“Family fun. Go elsewhere if you want to "party hard all night long."” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Mayfield Marina Resort & RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossyrock
Lake Mayfield Marina Resort & RV Park
You added Lake Mayfield Marina Resort & RV Park to your Saves list
350 Hadaller Road, Mossyrock, WA 98564   |
Chehalis, Washington
“Family fun. Go elsewhere if you want to "party hard all night long."”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Haven't been to the site in years and was pleasantly surprised by all the new development. Clean and organized with the somewhat rare combination of hotel rooms with marina so I didn't have to take the boat in and out of the water(always a pain). Rooms were basic, but clean - they did have small kitchens which was helpful to feed the family, but there is a restaurant that serves an impressive steak - we only ate there once, but would plan to utilize on next trip.
One caveat . . . I was there during a weekend at end of july/beginning of august and there was a rowdy biker group(in fact I think one of the irate comments on trip advisor is likely from that group given the specifics mentioned) I had to rate down "sleep quality" due to their presence - but things got much better after they were escorted by the highway patrol out of the park after they threatened the staff(yes I witnessed).
Overall, good experience for families and those looking to enjoy the outdoors/lake. If you are looking for someplace to "party hard all night long", you'd be better off going elsewhere - and the rest of us will appreciate it too!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My family and best friends family have spent many weekends up at this resort and we have had nothing but a great time!!! They do have quiet time after 10:00 pm, and they do enforce this for everyone at the resort. Sounds to me someone wanted a party resort, because this place is geared around families. The family atmosphere is what we like most about this resort.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Olympia, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

I have never seen so many rules and regulations at a campground. The place was a complete dust pit and was so poorly managed I can't believe they are in business. The owner is a very mean, rude, and disrespectful person. He is a verbally abusive toward everyone. I was actually kicked out of the park for talking in a normal voice after 10pm. The Lake is nice, but I would rather sleep in the ditch on Hwy 12 than stay in this park. Will never go back and I hope people read reviews on places before they go......Wished I did.......

scappoose, Oregon, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

My class reunion reserved our campsites, rooms and rv sites months in advance. We were put somewhat together which was good. The area was kept very clean and the restaurant was delish. Now the bad. RULES are impossible. Everywhere you turned there !!! marking a new rule. They even told you wipe down the bathroom counters after you used the sink. We rented rooms at $150 a night only to have zero room service. We were there for 2 days and only had 2 towels between us, they didn't clean the room and threatened to charge our credit card $30 if we stained a towel. There were more rules stating we must leave the room tiddy and take out our own garbage when we left! The RV sites are on gravel and you are expected to be in your room or rv by 10 PM sharp or they WILL throw you out in the middle of the night. We know, they did it to several RV campers. I will not be back there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Gresham, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I would like to add my 2 cents about the owner as well. We rented a waver runner from another company on the lake and was told that we could go to the Marina and get gas for it. We pulled up to the dock to purchase the $3.99 a gallon gas and was met by the owner and his henchman. He asked us where we rented the wave runner and we told him. He proceeded to go off on our rental company and refused us gas, accusing them of all kinds of things. There was no reasoning with the guy, who by the way looked liked he just crawled out of the woods. This so called "owner" has no business sense whatsoever and has never taken a class on customer service. Can I say the word "referal" which he has never heard because this customer will not set foot near near there or recommend the place to anyone. The "owner" has a restaurant and store in his establishment. Why would I want to drive up to his docks and spend any money in fear that the "delivereance boys" will show up with a gun and curse me out for wanting to drop a few dollars his directions. This backwards thinking keeps Lewis County one of the poorest in the state with some of the richest natural beauty in the US...go figure! It was just rediculous. Mayfield Lake is gorgeous and I would recommend it to anyone. Our Wave Runner company bent over backwards to deliver us gas to our dock and we had a fantastic day.

Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Today while checking out this resort with my children and getting ready to book a spot for our next vacation we were walking with our children and came upon a man who was yelling at another man. Calling him foul names, being aggressive with his movements and just down right out of control. Wondering what was going on and who this person was and why no one in control was taking control I asked a near by passer. I was informed this crude, foul mouthed individual was Jerry, "THE OWNER" Well we did not book, and strongly advise anyone looking to book to stay far away. From reports this man is very aggressive, rude, and has no qualms about treating people like they are absolute garbage simply because he is the owner. It is time to send this individual a message....and let him have his whole facility to himself. The more I check into this the worse stories I read and hear. BEWARE... DO NOT STAY AT THIS RESORT

Federal Way, Wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

A little deceiving on the internet. The pictures of the beautiful trees and water was nice to look at. Assumed my camp sight would look similar..NOT! Parking lot with gravel, side by side with other RV's and a patch of grass with a firepit. All for 38.00 dollars per night with hook up. Well, not my idea of camping. Friendly people that run it but, no Locks on the bathroom doors! They close bathrooms nearest the parking lot campers at 10pm. All night you hear the people walking on the gravel to the bathrooms down the way.

I do not think I will be back!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Lake Mayfield Marina Resort & RV Park? Share your experiences!