“Convenient and great for disabled family member” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Residence Inn Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett

You added Marriott Residence Inn Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett to your Saves list
Marriott Residence Inn Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18200 Alderwood Mall Parkway, Lynnwood, WA 98037   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
“Convenient and great for disabled family member”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband, daughter and I took a long weekend family trip to Seattle earlier this year. We chose the Residence Inn due to it being far enough out of town to be a little quieter and more economical, but also due to the convenience of having the mall pretty much right next door! The location is easy to find and conveniently located, although like other reviewers have noted, the traffic coming in and out of downtown Seattle can be a little crazy, no matter the day of the week.

The staff were incredibly helpful and we were great about letting us check in a little early. We were in a one bedroom suite, which allowed us to have private space to ourselves and our daughter got to enjoy the Murphy bed located in the living room. My husband is an amputee who walks with a prosthetic and they were able to put us into a main floor, disabled friendly room. It included a roll in shower which was actually super convenient for him, as it also included a bench.

I have to say I was most pleasantly surprised by the free 'continental' breakfast offerings. Not only did they have waffle stations, yogurt, juice, fruit, etc., but they also served steamed rice as well which was great for my daughter and I as we both have celiac and this allowed us to have some carbs to get us going at the start of the day, without me having to go buy a loaf of gluten free bread that I wouldn't end up finishing. We will definitely stay here again on our next foray to Seattle.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The accommodations were great and a nice quiet hotel. Everything was clean and well maintained. The only downfall for us was the traffic to get downtown Seattle from this hotel was terrible. If traveling to Whidbey Island or north great location.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Marriott Residence Inn Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Calliesk,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It was good to learn that you found our hotel clean and well maintained. I will pass along your comments to our Housekeepng and Maintenance teams here at Residence Inn, Lynnwood. I am sorry that traffic to downtown Seattle was slow for you. We are just 15 miles from downtown Seattle, and travel time can vary based on commuters, and express lane closures. As you mentioned, it is much quicker to travel North toward the San Juan Islands and British Columbia.
We look forward to having you back for another stay when your travels bring you to our area. Thank you again for your review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

We had a hard time finding a place that was close to the area mall, transportation terminal for a long weekend trip to the Seattle Area. We were pleasantly surprised. Clean room, very nice staff and affordable.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Marriott Residence Inn Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Bly H,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I was pleased to hear that your search for a hotel was successful when you found our hotel. We are extremely convenient for shopping at Alderwood, and for accessing transportation. We have an award winning staff, who are nice, and enjoy serving our guests. When your travels bring you back to the Lynnwood area, we look forward to having you stay with us again! Thank you for being our guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

The warmth of each staffs are indescribable, and what I have experienced here are beyond words and sentences. I was so lucky to have been recommended this hotel by a friend who had also made her own reservation after a long and thorough search.
It was my first visit to USA, I was about to send my daughter to her college, she is my eldest, and this was really my first experience of letting my beloved baby on her own and this hotel makes it easier for me.
This could be the most generous hotel one can get, let me list out what they have for their guests:
Breakfast is included for the stay, they provide rice and miso (I am asian, it goes without saying how rice means to me, hence the emphasis on its availability).
Monday-Thursday afternoon, light dinner is provided with free beer and wine.
Many varieties of tea, coffee and chocolate drinks are ready for you to prepare on the lounge around the clock.
Scrumptious, fragrant nice cookies available every afternoon in a basket on receptionist desk.
In the room, they have all kitchenware and utensils needed if you would care to do some cooking.
The housekeeping have a pack of microwave popcorn ready for you to pop if you feel like to, just on your ingredient basket. And if you need some groceries shopping, just fill the list, it will be provided without any service charge. Of course what you buy will be charged on your bill.
And if you want to do a barbeque, there are many barbeque hubs spread around the hotel area.
Laundry doing take only 6 quarters to wash and another 6 quarters to dry ( my daughter's dorm charge more that that).
The most important service is their shuttle service, especially taxi is not something you can wave in on the street in Lynnwood, and public transportations does not operate on Sunday. The hotel shuttle is run by reception staffs, just put on a reservation on their service hours and they will gladly drive you to a certain proximity with a sincere smile.
They even helped my daughter moved out from hotel to her dorm when I thought I needed one of the staff to call U-haul or a van rental for me as we have so many stuffes to move, and he offered the service to help, how wonderfully angelic is that ?!!!
They have computers and printers free of charged of you ever need to email, do some airline reservations, ticket/ boarding pass printing in the small business center just by the reception area.
Safety boxes are available behind the reception table.
The wifi is so good, I always have good connection in all the 3 rooms I have stayed ( I checked in 3 times in this hotel for my previous visit in USA, all together 23 nights of stay).
The design of this hotel is like townhouses/ cottages. Each building consist of 8 rooms, 4 on the ground level and 4 on the upper level, so it is very homy. Each room is equiped with a full kitchen, a small dining table for 2, a sofa bed with beddings kept in the cloakroom, yes a cloakroom, with iron & ironboard attached on the wall in side the cloakroom, a heater light in the bathroom, spacious closet & many drawers in the dressing area as well as on your bedside. The lamp is bright enough that there is no dingy corner left unclear to see, that is just how I like it.
I really love this place and will definitely recommend anyone who has business in Lynnwood, leisure, vacation or serious , this is the right place to stay.
It is within walking distance to Alderwood Mall, Target, H-mart with Asian foodcourt, you can practically have anything you need just within reach here.

Room Tip: If you travel light with little baggages, and does not have any objections on stairs, you can reques...
Dear AnitaJo J,

Thank you for being our guest. It was good to hear that we were referred to you, and that you had a successful stay with us. As this was your first visit to the US, and you were moving your daughter to college for the first time, I was so happy that you felt at home staying in our hotel. We are close by, to walk to shopping or we can shuttle our guests in our van. It was good to know that we were able to assist getting your daughter moved to her dorm. Our van shuttles within approximately five miles of our hotel, and yes, we should always be smiling. I am glad that this was the case for you. Thank you for providing an extensive review of our hotel property and services. I look forward to having you stay with us again, when you come to visit your daughter!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

my family had been staying for a month at this hotel , all the staff is amazingly kind , thank you so much for Michelle , Christina , David , Jerry and Angie , for a very good hospitality and assistance during our stay . the room is super clean , service super good . they provide good food for breakfast and light dinner as well . We were so happy to stay in this hotel . For sure we will get back again next year .

Btw i miss the cookies that they provide us everyday :) , it was so good and fresh . The location is perfect , closed to alderwood mall . We love Residence Inn Marriott !!!

Room Tip: higher floors , 2 bedrooms suite with loft
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Marriott Residence Inn Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
Dear Viviana S,

Thank you for posting a review, and thank you for being our extended stay guest. It was good to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfasts and the evening socials. Our two bedroom, two bathroom suites are ideal for families staying for short stays or extended stays as there is plenty of space for everyone to spread out. We look forward to having you back for another stay, and we will have cookies waiting for you! Thank you for being our guest!

Vancouver Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

This was the best Residence Inn we have stayed at in all out travels!! The staff is amazing, the rooms clean and huge and in 20 years of road trip the ABSOLUTE quietest hotel ever!! Close to shopping, restaurants, easy access from I-5 etc!!
Beds are ultra comfortable, shower was fantastic.
Fresh cookies upon check in, full breakfast in the morning was superb, would I stay here again??? In a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: as this is a full size kitchen hotel with all the equipment, save money and make a light dinner
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Marriott Residence Inn Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Dear Delmar60,

Thank you for your review, and for all of the compliments! I was happy to learn that you had such a great stay with us, and that it was so quiet that you could rest well. I was also happy to learn that the staff was great to work with, and that you enjoyed the convenience of our shopping areas and proximity to I-5. Our breakfast is complimentary, and cookies are available at the Front Desk when you need a quick snack. Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to having you return for another stay!

Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

I arrived late and the hotel staff was just great. I was apparently fortunate to even get a room as they informed me they were almost completely booked every night for the previous 5 months. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touvh.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Marriott Residence Inn Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear Thrasher82,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review of our hotel! We recently completed a renovation of our suites so there is new carpet, paint, wallpaper, drapes, and furniture in all of our suites. I am glad that you enjoyed the updated decor. I was also happy to hear that you were able to book our last room available. The summer months were very busy in the greater Seattle area, and Lynnwood stayed booked as well. We look forward to having you return for another stay with us. Thank you again for the review!

Georgia Borg-Leon

Been to Marriott Residence Inn Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett? Share your experiences!