“Great location, simple lodging” 4 of 5 stars

Mountain View Lodge
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   25 Wapato Point Parkway, Manson, WA 98831   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manson
Seattle, Washington
“Great location, simple lodging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We (wife and 7-year old daughter) stayed during the weekday in late June/early July (peak season). The owners and staff were really friendly and made sure our stay was comfortable.
Positives: clean room, helpful staff, pool, jacuzzi, walking distance to market, restaurants, and Wapato Point. Location ideal for bike rides and access to other nearby destinations.
Negatives: Cars/parking lot and associated noise next to rooms
I've seen the name "resort" used in the name (i.e., Mountain View Lodge and Resort). This is a little misleading as it truly is a Motor Lodge. You pull your car right in front or below your room. To access BBQ or pool area, most room occupants must cross the parking lot (not ideal with little kids). I put poor on value, because I felt $175/night is steep considering the amenities. That is, the room was clean, but simple and average. The grounds are not large (no restaurant or fitness room), but Manson and Lake Chelan rental market is very expensive Memorial to Labor Day. So, this is probably the going rate, but felt a little pricey. I'm sure rates are significantly lower in off-season.

Room Tip: Second floor has better view of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, May 5, 2015
Hello BudgetFreak and thank you for providing a review for us. We appreciate both your positive and negative comments! I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply to you.

As I pondered your negative comments (great opportunity to look at potential improvements), I was driven to the "dictionary" to make sure I felt good about using the word Resort. Although you are correct in your analogy of "Motor Lodge," I still feel resort applies to us as well. We have worked very hard every year since 2007 to put our guests money back into the property and have made incredible improvements to both the rooms and the grounds. We are very proud of pool and hot tub area, our Pavilion with amazing (and unique!) outdoor kitchen and fire pit, our new Family Room with all its amenities and the 2008 room renovation - and the 2015 upstairs renovation that was just completed last week (you should see it!). The addition of continental breakfast in the off-season, and our new room service menu (delivery to your room OR out by the pool/pavilion year 'round!) and the close proximity of wineries, restaurants and other activities contribute to the value of the room.

And, you are correct; the room rates do vary considerably during the seasons. Being a seasonal destination resort community without a through-road makes this very important to our survival. All in all, we feel that we are the best value for your money in the Lake Chelan area and truly hope you come see us again. Maybe try the beautiful spring or fall. Winter is amazing here, as well. We will look forward to seeing you! :o)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cle Elum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were in Manson and stayed at the Mountain View Lodge the night before we performed for the summer series concerts that are held right next door to the lodge. The facility was wonderful, the rooms were neat and tidy, the staff was accommodating and gracious. And ..... all the hotel guests got a free ticket to the acoustic folk concert. Jerry and Kim know how to run a first rate place. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Get a room on the second story. Better view of the lake and mountains!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Hi KidCleElum! Thanks for the "thumbs up!" It's all of our really wonderful guests, who become part of our family, just like you, that make it simply a pleasure to share our home!!! We hope to see you again this coming summer. :o)
Soap Lake, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

When I first arrived in Manson, Washington, located just a few blocks away from the Chelan Lake, and had checked in but not taken my things to my room, a lady approached my car and asked if she could help me carry anything to my room. Turns out it was the owner, Kim Ustaken, with a cheerful offer to help this 70 year old man as her way of making me feel welcome! Kim is a pleasant, delightful and eternally cheerful lady. I declined her offer but was very impressed with her focus (and that of the staff) on customer service during my two day stay. The room was immaculate and well furnished with refrigerator, microwave oven, phone, TV, iron and ironing board. The usual bed and table were present and I like the way the heater/ air conditioner was located so as to avoid blowing right on the bed or TV area. There is an outdoor swimming pool and covered Barbeque area. The view of the mountains that surround this north-central resort town is breathtaking. The morning continental breakfast only consists of coffee, apples and cookies, but two restaurants and a Super market are just up the road.
What was most impressive to me was the cheerful and friendly attitudes of the owner and her staff. I will definitely plan to go back to the Mountain view Lodge & Resort in Manson, Washington next time business or pleasure takes me anywhere nearby.
Most gratefully,
Pastor Joseph Meyers

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room so as to have a better view of the mountains and surrounding area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Oh, it was such a pleasure to have you here, Pastor Joseph! Please come see us again; you'll always be part of the MVL Family!!!
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

very friendly and painless check-in. A very clean and well ran motel with a great continental breakfast across the street. We stayed in a family suite and it was very spacious. This place had a great hot tub and pool! Very quite location and easy to find. We got a bargain off season deal but probably would not stay at full season rates (about double).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Hi Alan T! Thanks for the kind review. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and would welcome your reply as to what would make our summer season a better value for you. We are always working on improvements and truly care about our guests needs and ideas!
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a two-night get-away and loved our stay here. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. As others have mentioned, the view was gorgeous. I would love to return at some point and enjoy the outdoor facilities that are there - a large covered pavillion area with built-in bar-b-ques, burners and small refrigerators. We spoke with one guest who was using the facility and she told us that the office provides guests with everything they need to use the cooking area as that is something most travelers do not travel with:) The manager (and I think owner), Kim, was so very, very kind and accommodating - a true delight. The lady who checked us in was also so pleasant and you knew right away that the stay was going to be wonderful. We both look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Hi Susan! Thank you so very much for your nice review from last Spring! I'm sorry it's taken some time to reply; we've been very busy with customers AND planning the next upgrade in value for you and all of our other MVL Family. We'll keep everything warm and ready for your return one day! :o)
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The room was clean, the bed was fine, and the view is quite nice. We would stay here again. It is a modest place and it suited our needs well. Stayed for two nights. Didn't have the breakfast so can't comment on that. We liked that it was within easy walking distance to a variety of wine tasting rooms and restaurants. I think this would be a great place for families to stay given the pool, hot tub, and outdoor area where you can bbq or sit around fire pit. It was busy with lots of activity in the area but it quieted down nicely at night. The wifi worked really well too.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Shawnia, Thank you very much for your kind review! Yes, it is a fun place in the summer (or warm) season. The pool is open mid April through mid October. We look forward to seeing you again!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

A friend and I visited in March to visit wineries and take photos. The 2-double room was large and immaculate with comfy beds. The view of the mountains, especially at sunrise, was amazing. The person who checked us in was friendly and made us feel quite welcome.The pool was closed for the season, but we enjoyed the hot tub and gas fire pit.

The location is great with walking distance to many restaurants and two wineries. I highly recommend Orchard Wood Ovens Pizza and highly discourage Sunset Bar & Grill (worst nachos EVER).

My only complaint is the lack of in-room coffee. I need a cup in order to interact with other people and it was a challenge for me to ensure I was decent enough to stagger across the parking lot to the restaurant to get my fix.

Our booking came with a buffet breakfast. It was the usual selection of cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Though instead of eggs & bacon/sausage, both mornings had biscuits and gravy. It's not something one sees up here in Canada and I was game to try it. It was OK, though I would have preferred some protein. The cappuccino was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Thanks for staying with us last winter, Mikki, and thanks for the honest review! We are making continual changes to our building and although, our rooms don't have coffee pots in ALL of them, we will ALWAYS be happy to provide one for you. Since you stayed with us, checking with each guest at arrival has become our policy. When you come again, be sure to ask for any special rooms and never hesitate to ask for exactly what you want. We'll do our very best to make it happen!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manson
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Chelan Valley Inn
Chelan Valley Inn
#1 of 2 in Manson
4.0 of 5 stars 9 reviews

Been to Mountain View Lodge? Share your experiences!