“Just OK...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lynden / Bellingham KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynden
Lynden / Bellingham KOA
Save Saved
You added Lynden / Bellingham KOA to your Saves list
8717 Line Road, Lynden, WA 98264   |
VANCOUVER
“Just OK...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were 2 adults and a small dog travelling from BC to Mt Baker and stayed one night at this KOA. The entrance drive way was a pleasant look with the landscape and water. We stayed in a cabin (w/o bath). Simple, basic but served our needs. Check-in was reasonably efficient. My biggest surprise/concern was indeed on the washroom/shower facility. We walked around the entire campground but it seemed like there was only 1 washroom (for men/women) and only 1 shower stall in the men's area!! OK for just an overnight stopover. It was a very busy/full summer evening.

Room Tip: We stayed at Kabin 12 - v close to washroom; next to a bike pass; Kabin 9 was more private but more...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

When making reservation was told one tent was OK for our trailer site. Paid for 4 Adults plus one child. Parked the trailer and set up the tent around 6:30 pm. At 10pm, the owner stopped by to inform us the tent was too big and had to come down first thing in the morning. So the next night, 3 adults and one child slept in the small trailer, while the tough adult ended up having to sleep out side with no tent on the ground. It would have been nice to know the small tent policy upon making the reservation, or something on their website to warn us. Went to complain the next morning after being told the tent had to come down, to find 3 other campers in front of the line with the same complaint. No fire pit either.....won't ever go back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lynden hotels

Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for Canadian Thanksgiving. This was the first time we had stayed here and the main reason is that during the peak months it costs nearly $55 per night to camp here. However, after labour day the rate drops to off peak of around $30 which is what I would say it is worth. We had issues with reliable power for the entire trip, but the biggest issue was that the camp ground was 100% full with almost no staff on for the weekend. We would stay again, but only in non-peak time as there are other options in the area that are much more reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Snohomish, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stopped at the Lynden KOA for one night. The cost for a tent site was $34.00. I thought that it was a little steep but I had not been camping at KOA for a while so maybe my perception of costs was off. In the morning I went to the bathroom to take a shower and discovered that there was no hot water. I ended up taking a cold shower since I was pressed for time. When I stopped at the office to report the lack of hot water I was told,
“Yeah, the hot water tank is not big enough to supply hot water. The showers down here (near the office) have plenty.”
I paid $34.00 for one night and a cold shower? I will not be staying at KOA again. I expected a better response than that particularly since I had paid $18.00 the night before for a similar tent site in Anacortes with plenty of hot water for showers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our family has camped at the Lynden KOA for the past 8 or 9 years and in the last couple of years things there have been on the decline. We were last there a couple of weeks ago and they messed up our reservation and when we tried to address it the Manager dealt with the situation in a very unprofessional, rude manner. I also have to say that the bathrooms were filthy for all 3 days we were there and the big dirt ring around the pool wall was gross also. For over $200 for 3 days (charged $5 for every person on site over 2 and were a family of 4) of camping I would expect the washrooms to be cleaned at least 2x daily and for the Manager to have handled their error in booking our camp site in a more reasonable manner, standing in front of us arguing while she is smoking her cigarette and telling us she is tired from working 21 days in a row did not help resolve our issue at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We camped here in a tent site up on the "hill". The site was a good size and completely shaded, and set back away from the crowded RV spots. They really pack 'em in this place! Every inch of the campground is jammed with RV's. The grounds are kept clean though, and the restrooms were spotless. Biggest complaint was the pool. It is so small!! There were so many people in it we would not have dreamed of going in. I can't believe the maximum capacity was not exceeded. It was a hot weekend and we were very disappointed to find that we could not take advantage of the pool. It was one of the reasons we chose a KOA over a state park. We could have paid $20 less somewhere else. Huge bummer. Overall a pleasant stay but will not go back due to the pool situation.

• Stayed August 2012
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I will start with the 2 bad things.......1st the dumping station is beside the playground???? What were you thinking there? 2nd, not enough washrooms.........ok now the rest will be short and sweet.......We are Canadians and discovered KOA on our trip to Washington State.......I can not say enough about this one!! The grounds were so well kept and clean........The duck ponds were my favourite thing and I know we will return to this beautiful area.......thank you!

Room Tip: all sites are beautiful
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lynden / Bellingham KOA? Share your experiences!