“Surprising Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Burnaby, Canada
“Surprising Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked Extended Stay through a Priceline a blind bid. I got really nervous about Extended Stay America Lynnwood after reading recent reviews. But, to my surprise we had the opposite experience. Emmy at the front desk was extremely friendly and set our group up in two great rooms (110 and 210). The rooms were massive (600 to 700 square feet by my estimation)...and we're fully equipped with a fridge, stove, and microwave. As other reviewers mentioned, there was no shampoo in the bathroom and the breakfast table was quite lean (apples, oranges, prewrapped muffins, coffee, tea), and the beds are firm. But, on the upside, the room was very clean, the beds were wrapped in a zippered liner, and our room was very quiet (even though the hotel was fully occupied). The best part was that the windows were screened and could be opened quite wide for fresh air. The parking lot was extremely well lit and very safe. The free WiFi was extremely fast even on the "free" slower option. Denise was very friendly at check out in the morning. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the space of the room, and amenities we provided. I want to also thank you for the kind words regarding the staff, especially Emmy. I will definitely share your feedback with the entire team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I live in Vanvouver and I booked this room because I had a 4 hour exam at Mountlake Terrace the next day. We arrived a bit early, but Tawnee at the front desk was a super rockstar and was able to get us a room. Unfortunately, we found out later that the AC was not working!

Our room was muggy and stifling! Being in the lobby was more comfortable than our room. I was severely disappointed since I had hoped to be comfortable while doing some last min studying and to get a good night's sleep. When I checked the AC, the service log indicated that it was last cleaned in 2011. Maybe if it was serviced more often, someone could see that it wasn't working.

When I went back to the lobby, the gentleman who was working basically told me there was nothing he could do. Very disappointing customer service. I would have appreciated an offer of a electric fan or something.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. It upsets me to hear that the air conditioning unit in your room was not functioning correctly. I am sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sln@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Milton-Freewater, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel was a huge disappointment. We were tired from a lot of traveling and our 2 year old was just plain done. So when we saw this hotel, we thought it was a nice looking place to stay and checked in. The lady at the front desk was not overly friendly or helpful, but we were tired and just wanted to be settled for the night. When we got to our room however, it was filthy! I am not talking a little bit of forgotten dirt either. The couch has crumbs and who knows what else on it, the hard floors had all kinds of hair and dirt on them, the lights and air return were plastered with dust and scariness, and we had to clean out the tub/shower before putting our son in it for his bath. The counters in the kitchenette were sticky as well.
When I went to the front desk to make a complaint, and showed her the towel we had used for wiping up the bathroom floor, she looked away and said she was sorry. I asked if there was another room, and she said no. Then she said she would have the manager call me the next day when they got in. That call never came!
This hotel was overpriced, unclean and unfriendly. I would NEVER stay at this hotel, or any other in the chain, again. My advice--go to a hotel you know to be clean. Don't try this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Maria - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room as well as the way our staff handled your issue, is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are performing much more thorough and detailed checks of our rooms prior to our guests arrival. I will also be speaking with all of the members of our team to ensure we are addressing our guests concerns promptly, and to their satisfaction.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at sln@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed at the Lynwood Extended Stay America for 4 nights in June of 2013 for a Graduation. We had 3 rooms and all were clean and very nice. The staff was very friendly, and we were always greeted with a smile. The staff was also very attentive. The beds were firm and the heating/air conditioning worked great. Plenty of hot water available. The have a PUR water filter in the kitchen faucet so you don't have to buy filtered water bottles. The parking lot was well lit. We felt very secure as the entrance is locked in the evenings. The beds were very firm. Would rather have a firm mattress than a saggy one. It's not the same as MY bed, but there is not a one firmness fits all, and a firm mattress is better for most peoples backs. Ask for a few extra blankets is it is to firm for you and make your own pillow top. My husband and father loved the beds. There are 2 elevators so you didn't have to wait long, and it is accessible for those with physical challenges.There is a Whole Foods market right across the street with great ready made healthy foods available, and all other needs you may have. Lots of shopping choices in the area. The hotel offers a grab and go easy breakfast. Yes, it's limited, but you have a full kitchen to make your own bacon & eggs or whatever you want for meals. Our rooms were very quiet, never hearing anyone in the halls or in other rooms. The location was close enough to Seattle for us. My daughter lives in Shoreline so it was just a couple of exits away from it. Reading the other reviewers I keep wondering if they were in the same hotel we stayed at. We had a great stay, and have already recommended it to my daughters friends as a place for their families to stay when they visit. We will definitely stay there again. You cannot beat the price, especially for all you get. I don't know how picky other people are, especially those who posted bad reviews of this hotel, but we loved the place. Maybe they are just unhappy people who were not happy with what they were there for, or maybe the bad reviews changed the staff, but we were beyond satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am proud of our team for providing you with such great service while you were here. I am also pleased that you and your family enjoyed the convenience of our grab-and-go breakfast as well as our PUR water filters that are located in each of our guest rooms.

B.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This is my first negative review of a hotel.
Checking in, the girl at the desk with the bar code tattoo on her wrists was not helpful or friendly. She did nothing other then take my information. We were not told about breakfast or parking. I asked where the elevator was and she did not respond.
Room was ok for what we paid. Lots of noise there, inside and out. Air con was very noisy.. Almost as noisy as the people screaming and yelling until 2:30 am.
Our room was not cleaned during the day. I did see the maid trolly. Maybe it is for checkout only? There was no ice machine nor did I see any vending machines while I was there.
We returned with our bags from shopping only to find our room key not working. It took me 15 minutes to wait to get a new one. No explanation, nor apology. Just bad attitude from the lady at the desk. - this was 3pm on Saturday June st.
The second morning when I was getting out of the shower I noticed the urin on the floor around the base or the toilet. Since we were two woman traveling together this was not from us. Poor job on the cleaning!
There was a musty, dust odor from the room. I do not think the drapes have ever been washed.
I will not stay in an extended stay hotel again. I will also be writing to my visa card hoping they will remove tins hotel from the list that you can use your points on.
I see the manager always comments on the reviews. Maybe someone actually needs to look at what is going on in the hotel and not just here on trip advisor! I am not a picky person at all. We are all human but there is no excuse for allowing people that are like that to work in your hotels.
One more final note... It was scary that while we were waiting to check in, 3 different people came up and said they left the room key in their room. With no questions a new one was issued to them. That does not speak well of security at all.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The level of cleanliness in your room and the attitude of our staff you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with the staff, reminding them of how important it is to provide great customer service to all of our guests as well as a quick response to their issues. I am also working with our housekeeping staff on being more diligent in our cleaning efforts and am focusing on improving our daily room inspections to ensure we are meeting our company's high standards.

Our guests are our first priority and should be treated as such. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sln@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Selah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I wouldn't rate this as the best stay I have had at an Extended Stay. Both mornings woke up with a back ache., I think the mattress needs to be replaced. Front desk staff not very friendly only spoke when spoken to. Security guard just sat in the lobby- thought this was a little strange. Maybe management needs to keep an eye on what is happening when they are not there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you awoke in the morning with a backache. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to check that mattress toppers are on all of the guest room beds, ensuring a good nights sleep.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Returning from a month in Europe I booked a room through Priceline since I did not want to drive in the night before returning home. Specified 2 star and was given this hotel. The bed and decor were the equal of the 3 star places I normally stay though the absence of shampoo/conditioner/etc. was a bit disconcerting since I had just arrived at SeaTac without any due to the security restrictions. Had I known I would have purchased these items before arriving at the hotel. The receptionist I spoke with upon my arrival was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and the competence of our staff. Also, we do have soap and shampoo available at the front desk free of charge, 24 hours per day. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood? Share your experiences!