fists! I called the desk, no answer so had to call the police. The next day at check out, the clerk said the only way to access the night clerk was to go to the office and ring the outside bell. I was not about to leave the room with that man in the parking lot. I did not feel safe at this motel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
tulipinn, Manager at Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear YummyJam:

We are very very sorry you and your family were woken up by this man. We are not sure why a man would be pounding on the door in the middle of the night, and have to assume he was not a guest at our establishment. We take our guests concerns and comments very seriously, and have made changes to ensure this does not happen again. Again we would like to apologize to you and your family for this experience.

Doug Whitcher
Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

A reasonable location (close to supermarkets, fast food places and not much else except for the highway) but perfect for us. Breakfast was a bit basic which was fine but you had to take it back to your room or eat outside as nowhere to eat it. Rooms were more than adequate.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I spent the weekend at this hotel this past week. I have to say I got a great rate and the location couldn't be better. The furnishings in the room are more than adequate. The towels weren't the best and the maid service left a little to be desired. For the money and for my expectations I felt this property represented a great value. My suggestion and only complaint had to do with the noise level transmitted from people running along the outside hall or going up and down the stairs. If I were to recommend a suggestion I'd book either a ground floor or an end room away from the main staircase. Since there seemed to be a lot of school groups staying here there was a lot of running around and the noise transmits easily to the 2nd floor especially since I was across from the stairs. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Wa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stayed one night, on our way home, after taking the North Cascades Scenic drive, coming from the east.
We had a bit of trouble finding this place. There is a Walmart across the street, and restaurants in the area.
The room was nice, clean and comfy, 2 Q with a kitchenette. The free wifi was good. Continental breakfast was very sparse, with only coffee, juice, rolls, and fruit, (I think), that you picked up in the small office.
The evening clerk was nice and helpful. The morning couple seemed not too friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I loved the Tulip Inn when we got there, the staff were very friendly when we checked in. Prices were pretty reasonable, and they didn't require a credit card to hold on file, which we appreciated.

The rooms were very nice, looked as though they'd been recently remodeled, and they had done a good jobs doing so. They were also clean, the beds were unbelievably comfortable (more comfortable than my own bed at home!), and the pillows were nice and fluffy.

I did notice one of the blankets on one of the beds had a huge rip at the seam. Which was no big deal to us, and we didn't end up using the blanket anyways but had removed it from the bed, as the blankets are white and I didn't want our kids getting them dirty.

They had cable, with a great selection of channels, also very much appreciated!

As we were cleaning up and getting ready for check out the next morning, we noticed there was a random shoe under the bed that someone who'd stayed before must have forgotten, so we set it in the window sill so the cleaning service would know.

Well something came up later that day and we ended up needing to stay another night. Again the staff was very friendly and even gave us a discount! They also gave us the same room..

We again took the blankets off the bed so they wouldn't get dirty, and noticed that the exact same bed had the exact same rip in the blanket, but we didn't think too hard on it and just figured it was a coincidence.

We got a very good night's sleep and the next morning as we were again getting ready for check out and cleaning up our things, we found that same forgotten shoe shoved back under the bed.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it does make you wonder how well they clean the rooms if they didn't seem to change the blankets and couldn't remove a random shoe from the room.

I plan to call the owners of the hotel and inform them of our findings. However, I do want to say that I would stay at this hotel again. I liked it very much, and will feel much better once I let them know about the blanket and the shoe, and we do plan to stay there again when we make our next trip to Mount Vernon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

This was the second year I stayed at the Tulip Inn while attending the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. It is very easy access off of I-5. From the inn you can take a side road into downtown or out into the tulip fields without having to go back on the freeway, avoiding a lot of the traffic. It is near a number of shopping areas with banks, restaurants, gas stations, shopping, etc., but far enough away to be quiet. It offers a continental breakfast. Our room had two queen beds, WiFi, a mini-refrigerator, microwave, and air conditioning, as well as cable TV. The decor is very pleasant, and the beds were comfortable. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. The prices are excellent for the amenities.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!