“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel is in good area for shopping but the hotel itself was disappointing. We stayed on the second floor and when we got off the elevator the smell of urine was so strong it was nauseating. This hotel does allow pets so I assume it was from that. The hotel room had no tissues, no shampoo and conditioner or blow dryer. We had to call down to front desk for a blow dryer. There was also dog poop on the sidewalk right outside the front door of the main lobby, granted that should be up to the dog owner to clean up after but if an establishment is going to allow pets they need to make sure that the hotel is kept clean.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Tania - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The smell in the hallway and the dog feces located on the side walk you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team will be talking to the guest with pets and make sure they are cleaning up after themselves. I will also be having my staff walk around the property more and ensuring that the dog feces are picked up and the hallways are clean and smell fresh.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sln2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

First time stay at this chain. Clean and comfortable. Great, attentive staff. Nice little in room kitchen.
Close to. Alderwood Mall and there are many restaurants and coffee shops nearby....,,,,,,
Will come back again. Thanks for everything !

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Sharon - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and the your room, especially the kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I needed a quiet place to stay while we visited some friends. It was very close to the freeway, close to where my friends lived, and very easy to get to. The staff was all friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and perfect for what we needed. We were facing the Bed, Bath, and Beyond, which had bright lights in the parking lot but we kept our shades closed at night anyway. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am pleased to hear that you found the comfort and cleanliness of your guest room to your standards. Please accept our apologies that the light from Bed Bath and Beyond was shinning in your room . Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectation and provided you with an excellent stay.

Hsinchu, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The staff was friendly. The value was good. Let me focus on the smoke only. Because of the reviews I have read throughout the Internet, I specifically contacted the hotel to request a nonsmoking room prior to my arrival. The room I got was in very good condition, no smoke at all. The lobby was clean and no unpleasant odor. I did find some common areas with smoke odor though. The first place was in stairs. The second place was in the elevator. That kind of surprised me because the air in the elevator was fresh earlier. The next time I took it it was awfully smoke. The only reason I could imagine was that there are guests smoking in the elevator. I checked the elevator and there is no non-smoking sign. Even though, I still can't imagine how come there are people smoking inside the elevator?! The hotel should strictly prohibit guests smoking in public areas. This might solve those bad reviews regarding to smoking issues as you can see from the Internet. After all, the condition of the room and the staff are great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Oliver - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that certain common areas had a smoke odor. We will be more diligent in ensuring that guest are not smoking in these common areas, as it is prohibited. We are sorry for this issue, but we are happy to read that we provided you with a clean room and lobby. Also, I am pleased to hear that our staff provided you with great customer service.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Chose this hotel due to it's location and value. Giving it low marks due to smoking issue. Staff were fine and although it's been renovated, the smell of cigarette smoke is pervasive. We reserved a nonsmoking room, but the whole place reeked of smoke. We've stayed in other hotels that allow smoking...usually the rooms are separated by floors etc and we couldn't smell the odor, but not here. Pay a little more and avoid this hotel if second and third hand smoking is not your thing!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The smell you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will do our best to ensure your experience is not repeated by diffusing odors prior to guest arrival.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sln2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
North Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay in Lynnwood and contrary to other reviews didnt notice smoke in the common areas. Our room was fantastic, we only had 1 fork and 1 spoon but I went down to the front desk and Michael was happy to give us more cutlery. Michael, the fellow at the front desk was wonderful! I watched him deal with two guests who had issues and he handled the situations very well, the guests were happy when they left. I would stay there again, and I would recommended to others. It's not a Marriott or even a Holiday Inn but it that's what you are looking for in a room then that's what you should book. Extended Stays are economical choices you know that when you book your room. It is true you get what you pay for so keep that in mind when you are checking in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so proud of our team for making your stay enjoyable and providing courteous and accommodating service! I will pass your compliments on to Micheal as well.

Vanouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently booked a hotel through Priceline and didn't find out where we were staying until after paying. After finding out that we were staying here and reading the reviews I started to panic. The reviews were awful. I stressed about staying here all week.
We finally get to the hotel and check in. The lobby did indeed smell like smoke. Luckily we were put in a non-smoking room. I asked for a roll away cot since we had two small kids and Priceline did not give me the opportunity to add them. They don't have cots, but the front desk woman was very kind and gave us two sheets and extra pillows like we requested. We could have upgraded and gotten another bed for only $10 a night (plus taxes). I felt this was reasonable, but my husband is very, very cheap.
I was starting to panic that the room would be filthy as reviews mentioned since the smoke smell was accurate. We get to our room and I give it a quick once over. Nothing seemed overly dirty. There was obvious wear and tear, but nothing disgusting. There was a set of 2 place settings and pots and pans.
My husband and I got a mixed bag of helpful front desk people. There was a woman that was tallish and smaller framed with light hair that was very kind and helpful. Other people that we saw seemed pretty disinterested in their job or holding a job.
The price was very reasonable and that was great. I wasn't expecting much so I think anything above the worst possible standards would have been a relief. So thank you to everyone who wrote awful reviews, they really do seem to be trying to make this hotel better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Kay - Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant experience at our hotel overall. I am so glad that you liked your room and our reasonable rates. Still, I am sorry for the smoke odor in the lobby. Please know, I am working with our maintenance staff to correct this as soon as possible.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and letting us know about your stay. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me, at sln@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood? Share your experiences!