“Disappointed with this visit” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19324 Alderwood Mall Parkway, Lynnwood, WA 98036   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Vancouver, Canada
“Disappointed with this visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was always our go to hotel. This last visit was somewhat disappointing. Weekend breakfast was not good- only type of egg was cold hard boiled and no potatoes! Managers reception - salty chips. Don't remember such a difference between a weekday stay versus a weekend stay. are weekend guests not as important? While the staff is friendly enough, don't count on them to problem solve. Think we'll try a different hotel for our next visit.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Danh T, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property and taking the time to comment about your stay even though it did not meet your previous experience. If it weren’t for people like you taking the time to share your thoughts and perception I wouldn’t understand how the guest views our property and guest experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I never want our guests to leave feeling they are not important to us. Your interaction with our staff doesn’t sound like they were able to resolve an issue. I would like to invite you to contact me directly so I can utilize your feedback as a learning tool with my staff.

In regards to your comment about the breakfast foods and the evening reception on the weekends, I am working with our staff personally to review menu items and staffing to ensure there is a good selection at all times during the breakfast hours. I am currently reviewing what we will offer during the Evening Manager reception.

Warmest Regards,

Email: danh.tran2@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Port Townsend, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My room was clean, comfortable, and had adequate resources in it to plug in electronics and work efficiently. There was also a fridge and microwave and a nice easy chair. The breakfast was well laid out with a variety of items available.

Ask for a second floor room as you can hear people walking above if you are on the first floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Abbotsford, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

First visit at this hotel was great. Was disappointed on our second visit. Found an old panty hose lying on the ground of our room when I walked in, and then found a bunch of thick black hairs on the comforter. They looked like dog hairs. We'll still stay at this hotel again because for the money its good value. The staff are friendly, its a great location, and overall a nice hotel. Just had 1 sub par experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Vancouver Island, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My sisters and I spent 2 nights here to go shopping and sight-seeing in Seattle. At first, I booked a room for fri/sat only to have them call be back 3 days prior to tell me that they had no rooms available. No explanation.
So we changed our dates to sat/sun. We get to the hotel and the room they gave us was not as described in our reservation. Front desk basically tells us that room is gone. No explanation. We ask for the manager to call us as it does not seem right to sell something that is not as described. Seems like false advertising. No one calls our room so we visit the front desk again to ask the manager/supervisor to contact us during our stay. In the end, no one from the hotel bothered to contact us to offer us a explanation.
The hotel was sold out during our stay so it would seem that because they have enough business, they do not need to offer customer service.
Even the breakfast was not as good as before. No hot eggs or potatoes on sunday. Are these not staples of any hot breakfast bar?
On top of that, they left some cleaning tools near our toothbrushes and toiletries.. gross.
I hope they realize that the success of any business is based a lot on word of mouth.
I will be letting all my friends know that this Hampton has really gone downhill and will not recommend it anymore.
It use to be our hotel of choice when in the Seattle area but now I will be booking else where because of their lack of customer service.
I do not recommend this hotel because if there are any problems, the hotel does not care and just hope you go away and forget about it.
Too bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Danh T, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear mmandpp87,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Hampton Inn & Suites- Lynnwood, WA and taking the time to comment about your stay.

Please accept my apologies for the bad experience you had. I would like to have an opportunity to express my apologies with you one on one, if I may. I can be reached at danh.tran2@hilton.com or you can call me directly at the hotel line..

The service you've encountered is not acceptable and goes against the business we are in. Your comment have been shared with the staff today in our daily huddle. I will assure you it will not happen again.

Please note your comment is very valuable to us and we will make sure to use this as a training tool.

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay and I apologize for the bad experience you had. I look forward to hear from you soon!

Regards,

General Manager - Hampton Inn & Suites
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Although hotel was clean, they changed our room type from our booking and did not follow up even though we advise them we were unsatisfied. Breakfast not up to regular Hampton standard. Cleaning staff left their cleaning brush right by our toothbrushes on the counter.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Danh T, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Kathy F,

Please accept my apologies for the bad experience you had. Based on your comment, it is evident that we did no succeed in meeting your overall expectations. I would like to have an opportunity to express my apologies with you, if I may. I have been tried to contact you but had no luck. If you can, please advise me when it will be a good time for me to call you.

I appreciate you informing us about the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. We will be sure to work on finding better solutions in these areas for the future. We hope to have an opportunity to redeem ourselves to you.

Warmest Regards,

General Manager- Hampton Inn & Suites
Email: danh.tran2@hilton.com
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I just wanted to take a moment to say that the team at Hampton Inn in Lynnwood did an outstanding job helping my father-in-law and I with getting a room. Through a mix up in reserving rooms for a group we were with, we were without a room during our stay in the Seattle area. Our group leader reserved 6 rooms, but only 5 were actually on the reservation. We were very upset when the front desk said they didn’t have any more rooms available and that we would have to find another hotel. Sarah at the front desk did everything she could to help us out, including finding rooms at another hotel. Staying at another hotel was not to our satisfaction though because it was very important for us to stay with my daughter’s basketball team. So we elevated our problem to the manager. Mr. Tran, the general manager ended up putting us in a suite at the same rate. I’m so glad to see that there are companies out there that still put the customer first. It made our day and our trip. I will definitely being staying at this Hampton Inn again next time we are here for this basketball tournament. Great staff, great management, comfortable rooms – very pleasant stay!

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this property for over two weeks. The staff were wonderful, kept my room spotlessly clean (as it was also when I arrived), and provided a quick check in and check out in addition to answering many questions along the way. I was on the main floor and there was a bit of noise from the floor above, but only for a few days. It just seemed that person walked very heavily and others who stayed in the room above on later dates transmitted much less sound. Over the course of my stay, there were sports teams, business people, and families and they all shared in the cordial atmosphere. Amenities included a small fitness center and a large indoor pool. Refreshments were served each afternoon, a grill was available on the patio, each room had a microwave and refrigerator, and the breakfasts provided a balanced meal and good variety. I would recommend this Hampton Inn and appreciate the quality provided at this site. Restaurants and shopping within blocks were an added bonus. And I was able to reach my daily destination in Seattle within 15 minutes even in traffic. Thanks Hampton Inn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood? Share your experiences!