“Great way to end our Washington Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Mountain View Lodge
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   25 Wapato Point Parkway, Manson, WA 98831   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manson
Fullerton, CA
“Great way to end our Washington Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We loved this place, a short walk to great dining, we loved Chelan Brewing and Troy's Pizza. The room was clean, I loved the little sitting area outside the room, everyone seemed to hang out and drink their wine and chat. The pool and Jacuzzi was great, they provided towels at the front desk, as one guest said you didn't have to "rent" the towels, you just checked them out, I imagine this is so they don't lose them. The room provided a darker towel for the women who wear makeup so the towels didn't get stained, another nice touch is the darker towel if you spill red wine. I also loved the microwave and the mini fridge in the room. I suggested they put a roll of paper towels in the room, this would eliminate the need for the darker spill towels. Our bed was great, would have liked a better air conditioner, ours never got cool. The staff was great, the post office was closed on Saturday and Sunday, so they took my flat rate box for me and dropped it at the post office. They might want to grab a few boxes and keep them at their front desk, they allowed me to use their computer to print up my label that I printed on line and taped it up for me. This was just one of the more personal touches you receive for staying at a family owned hotel. We will certainly stay here again when staying in Manson, thank you for making our final days of our trip to Washington so relaxing.

Room Tip: Pre-pack your plates and seasoning, this place has a fantastic grilling area, they sell a family pac...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thanks for your review, Fetishbear! You touched on lots of topics; nice job! Well, it seems you truly experienced what we love about Manson (on Lake Chelan)... we like to welcome people to "Serenity!" MVL and Manson are a place where everyone becomes family. You can look at our village as the end of the road OR where all roads start! You might like to know that a property improvement plan for 2014 is to create some cabinetry around the fridge and microwaves and we plan to implement your idea about the paper towels. Being female, I know how the makeup thing goes... we'll probably keep those dark colored cloths - just in case!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

we stayed there for one night and went to an outdoor concert at the casino. War was playing and it was very good. there was a shuttle that took us from the lodge to the casino so it was very convenient. the rooms were very clean and beds were very comfortable. would recommend this Lodge to anyone. not to mention it was near the lake and several bars and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you, Jaye0329! We appreciate the good words and welcome any thoughts on future property improvements, as well! The Mill Bay Casino does a great job on their summer concert line-up and the transportation from the Lodge is a huge plus! Can't wait to hear who will be here in Summer 2014... :o)
Tacoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We spent 3 lovely days in a great king-size room, had every convenience, and the nicest people in the world to help us at any time. We decided we wanted a coffee maker, and they brought one in, could not get the password to work for the internet and it was done promptly for me. We loved that huge pool and hot tub, were about a block from a lake front community park, loved their huge pavilion where we grilled great steaks. We are so glad this is the place we chose to stay. One teeny, tiny wish.....better light bulbs to read by. Thank you all for a wonderful mini-vacation.

sallygoodtimes

Room Tip: First floor if it is hard at all to go up and down stairs and loving the pool, we were right across...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Beverly! Thank you so much for your review and your request! We are working on adding more lighting options in the rooms. We have doubled the number of light in the rooms and would love to have your feelings about the change when you arrive next time. In addition to that, I would like you to know that if you EVER have a need, even as seemingly "small" as reading light, we will do whatever we can to accommodate your needs right then! Just let us know; you're part of the family!
Milwaukie, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This motel has large rooms and free parking. However, the cost of staying there did not reflect the care that should come with the price. The housekeeping was very poor: bathroom and vanity were not cleaned during our stay. The trash was not emptied. Light bulbs were not changed when burned out. Had to ask to have a coffee machine in the room. When we mentioned our concerns, the owner, who was very friendly when we checked in, did send an apology and a bottle of wine and was willing to come around to fix it, but it would have been nearly 9 p.m. when that would have happened. I believe there has been a change in management and it may take time to work out the details, but these seem basic procedures that should have been consistent. For the price it takes to stay anywhere in Chelan or Manson, this motel was not up to expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Bill, I already spoke with you in person, and have replied to your review on Booking.com, but I want to take the time to fully acknowledge your disappointment. I am truly sorry that your stay was so bad; it is not our norm. We have not changed management or family in 20 years and have NEVER had a bad review because of lack of cleanliness. But we do change most of our housekeeping staff yearly since this is a seasonal destination resort area. Unfortunately, I am really struggling with my new staff at the moment. I will share your review with them and make sure that this is changed immediately. I hope you and other readers give us a chance to show our true colors.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We purchased the Living Social package to stay here and overall it was a good experience. The staff greeted us warmly and gave us the run down on everything we needed to know. They were extremely helpful with questions about the pool, patio, fire pit, grills. They provide coffee/tea/hot chocolate all day along with home made cookies and apples/fruit. There's an unaffiliated coffee shop right across the street that has decent breakfast sandwiches if you are something a little bit more hearty for breakfast.

The rooms were very spacious and also very quiet which was a welcome surprise. The hotel had no vacancy during our stay and there were plenty of kids and there's plenty of area for people to hangout late night. We didn't hear a thing from our room though as we turned in for bed! Our room amenities were fairly basic, but they worked just fine. They are very particular about what you can use their white towels for, but they provided off color towels for things like cleaning make-up and spills. They are also very specific about charging for things that might break during your stay, but at least they are up front about it.

The patio/grill/fire pit area are great! 4 huge gas grills with fridge's built in allow for a feast to be cooked up! The fire pit is a great way to unwind at night and stay warm and have good conversation with new friends.

The pool and spa are basic but they do the trick if you are looking for a quick soak in cold water, or looking for relaxation in a hot tub.

Only complaint I have were the beds were not great. I don't expect a Sealy Posturepedic or anything fancy, but both my fiancee and I had problems sleeping due to the beds and pillows. They could use some improvement.

That said, this was a great place to stay if you are wine tasting over the weekend since there are a ton of wineries in Manson, and it makes it easy to maybe start at a few in Chelan and then work your way back to Manson where you can easily end up back at your hotel. We will definitely consider staying here in the future!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Jeff, What a thorough review! Very detailed and accurate; you are someone I would check with before going somewhere! :o) You will be happy to know that we DID relace the King beds and the room you stayed in was one of them. I'm sorry that you were uncomfortable and hope that we get a chance to put a shine on your next trip to the Lake Chelan Valley!
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

What a pleasant experience all around. This is such a nice place to stay - quiet, clean, comfortable, and a very friendly staff. No complaints at all, except I only wish we would have stayed more than just one night!

The room was very comfortable and, as many others have said, extremely clean. I've stayed in many "4-star" hotels that were no where near as nice as this. The most comfortable bed I've slept on in ages and very quiet room made for a great night of sleep.

Even though it was off-season, the outdoor hot tub was open and very warm. We were able to enjoy a great night under the crystal clear skies. Chilly, but the hot tub made it so cozy!

Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you, PDX, for your kind review. I am so glad you had a great time; the hot tub and the night sky is awesome, isn't it?! We look forward to seeing you again in the, hopefully, near future!
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Booked in advance through booking.com which worked flawlessly. Check-in was friendly and efficient; the lobby is very comfortable with coffee and other hot drinks always available and a range of snacks for purchase.

Our King room was immaculately clean - every square inch of it. Linens, towels, sink, tub - everything was as if it had never been used before. Sleep quality was good and the property as a whole was very quiet - though of course March really is the off-season.

The only slight quibble was that I found (free) internet access to be almost unusably slow on my iPad - I got better response tethering to my 3G phone!

Would confidently stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
ExBritSeattle, Thank you very much for your thorough review. We love our "off-seasons;" it's pretty special around this area when it is so peaceful. But we love our "high-seasons," too when it's a little more active and exciting. Manson is always a peaceful and serene community with something for everyone! Please come see us again. You'll be happy to know that a new wireless system is one of my current property improvement plans. I hope to have that done soon!

Been to Mountain View Lodge? Share your experiences!