“What Has Happened to This Restaurant?” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 53 Restaurants in Lynden
Cuisines: Mexican
San Marino, California
“What Has Happened to This Restaurant?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I ate here Monday night. The hostess-waitress wasn't personable at all. My enchilada had weird looking hamburger in it, like tiny pellets. The tamale came from a restaurant-supply place, I'm sure. Tasteless, hard as a rock, and dry inside. I ate about half my meal. The salsa with the chips was good. This place used to be very busy with the non-church, drinking crowd of Lynden.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Bellingham
“Pro tip: these nice folks haven't heard of wedding industry markup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Last summer (2012) when I was planning my wedding, my mom and I priced out countless restaurants and caterers, from the Golf and Country Club to BBQ food trucks. We called El Ranchito on a whim just to see if we could buy their tasty pico de gallo in bulk, but the restaurant owner quoted us a full meal (chicken fajitas, beef chile colorado, rice, beans, salsa, coleslaw, tortillas, chips) at less than half our lowest bid. They were friendly, professional, and just downright awesome.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Waiter Itched His Butt”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our experience was horrific. The waiter was creepy and kept asking if we were ready to order, and our menus were still opened and we told him we needed longer. I asked for a glass of white wine, they dont have any, so i ask for a glass of red wine, they dont have any either. So i ask for a margarita, and the waiter brings it to me in literally 23 seconds. Obviously it was from a machine and it was so bitter and undrinkable. We order and my boyfriend goes to the bathroom and sees the waiter in the back area itching and digging in his butt with a full hand. He didnt tell me this until we left or i would not have eaten, but i did eat and the tortillas were crunchy/stale, the carne asada was blah. We went home and were sick in a weird way for a couple days, i wont get into details but we will never, ever go back here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Mexican food at its finest, very authentic. We love it here!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

El Ranchito is one of our favorite places to go for authentic Mexican food. My Hubby & I love the Sizzling Beef Fajitas. We get the Fajitas for 2 & always have plenty of food. We also love the Pico de Gallo that is brought to your table with chips. The staff is very friendly & the owner treats us like family. Great place for a table for 2, but can handle larger groups as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ferndale, Washington, United States
“Bland!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The food is SO bland! And extremely overpriced for what you get. Burritos consisted of meat wrapped in a tortilla. If you're looking for a good Mexican restaurant (excellent in food, service, and price), try Chihuahua's in Ferndale.

• Visited September 2012