“A Lynden Favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Lynden, Washington
“A Lynden Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I eat at Milts quite often, and for three reasons:

1) It is locally owned, and we want to support the local family.
2) We love the community service the offer through the free outdoor movies on Saturday nights during the Summer.
3) They offer gluten-free pizza crusts and sandwich buns.

The only reason we don't eat there more frequently is that we are both trying to lose about 20 pounds and pizza isn't real conducive to accomplishing that goal. ;-)

That said, the pizza consistency is up and down. I've never had a "bad" one, but depending on who makes it, the pizza will be anything from good to excellent. The medium $6.99 special is pretty appealing, since a Milt's medium is as big as other restaurants' larges.

They have Mack & Jacks on tap which is a real plus.

Wait times are usually very reasonable, even when the place is busy. The staff is friendly and helpful; at times, even playful.

One drawback is that the tables are not bussed very quickly. Sometimes you walk in and see 6 - 8 tables that need cleaned.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lynden, Washington
“My Pizza Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Relaxed atmosphere, sometimes boisterous when a family gets all their kids together in one place. The vegetarian pizza is my favorite, but I've tried several other toppings as well. All are excellent and reasonably priced. The toppings are fresh (where do they get those tomatoes?), the crust is just right. TV screens all around so choose what you want to watch and pick a seat accordingly. Bottomless soft drinks. Some beers have been added to the menu.

Visited June 2012
“Gf pizza soggy!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011 via mobile

The regular pizzas are good but over priced for what you get. The gluten free pizza is soggy, mealy tasting and not good. I would not recommend it. It's very load and feels like your in a cafeteria. The tables are always dirty and the staff seems overwhelmed and lost even when it's not busy. They have a coupon on there web site but If you call to ask about a special or coupon they will hang up on you it happened to us a number of times, guess they don't want to give any discount? If you don't mention coupon there glad to take the order. (?) oh and they have great advertisement the road which is a through street that goes behind the place, the girls are out back with there work shirts tucked up showing there belly sitting on the ground smoking cigarettes yeah really makes me want to go here, gross!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Great pizza time and again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have been going to Milt's Pizza for the past 4-5 years and have always had an excellent product! There is care that goes into the pizzas here-unlike many of the big chain competitors who constantly skimp on sauce and ingredients yet continue to raise their prices every 6 months. A part of why so much care goes into Milt's is the fact that it is family own and run and not a chain of restaurants. I say support local business and grab a delicious Milt's pizza!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“The WORST”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

This is obviously a place geared toward price gouging families with young children. The pizza smells great but I never managed to get a slice. I was by myself and just wanted a bite to eat before I went to work. You cannot buy a slice of pie, you have to buy a small pizza. My bill was over 7 dollars. Two families that came in after I did were served before me. I had ample time but it took so long that I really could not wait any longer. Then when I looked to see what was going on there were SO many employees just milling around, casually mopping and whatever... that's when I got upset and went to get a refund and leave... she handed me 4 dollars back and THAT is when I came unglued. NOTHING ON THEIR MENU IS UNDER 4 DOLLARS. She had difficulty counting my money back to me which irritated me more. Lucky for me I had my receipt. I don't care how good it smells, I will NEVER go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere