“One of our weekend favorites!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 235 Restaurants in Lynnwood
Cuisines: American
Shoreline, Washington, United States
“One of our weekend favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Love this out of the way space (at the end of the road in a row of warehouses)! We have eaten here probably 10 times over the last 8 months or so. Every server has been super friendly and helpful. Their beer selection is interesting, varied and flavorful. My husband always gets the IPA and I get the sampler (6 - 5 oz samplers). Today I sampled the Marzen, summer love, blackberry ale, scotch ale, hoppy ending & the copper ale. The environment is very family friendly. Food is total pub food and always good, hot, and tasty. Waffle fries are a must. I've had the spicy chicken sandwich, BBQ Memphis style slaw burger and the Big E signature Reuben (thick cut corned beef boiled in their golden ale). Husband likes the Big E signature beer brat cooked in copper ale on Bavarian pretzel roll. Patio is supposed to be fab - but we've yet to time the weather right to enjoy it. Plenty of sports on the TV's.

Mountlake Terrace, Washington
“Very Good Food & Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I never new this place existed until my wife's friend invited her to go to Big E Ales for a lunch last spring. My wife liked the food but since she doesn't drink beer she had the root beer and enjoyed it. So then we both went there a few days later and I had a couple of different types of which I enjoyed along with a beer brat. Been going back quite often ever since. Started by getting two growlers then got the party pig soon afterword. I have tried several different types of their beers and haven't tasted any that I did not like. My standby favorite would be their Scotch Ale. I find that their food is fairly slow to get to your table from the time you put your order in so I knocked off one to a rating of four out of five. So far I find that their food is pretty tasteful.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gold Bar, Washington
“go for the beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went there for lunch. The beer was fine but the food was average. Both the cole slaw and potato salad that was probably resers or something like that and the bratwurst was odd. In a "pretzel roll" which we thought was a hot dog shaped roll which made sense but what it was was a hamburger bun and the bratwurst was cut in half so there was alot of bun and no bratwurst. The server came by and said we were next and it took 15 minutes to come out after this and we were next nothing came out of kitchen till our food so it took about 55 minutes to get our food. I would not go again I was hungry and really don't want to wait 1 hour for a hot dog. The beer was good and did not take a hour to arrive.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“A change of pace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a very out-of-the-way place that's in an industrial area of Lynnwood, close to I-5 at the 52nd underpass. Parking is tight, but is probably enough for the amount of seating inside. The interior is dark, the seating open, loud the night we visited, and at least a couple of big-screen TVs were on with bowl games on. The menu is relatively simple, though I'd say more extensive than one would think given the size of the establishment. There were specials, the night we went was buying two sandwiches and two beers, get one sandwich free. Even without that, the prices were reasonable. The sandwiches are quite fresh, and they come with an accompaniment from a list that's more than just "fries," including healthier fare. Unfortunately, they weren't substantial enough for this patron, one of the main reasons for *** (the noise the other). The beer was excellent, brewed fresh there (one can see the brewing area), and one possibility for ordering is the sampler, where one gets (I think it was) a choice of 6 small glasses for $8.00. One of their "beers" is root beer, which is made with ingredients that - along with the taste - reminded me of Jones Brothers version. In summary, give it a try, though perhaps earlier in the evening when there's less activity and when you're only modestly hungry.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food, Great Beer, Great Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We have been to Big E's several times. Their food is always tasty- I highly recommend the Rueben's, my husband likes the burgers. Their beer, and root beer, is excellent. So, when I was looking for a place to celebrate my husband's (a home brewer) 50th birthday - I thought of this. It was perfect. We were able to rent the brewery section, have a band, and a great time. Big E's did all the food and it was excellent. Ribs, Brisket, Wings. I couldn't have asked for a better venue for a special event. This is a wonderful family business. If you are staying North of Seattle and looking for a local place, off the beaten track, with great casual food and friendly atmosphere- I would recommend it. If you are a local- I have to ask why haven't you tired it already?

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Big E Ales? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Big E Ales, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.