“excellent value for the price, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buffalo Run Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marblemount
Buffalo Run Inn
You added Buffalo Run Inn to your Saves list
60117 State Route 20, Marblemount, WA 98267   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marblemount
Worcester, Massachusetts
“excellent value for the price, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The inn has a great location near Norht Cascades National Park. It is right next to the Cascade pass drive whihc gives you access to the most popular and best hikes in the park viz. Cascades pass, Doubtful Lake, Hidden Lake. It is also close to Concrete which has a great pizza restaurant (Annie's). It is 10 mts away from Cascadian farm which offers great homemade ice cream. The rooms were clean and spacious. Wifi signal was strong. Buffalo run inn restaurant provides excellent meals prepared from fresh ingredients.

tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
A BIG THANK YOU for the wonderful 5 STAR review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at Buffalo Run Inn during the North Cascades National Park leg of our 10-day vacation in Washington. The Inn was a fairly convenient home-base for our treks into the park. The inn itself is comfortable: the furnishing and rooms were newly renovated, we had TV and wifi (after requesting the password from the innkeepers...), and the breakfasts were good. I liked that the breakfasts are self-serve since we were often out and about by 6:00AM. Also, the price cannot be beat. Easily the most economical place we stayed during our vacation and the hotel was far nicer than so many other places in the same price range.

The location is in a very small town though, so don't expect to have cell-phone service or very many places to eat.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2- it was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
THANK YOU for the great 4 STAR review!
Fond Du Lac
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I will start with the positive. The room was beautiful and very clean. It was spacious, quiet, and I have no complaints about it at all. Just based on the room I would have rated it a 5. I would stay here again.

The negative - There is an atmosphere of "unfriendliness" about this place. I am a "rules abiding" person so it felt strange to me to have so many rules with consequences listed, a lock on the refrigerator, with security cameras pointed at it. I was willing to give the owner the benefit of the doubt knowing that he has to deal with a lot of people who maybe don't follow the rules. But when I read some of the comments from the owner on this site it makes me wonder about his attitude. However, I did not meet him so I form my opinions on the above information.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank You for the Four Star review! I am intrigued by the negative part of your review! You say there is an "atmosphere of unfriendliness" about our inn! This is the first I heard about the problem! The security cameras are there so if something happens to our guest or to the property, we will have it recorded! The refrigerator is locked during the day, because it is filled with goodies for the continental breakfast and if you don't think that the food will disappear during the day, you are living in another world! I have a realistic attitude, as I deal with thousands of people each year and 99.9% of them are absolutely fabulous! There are however, the other fraction of a percent that require rules, because they do whatever they feel like and don't really give a damn about anybody else!
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms are clean , but very small. Quiet place.The rooms are suitable for sleep only- no space for TV watching or other activities with kids.Outside temperature was high, no airconditonig was in the room , needed to open the window- was noise to sleep, because the highway is right outside

tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank You for the incomplete Three Star review! You failed to mention that you were staying upstairs in the budget Hostel! Which has five bedrooms, a TV lounge and two shared bathrooms. Did you expect a three room suite for $59.00?
Odessa,FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent 3 nights here while exploring North Cascades National Park. We were in Room 10, which had a kitchenette. Our room was clean and comfortable. It was nice to be so close to the hikes we wanted to do each day. We used the outside grill, and combined with our kitchenette, made our own healthy dinners.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
THANK YOU for the very nice 4 STAR review! I am glad that you enjoyed the room and the outside Bar-B-Q!
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Cascade Hwy has very limited accommodations if you want to hike Cascade Pass. We stayed at Buffalo Run Inn in Marblemount for two nights and felt it was great for a motel in the middle of nowhere. We had room 4 in the back which was very quiet with a private bath. The room was small but spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable. I did like that it had a mini fridge that ran pretty quiet.
Check in was at the restaurant across the street but wasn't a big deal, we just parked at the Inn and walked across. We delt with the owner for check in and he was pleasant and helpful. If you are checking in after hours make sure you ask how to do that since cell phones don't work there.
We did eat at the restaurant, it was a little pricey (although not really if you come from NY) and had a limited menu but you are in the middle of nowhere so that should be expected. If you want to eat Buffalo this is the place to go. My husband had Buffalo stroganoff which was fabulous. I had the chicken dish (not sure the name). It was ok just not to my taste. The one minor complaint I had was with the waitress. She wasn't all that friendly and when I asked a simple question about the ingredients in the vegetable lazagne she looked at me like I had two heads. She then came back and said the kitchen was busy and she couldn't find out. That's a strange response so I ordered the chicken. Later the owner came out to talk to clients and I found out he had run out of the fresh veggies he puts in it so it wasn't really a good choice that night. That I certainly understand and wish the waitress just said that.

Breakfast was fine for continental. There was a wide selection in the fridge but we were in there at the very start so it is possible that things run out.

We did have a problem with the WiFi. We couldn't get on but we could live without it.

And just some friendly advise to the owner, don't be so sarcastic in your responses in this forum. You are much friendlier in person than you are perceived on this site and it is a bit of a turn off. I was very leery about staying there but was happily surprised.

Secondly, turn off the OPEN sign after hours. We were woken up by someone banging a very long time on the door looking for a room at 12:30 am since the sign was still on.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
THANK YOU for the wonderful 4 STAR review! I am sorry about the waitress and her answer. Some of the youngsters we have working for us are a little rough around the edges! I also must apologize for the person banging on the door at 12:30 AM. We are the nicest lodging around and they think we have rooms waiting, even if they don't make a reservation!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed for one night at room 8. It is modern and roomy. I felt like I was at someone's house not at the Inn. It is so clean and cozy. Great place to stay while you are hiking at National Park! Please check out their restaurant and try the fresh catch fish. You will love it!

tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
WOW! THANK YOU for the GREAT 5 STAR review! It's nice to know that our customers appreciate our efforts!

Been to Buffalo Run Inn? Share your experiences!