“Very enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Pasadena
“Very enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Top notch service. Very friendly and helpful staff. We had a problem with the coffee maker in the room and it was replaced within minutes upon notifying the front desk. This is one of the best La Quinta properties we have experienced with. Looking forward to our next stay at this property in September.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Red Bluff, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were trying to save money and so we booked 3 nights. The first room they gave us smelled. They moved us to a room down stairs close to the breakfast room. At first the room didn't seem to bad until I looked at the bathroom ceiling. The whole ceiling was moldy and there was mold in the sleeping area. This was the only handicapped room that they had left so, we decided to stay for the one night and leave in the morning. When we checked out we told the girl that there was mold she didn't seem to care. The beds are old and wore out. The carpet had been patched with some kind of a thick glue. There were coffee cups and coffee but no coffee maker. There are better choices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This was my second visit to this property, as my son & I stayed overnight on a trip to a model train show in Tacoma, WA. I got a rate of $75, which I thought was impressive given it was a Canadian long weekend (lots of Canadians like to stay in this area).

First impressions were good as the front desk area was very clean and was adorned with a sparkling 2012 AAA Diamond Award. The couches (sofas) in the reception area were a little tired, though, as they were beginning to sag a wee bit.

We were quickly served by the lone desk clerk at the front desk (it was staffed solo everytime I was down there) and went up to our room.

The hallways are dark and dingy but clean (pity, as the dingyness factor could be easily solved with increased lighting). It was night and day, however, when we opened the door to our room. It was very bright, very clean, and tastefully (if a wee bit sparsely) decorated. The tub/shower and toilet area might have been the cleanest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel. The sink was outside this area and was spotless as well.

The TV is an old-fashioned CRT, but who cares, I still haven't upgraded to HD yet at home. ; )

The only thing that could use improvement in the room are the bed linens. The sheets are just a tad on the thin side (not worn, necessarily, just a lower quality of sheet than you might find at, say, a Holiday Inn). Speaking of that chain, the HIE in Lynnwood was charging well north of $110 per night for that same night, so I saved well over $40 for my one night stay. One more thing about the beds, they're a little softer than you might find at most chains, so if you need a nice firm bed, this isn't the property for you.

Breakfast was great. Do-it-yourself waffles, cereals, bananas, orange slices, hard boiled eggs, two types of yogurt, breads, loafs, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, and tea. My son was especially fond of the chocolate loaf with chocolate chips (he had two!). The breakfast area was clean and supervised by a full time attendant. Breakfast closed at 10:00 AM, but she didn't start putting items away until 10:10 AM.

Room Tip: Pets are allowed in first floor rooms. If you don't want pets around you, ask for a higher floo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mill Creek, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We arrived last minute and were so glad they had a room for us. The hotel is adequate/average and was fine for a one night stay. There was water on the window sill at night and during the day (we were there in Feb. so this might explain why). The breakfast was pretty good (good variety of things). We would choose to stay elsewhere since it was a little old and felt a little run down.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland Metro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were there for a quick overnight stay. We reserved using points+cash as we were having a hard time finding a thrifty option, even via priceline and hotwire.

We arrived at the hotel late on a Saturday night (2 am) and checked out around 10 AM.

The room: Clean with some nice updates. In doing our habitual bedbug inspection (negative!) I did notice some minor dust bunnies near the wall under the headboard, but for most areas the rooms was clean. There were two queen beds and desk with a large comfortable desk chair, and included free internet. The bathroom was clean and the grout looked fresh and well maintained (one of my pet peeves is gross grout) They had one of the curved shower rods that provided a good amount of elbow room. I also apprciated the sink outside of the bathroom door, since it really helps the efficiency of two people getting ready at the same time. The room also had a mini-fridge and coffee maker.

The breakfast had lots of options though being carb-heavy other than the hard boiled eggs. The staffer did a great job keeping the area clean and well stocked.

The cons: While the linens were really good (soft!!) the mattress was old, and had some angles and dips. Since we were there for just 8 hours mostly to sleep, that was a disappointment. Really could use a new mattress in 316! Also, they have a very odd light/vent control for the bathroom that you have to select a time period. If you do not, it defaults to the last selected. Consequently I had the lights go out on my in the shower, and the controls are OUTSIDE the bathroom door. Frustrating. Finally, they have a metal programmable key rather than a key card, and they only had one left. Also, the curtains are not black out style, and you are on the sunrise side your room may bet fairly light.

One last thing that could be good or bad depending on you: this hotel has LOTS of dogs staying! I saw at least 6 in the half hour I was down in the breakfast room between 9-9:30.

So, for a short stop and comparative value it was still overall a very good stay with the one large exception of the mattress and a few minor issues.

Room Tip: If you have any allergies to dogs, make sure you ask if the room you are assigned allows pets.
Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was our second time staying in Lynnwood while visiting the Seattle area. We were going to stay at the Holiday Inn Express because we had stayed there before and enjoyed it, but we had read a review on tripadvisor of someone who had stayed at both hotels and stated that they were comparable with the bonus of La Quinta being about $30-$40 a night cheaper. Yes I agree, these 2 hotels are comparable, the La Quinta is not quite as modern as the Holiday Inn, but it's still a nice, decent and clean hotel.

We stayed in a standard 2 queen room and it was equipped with a mini fridge and the sink area was outside the main bathroom. There was also free wifi which we also appreciate and a business area in the lobby, but I'm unsure if this was free or not. Being a family of four we usually try to find hotels that have at minimum a free continental breakfast, but try to aim for a free hot breakfast and this hotel had a decent one. They served pastries, bread, hot & cold cereals, sliced oranges, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cup of noodles and assorted hot & cold beverages.

The only problem we did encounter at this hotel was with the pool/hot tub. Although it was aesthetically pleasing and the water was a good temperature I had noticed after swimming the second day my legs were itchy. ( I had spent 1.5 - 2 hours the first 2 evenings back and forth between the pool & hot tub) I thought my skin was being sensitive, but on the third night my boys legs were very itchy too, so much so that my 7 year old son needed to keep a cool cloth on his legs for some relief. I think apart of the reason is that there isn't a shower area down in the pool room so we had to shower when we went back to our room so the chemicals sat on our skin for awhile, and this was also part of the problem. I think they need to check the chemical levels in their pools because we have never reacted this way before. We've been on extended vacations where we swam in pools everyday. We stayed at La Quinta at the end of March and almost a month later you can still the rash on my shins.

Upon checking out I informed the front desk staff of the situation and she was genuinely concerned and apologetic, which was nice to hear and because of this I told her to be sure and pass along the message that they should check the chemical levels in their pool/hot tub. A couple of weeks after arriving back home I did send an email to La Quinta Inn to follow up and ask if anything had been done and I'm disappointed that to this day I've had no response at all. Other than the rash and itchy legs, we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Lynnwood? Share your experiences!