“Best choice in Moses Lake” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Moses Lake
westcoast
“Best choice in Moses Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here while exploring the areas in and around Moses Lake. Comfortable, well maintained property, with newer bed, flat screen TV, and comfortable breakfast area, immediately off the I-90 highway, and across the street from a Starbucks and other fast food locations. Take an afternoon, and drive up thru the Columbia canyon north and east of Moses Lake for some truly unusual and interesting geologic sites.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We found ourselves at this location after our truck broke down just outside of Moses Lake on Saturday evening. Upon arrival we noticed that the lobby was really nice.... And that was the best part. The woman at the front desk wasn't very friendly. She was on her way to deliver a rollaway to a room and had a look if annoyance as we stood there waiting to check in. I'm sorry that we wanted to give you money. We hardly finished the check in before she rushed around the counter to ride the elevator up with us. It seemed odd that she ran around without shoes. We were booked into an ada room, which was OK. It must have been the last one. It was clean... And was pretty basic. We left our room to use the business center to find a restaurant to eat at. The tray of cookies still had the plastic wrap pushed to the end of the tray. Not a big deal but presentation is everything. We found a restaurant and wanted to use the lobby phone to call a cab. I dialed 9 like the directions said to and I thought nothing of it when I heard the desk phone ring. All of sudden I hear on the phone in a very rude tone "room number!?!" I hung up from being surprised. I tried again thinking I did something wrong and I hear "MA'AM!!!!!" the guest she was checking in even looked around the wall to look at us. I could only imagine what she had been saying. Then I hear her answer the phone and say will you come to the front desk to get it??? The phones are going crazy. I only assume it was a guest. The desk staff were not friendly, the didn't greet us at checkout so I just decided to walk out. Oh and how about that lovely 830am housekeeping knock???? So much for a 12 checkout. I was just not impressed by this location. We moved to the Inn at Moses Lake and the stay was 10 times better. My boyfriend even said so. The night girl seemed too stressed to work a Saturday night by herself.

I work at the holiday inn and I don't believe I will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Owner at Holiday Inn Express and Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. We truly appreciate this feedback and these issues will be addressed immediately. Our goal here at our hotel is to offer a great room with great service to every guest every time. As the owner of this hotel I truly apologize that this was not achieved while you stayed with us here. We hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future, I promise that you will truly enjoy your stay.
seattle, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stay at a lot of HIE's. This one hits right in the middle of the quality bar; it was built probably 10 years ago and has been well cared for, but is due for a renovation soon. We were greeted very warmly by Sherry who was able to meet our room preferences (including an early check in) Our room was moderately spacious, very clean and comfortable. The beds were firm and the linens crisp. The bathroom was fine. The flat screen TV was a bit small (32" ?) but worked well as did the wi-fi. Only one of the two lamps had an A/C outlet so we had to plug the other laptop into a somewhat inconvenient wall outlet. Our room was quiet (I didn't need to use earplugs,yay!) with a view of the mostly quiet freeway. There are a fair amount of eating choices nearby and a Starbucks as well. The price was a tad high for an unrenovated HIE, but standard none-the-less. The overnight clerk conveyed a disinterest in her job, mostly in contrast to the day staff. We didn't stay for breakfast. All in all, certainly satisfactory for a night!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ely
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

2 queens, 4 towels, fridge, and microwave. The room was very nice. Some of our party thought the beds were too firm and some thought they were too soft. The chair wasn't comfortable for sleeping in if you have back issues. We were in room 230 and had A LOT of pool noise. The front clerk didn't mention that when she checked me in. There wasn't a good makeup mirror for someone who needs to be close. The sink was nice and deep so the counter didn't get all wet. We couldn't keep the water from getting outside the shower. We wanted to empty our garbage in the car but there was no garbage can in front of the hotel. The ironing board works great to put your toiletry kit on so it doesn't get wet on the bathroom counter. I set it up outside the bathroom door and it also provides another barrier if someone tries to get in the room.

Room Tip: Ask if your room is over the pool!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The cleanness of the room and the lounge. I noticed my room was very well maintained in a way that I felt they wiped the floor and counter surfaces everyday. It was not unnoticeable. Also the reception staff (Cathy, Tim, Jamie and the other ladies that I can't recall their names) were super friendly. Kathy and Tim know me well since I stay there every time. Oh and the lady who works in the breakfast lounge was super friendly and immediately remembered my face when I had my first breakfast. In all, my stay could NOT have been better and I will choose this hotel for my next work trip to the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Every year I visit family in Moses Lake over the 4th of July weekend and for the past several years have truly enjoyed this hotel. It's new. The rooms are spacious. The hotel is kept in meticulous condition. Very clean. As we've stayed over the 4th of July weekends, I can attest that they soundproof the rooms pretty well. As we retired for the night, we were not bothered by the ongoing fireworks going on. The breakfast choices are pretty good. We were bummed the pancake machine did not work the morning we ate there, but we made do with all the rest. It's not the cheapest place to stay in town, but in my mind, it's the best.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the 3rd floor, it's the quietest.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Spokane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I cannot believe the prices of these hotels in Moses Lake, but we were stuck over a barrel head as we needed to book a room on graduation weekend as well as tournament time. I had stayed next door last year and enjoyed it, but apparently it was full; I was told that I had snagged the last room at Holiday Inn Express (I'm going to believe it because I went down the list of hotels and received all no's). The beds and pillow met my requirement for sleeping (soft); the room had a microwave and refrigerator (helpful). The facility appeared clean, and the bathroom was nice too. I felt safe at this hotel.The breakfast had a good selection for free, and the taste was fine. The dining room attendant was very nice and pleasant. My only complaint is that we booked the room for three people, and, at the last moment, my mother and I had to cancel part of our stay as my husband was hospitalized; they refused to charge my sister for just one person. We didn't ask for the charge to reflect fewer beds than in the room (although my sister did offer to move to a smaller room, which was refused - perhaps the smaller rooms were full), just fewer people.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. I am so sorry that we did not have any rooms at a lower price when you arrived at our hotel. Graduation is one of our busiest weekends of the year and we tend to fill up really fast. Holiday Inn Express does not charge per person when there are only 2 adults or under, so having only one in the room does not affect the price. Sorry about this miscommunication, we will make sure to address this during reservations better in the future. Thanks again and we hope to see you again next year!

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites? Share your experiences!