“Really nice property in a great location and allows pets!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Phoenix, Arizona
“Really nice property in a great location and allows pets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here at the end of November because we were moving from Seattle to Phoenix and needed somewhere to stay while the movers did their thing. I chose the property based on reviews and the fact that they allowed cats. (harder to find than you might think) I was not disappointed. The property is very clean and quite new. I was able to walk to Whole Foods, several restaurants and shopping and it is a short drive from the mall. It has a nice indoor pool, a gym and laundry facilities and a very nice staff. We stayed in a "suite". I don't really consider it big enough for a suite, it just has a separate sitting area, sink and refrigerator but then again it is a budget hotel. The bathroom is very spacious too. The hotel also offers breakfast but I never did try it. Their staff dwindles to a bare minimum after 5pm so if you want something like extra towels be sure to request it during the day. All in all for the price and location I can definitely recommend it, especially if you are traveling with a pet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

we spent one night at the end of DEC. It's very close to the Alderwood Mall. The hotel looks new and well maintained. The room and beds are comfortable. The bathroom is spacious and clean. The breakfast has a good selection but we have to wait for several minutes before finding two seats. Although we can't expect the Breakfast Room to be expanded, at least a few more tables/chairs can be added. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
gypsyrider14
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Staff was friendly and competent, room was very nice and was clean, the beds were comfortable. My grandson and I had a great time in the pool and jacuzzi. This was a very enjoyable stay.

I stayed there in March of 2011, and in my review I stated, "It would have been nice if the fan for the heater / air conditioner could be set to stay on all the time instead of kicking on and off, which tends to wake me up." However, this time I noticed that there is an option for making the fan stay on all night: use the thermostat on the actual heater/air-conditioner itself, rather than just the one on the wall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place to stay while the hard woods were refinished in our home. We had to be gone for 3 nights. I chose holiday Inn because I have never had a bad experience at any holiday Inn. I have been staying in them since I was a kid. The front desk staff were so pleasant. The room was super clean and the beds so comfy. The pool area was very clean. They supply pool towels. The only thing I could have seen improved would have been the hot tub was not hot enough and the pool could have been a bit warmer as well. Our kids didn't care too much, though :) they were just excited to get to go swimming this time of year. I would definitely stay here again if I had need for staying locally for some reason again.

• Stayed November 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights in November 2012. Good location north of Seattle if you are staying in the area. Probably too far if downtown Seattle is your interest. Rooms were clean and sized appropriately. Only suggestion I have is to allow the drapes to completely close. They had a decorative heavy drape on the sides and a light mesh on the rest, which did not keep room dark in the morning. Breakfast had a good selection. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Wifi in rooms and a couple of free computers in the lobby. They had a small indoor pool and exercise room. Nearby are malls and many shops and restaurants.

80 rooms - parking on site and free.

This must be a popular place as the place was packed for the weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a perfect suburban "white picket fence"-style hotel for families or others looking for a very pleasant stay. The northern Seattle-area location is surrounded by shopping, restaurants, movie theatres, etc. The area feels extremely safe and puts you at ease immediately.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and looks brand new. Rooms and hallways are decorated in dark browns and blacks. Our room looked brand new and contained firm comfy beds, an LG HDTV, a stylish black GE fridge and microwave, and a black Hamilton Beach coffee maker. There was also an adequate work area with stylish office-style chair.

The bathroom was also spotlessly clean and featured wall-to-wall counter space and a large 4' X 3' mirror hung in landscape format. The hotel room itself also had a full-length mirror for guests to check themselves out from head-to-toe.

Breakfast was served until 10 AM weekends and 9 AM weekdays. It featured pre-made cheese omlettes, bacon, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, bagels, bread, juice, and coffee. The breakfast room also featured a nifty automatic push button pancake maker. The room was kept both well-stocked and clean by an attendant.

The small pool and hot tub were well-kept and clean. The pool featured a non-slip deck that should be mandatory in all hotels.

The fitness center featured all modern machines, and the business center featured two computer terminals and two printers.

My only quibble with the hotel was price. I stayed on points, but the best rate I could find was $133 per night, which I thought was a bit high. That's a pretty small beef, though. You certainly can't go wrong with this hotel, and the customers seem to agree, as they fill the place every night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
B.C. Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express in room 304. Right next to the freeway where the traffic could lull us to sleep (not!!) We were travelling from Canada and tried to get a room in Tacoma but everything was full, it was pouring rain and it was getting late. We finally spotted the HIE and were thankful that they had a room and it has always been a name/chain that we've trusted.
The room was adequate and clean. The whole hotel however just felt a little old and in need of a bit of a refurb....especially the beds. The beds were very firm tho and provided rest.

The front desk manager Kelsey was awesome and went out of her way to make us feel welcome and special.
She told me that I had three different Holiday Inn numbers/accounts (not sure how that happened!!). She contacted the head office for me and all way figured out.

The breakfast was adequate...nothing to write home about.

Thankful for the good nights sleep but probably wouldn't stay again until refurb'ed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear CanuckMama,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to know that you had a good experience or interaction with our staff. I apologize for the issues you had with the bed accommodations that you received. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Lynwood.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!