“Generous and fresh” 4 of 5 stars

Transit: On Site.
Vancouver, Canada
“Generous and fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We dined here as part of a package that included a meal credit. We both had the scallops. They were a very generous portion, and cooked to perfection. Our server was average, the service somewhat perfunctory.
There was a heavy odour of smoke from the adjacent casino which did diminish our enjoyment.
Would we return? In a heartbeat, but only if they do something about the smoke.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ben R, Social Media Manager at Blackfish Grill, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Great review! Scallops are such a wonderful dish, I'm glad yours were made to your enjoyment. Thanks also for the feedback about the smoke. I've passed your review to our management team, so they can evaluate that for the future. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again,

Australia
“Great Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a great casino ..... we often stay here in our RV (complimentary) and visit the restaurants. We enjoyed the Tuesday evening seafood buffet this week - the selections were extensive but the crab a bit disappointing as it consisted only of legs (no body). The desert selection was the best I have seen and very yummy. There was a large queue to get seated, so I would say arrive as early as you can.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chemainus, Canada
“Don't miss this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We loved our experience here! I highly recommend the Parmesan crusted halibut and Heritage salmon on a stick. Great service and great food. Worth every penny!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your review! Yes, I really enjoy the halibut - I'm glad you do too. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again,
British Columbia
“Accommodating and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were able to use our$40 per person food credit here. The server was very accommodating to changing around the preset menu for my husband. My meal was great. We enjoyed a nice local vintage(can't use food credit for liquor or gratuities) so our meal was not cheap but we enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend this eatery to others. No dress code. I quote "we want our guests to feel comfortable". And we did!

Visited September 2013
Ben R, Social Media Manager at Blackfish Grill, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Oh I'm so glad you had a great time at Blackfish! We DO want our guests to feel comfortable. Thanks for your visit and your review. Come back soon!
“I Real Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

First time at this restaraunt. Decided to have dinner before the concert at The casino.
We had the lobster starter which was to die for!!!!!I had the salmon with the butter lemon sauce and it really was good!!! my friend had the parmigon crusted halibut utterly wonderful!!!
The risotto side was average at best and the asparagus was good nothing special. The service was wonderfull and she was very knowledgable about the menue! All in all it was a wonderfull experience!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ben R, Social Media Manager at Blackfish Grill, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
WOW what a glowing review! Thank you so much for writing it. Plus you've made me hungry by mentioning all the food you loved... :) Hope to see you here again soon.