“My stay at Mountain View Lodge & Resort on May 30-31, 2014” 4 of 5 stars

Mountain View Lodge
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   25 Wapato Point Parkway, Manson, WA 98831   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manson
Soap Lake, Washington
“My stay at Mountain View Lodge & Resort on May 30-31, 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

When I first arrived in Manson, Washington, located just a few blocks away from the Chelan Lake, and had checked in but not taken my things to my room, a lady approached my car and asked if she could help me carry anything to my room. Turns out it was the owner, Kim Ustaken, with a cheerful offer to help this 70 year old man as her way of making me feel welcome! Kim is a pleasant, delightful and eternally cheerful lady. I declined her offer but was very impressed with her focus (and that of the staff) on customer service during my two day stay. The room was immaculate and well furnished with refrigerator, microwave oven, phone, TV, iron and ironing board. The usual bed and table were present and I like the way the heater/ air conditioner was located so as to avoid blowing right on the bed or TV area. There is an outdoor swimming pool and covered Barbeque area. The view of the mountains that surround this north-central resort town is breathtaking. The morning continental breakfast only consists of coffee, apples and cookies, but two restaurants and a Super market are just up the road.
What was most impressive to me was the cheerful and friendly attitudes of the owner and her staff. I will definitely plan to go back to the Mountain view Lodge & Resort in Manson, Washington next time business or pleasure takes me anywhere nearby.
Most gratefully,
Pastor Joseph Meyers

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room so as to have a better view of the mountains and surrounding area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

very friendly and painless check-in. A very clean and well ran motel with a great continental breakfast across the street. We stayed in a family suite and it was very spacious. This place had a great hot tub and pool! Very quite location and easy to find. We got a bargain off season deal but probably would not stay at full season rates (about double).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a two-night get-away and loved our stay here. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. As others have mentioned, the view was gorgeous. I would love to return at some point and enjoy the outdoor facilities that are there - a large covered pavillion area with built-in bar-b-ques, burners and small refrigerators. We spoke with one guest who was using the facility and she told us that the office provides guests with everything they need to use the cooking area as that is something most travelers do not travel with:) The manager (and I think owner), Kim, was so very, very kind and accommodating - a true delight. The lady who checked us in was also so pleasant and you knew right away that the stay was going to be wonderful. We both look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The room was clean, the bed was fine, and the view is quite nice. We would stay here again. It is a modest place and it suited our needs well. Stayed for two nights. Didn't have the breakfast so can't comment on that. We liked that it was within easy walking distance to a variety of wine tasting rooms and restaurants. I think this would be a great place for families to stay given the pool, hot tub, and outdoor area where you can bbq or sit around fire pit. It was busy with lots of activity in the area but it quieted down nicely at night. The wifi worked really well too.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

A friend and I visited in March to visit wineries and take photos. The 2-double room was large and immaculate with comfy beds. The view of the mountains, especially at sunrise, was amazing. The person who checked us in was friendly and made us feel quite welcome.The pool was closed for the season, but we enjoyed the hot tub and gas fire pit.

The location is great with walking distance to many restaurants and two wineries. I highly recommend Orchard Wood Ovens Pizza and highly discourage Sunset Bar & Grill (worst nachos EVER).

My only complaint is the lack of in-room coffee. I need a cup in order to interact with other people and it was a challenge for me to ensure I was decent enough to stagger across the parking lot to the restaurant to get my fix.

Our booking came with a buffet breakfast. It was the usual selection of cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Though instead of eggs & bacon/sausage, both mornings had biscuits and gravy. It's not something one sees up here in Canada and I was game to try it. It was OK, though I would have preferred some protein. The cappuccino was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a great stay at the Mountain View Lodge. I really appreciated the hospitality and helpfulness of the front desk. It was well located in Manson and had a beautiful view of the mountains. I came with a group and we're hoping to come back in the summer!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The good thing is that I knew the room was clean, the smell of bleach was so strong, it was almost UNBEARABLE. The bed was very lumpy and the WiFi was down the whole time. There is also no coffee makers in the rooms, I dont like people looking at me when I first wake up and need coffee. I had to go down to the office in my pajamas to get some. Ugh. There are also signs in the rooms telling you to pick up after yourself. Never seen that in any other hotel, im trying to relax not spend the night at my mothers house. The tvs are nice, staff are pleasant, they have a nice family sorta area in the office with board games. And a nice area for bbq, and they are very close to the casino. Plus there are a lot of wine tasteing and other activities within walking distance. I like the area they are located but the crazy bleach smell alone is enough for me not to go back, if they could at least change that I might stay again because of location.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay there ask them to air out your room before you get there.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear September208... I am so sorry!!! This one has to be blamed, with appreciation, on my husband. We call him "VP." Right at the exact time you stayed with us, he had picked up a new cleaning product for the girls to try. They HATED it, too!!! It is gone and we will not be using that terrible "bleach" smelling stuff anymore! Also, we will do just about anything for our "family!" We DO have coffee service available for our rooms and I would change you in a heartbeat to find you a bed more to your liking (if available, of course!). In addition, we have made some other changes that will make you happy. I hope you'll give us another try; we would love to have you back! Be sure to remind us who you are, okay?! And, NO bleach smell - I promise. :o)

Been to Mountain View Lodge? Share your experiences!