“I eat here weekly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Lynden
San Marino, California
“I eat here weekly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I join a group of friends here weekly. We eat in the bar section where Teressa is an excellent waitress. She takes good care of us. The food is always good. Tomato soup on Thursday is very different from Campbell's! Fish and chips are good. Also a luncheon steak. Easy parking.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tum Tum WA
“Generous portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

While Spending a few days in Lynden, we decoded to eat out rather than buy groceries and cook.

The servings were large and very tasty. I had the chicken mushroom "burger" and my husband had the grilled turkey melt. Both very good. Numerous sides from which to choose. I had the soup, HOMEMADE!

Larger senior menu would be nice. A bit pricey but service was great and food excellent. I'd come back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ironton, OH
“Good burger, huge portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stopped at Bob's for lunch and was pleasantly surprised.

The facility itself could some remodeling but the service and food was great.

My burger was fresh and not and cooked just the way I ordered it. The amount of potato wedges I received sad truly enough for two.

Add in a fair price for the meal and they will have a return customer if I should be in there area again and ready for another good burger.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lynden, Washington
“Bob's is great, but the Lynden Bob's needs a new location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Bob's is a great burger joint in most locations. My wife and I enjoy it. The Lynden restaurant, however, is lacking in so many ways.

It is very small overall, and the bar specifically could fit inside my living room. The last time we were there, either they don't have air conditioning, or it wasn't working. After we were seated, we just looked at each other and said, "We need to leave. This heat is unbearable." If they could expand the facility, or move to a different location where they could build a larger building, it would improve the experience immeasurably. The place needs a serious remodel.

The food is fine, and like all Bob's, they have Mac & Jack's and that's always a plus.

I may sound like I'm down on Bob's, and I am not. Just this particular location.

On another note, sadly, I hear the one in Sudden Valley may be closing.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Completely average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Can't understand how reviewers can give an excellent rating or a poor (unless had a bad experience) to a place like this. Stopped heading South after clearing customs (about 100 yards from border) for lunch about 2 pm on a Monday. Menu and food very typical for a roadhouse; not bad, not great. Only one server and took too long. We ate and left and didn't think any more of it.

• Visited June 2012