“must stop by if in Chelan - Best Winery in Chelan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards

Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards
300 Ivan Morse Rd, Manson, WA 98831 (Formerly Balsamroot)
+1 509-687-3000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 9 attractions in Manson
Type: Wineries
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Lake Chelan wine country at its best! Try the delicious reds and crisp whites on the beautiful patio at Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards. A family-owned, boutique winery specializing in small-batch processing and creating premium wines. Producing just 3000 cases per year and focusing on quality rather than quantity. A place to relax, meet friends and experience exquisite wines in the quiet beauty of the vineyard and orchards. Try the dynamite cheese plate or bring your own picnic. Open daily. Call for seasonal hours.
Fremantle, Australia
“must stop by if in Chelan - Best Winery in Chelan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed our stop at the winery. The winemakers were great and I felt their wines were the best by far in Chelan. They top the best in Washington in my opinion. They are very energetic about wine and their enthusiasm shines through in their wines.

I like that they are a small vinyard and can focus their attention to the details. We also stayed for the dinner in the vinyard and it was superb. The company, ambiance, food and wine were are stellar.

I do not find their wines too expensive at all. In fact, for the quality, i thought just the opposite.

Portland, Oregon
“One of our favorite wineries in Chelan/Manson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

We have enjoyed both of our visits to Balsamroot Winery and Vineyard. Judy and Don, the owners, who greet guests and serve wine in the tasting room, are friendly, energetic, and lots of fun. We love Judy's wines and think they are some of the very best in Chelan. Definitely a must-visit stop on any Chelan/Manson winery tour...

Portland Oregon
4 attraction reviews
“Small and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

This winery was a great desitination, I sat on the patio overlooking the beatiful view for hours siping wine after the wine tasting.

The wines were all excellent, but slighlty more expensive then other wineries I have been to. I guess thats the nature of small batch wines though.

I am really excited about the zin futures I bought, we tasted it out of the cask and although the wine was obviously young its potential and current drinkability was amazing. It had a touch of pepper, which they said would grow with time.

Been to Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later